New LFR Loot system? Huh?

•The new LFR loot system will allow everyone to roll individually. The highest few rolls will win an item from the boss. Upon winning a roll, if the boss has an item that you can use, you will win it. If not, you will get some amount of gold. It will only be in LFR to begin with, but can be added to other parts of the game later.

So why even roll then?

Why don't we kill the boss and the loot/gold gets randomly assigned (between those who can use it). That's basically what this does, but with a button. Why do we even need the button?

Awesome, I wanted this other item, but I ended up winning the Tier piece 15 weeks in a row. Oh well that's 30 more gold for me when I vendor it.

This doesn't fix any of the current problems of the LFR loot system unless I am missing something.

How about we see how it actually works instead of imagine it before we complain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You wont compete with other players for gear.
    LFR bosses dont "drop" items anymore.
    You roll a /random 100 against the game, if you win, you'll get an item you actually need from the boss' loot table.

Basically, you make a /random 100 roll against the game.

You roll a 57.
    Game rolls a 63.

=> no loot. Try harder next week.

You roll a 99.
    Game rolls a 13.

Systems checks the loot table for an item you actually need (probably also excluding items you already have)
    => item found - gratz, you got a new item
    => several items found - probably another roll to determine which item you get
    => no item found - +gold

Re-read, please.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post16000048

Deleted
    We have a thread on the new LFR loot system already

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ew-Roll-System