Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Server first titles push good players to be the best they can be,

and give 0 motivation to bad players (casuals).

As such, do not expect them to return to WoW ever.

Deleted
    They aren't coming back, and it's good. The FoS feels much better in the guild tab that in the char tab, it was bound to cause drama. Personally, benching people in a 1st kill is hard enough as a RL without adding the factor of that.

They were simply talking about first realm titles because of the titles/achievement going account wide. Those titles will remain character bound to keep them rare.

Ream first level X titles need to go, as they encourage unhealthy gaming behaviour when an expansion is released making many people miss out on the flavour of the expansion instead of leveling at a more natural pace (and getting some sleep).

Raid based ones are fine /huggles of the Four Winds title
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Server first titles push good players to be the best they can be,

and give 0 motivation to bad players (casuals).

As such, do not expect them to return to WoW ever.
    A casual doesn't have to be a bad player, you clueless little man.

A casual may as well be someone who did server 1st M'uru and Kil'jaeden, when you were just spamming Karazhan over and over for badges. But as years passed, he maybe decided to focus on university career, job, wife and kids instead of burning his life on raiding anymore.

Some day, you will be a casual too and you'd better become a casual before it's too late for your life aims (if there are any).

Quote Originally Posted by Lecktor View Post
    Which is funny because you use a realm first title.
    so because he likes the title it self it automatically means he has to like the design that gave it to him?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterYi View Post

A casual may as well be someone who did server 1st M'uru and Kil'jaeden, when you were just spamming Karazhan over and over for badges. But as years passed, he maybe decided to focus on university career, job, wife and kids instead of burning his life on raiding anymore.

Some day, you will be a casual too and you'd better become a casual before it's too late for your life aims (if there are any).
    Really wasnt trying to offend anyone, sorry you took it that way.

I have a real job, and a wife, and a social life... but that isn't the point.

Currently, people just use the term casual as a shield to hide behind because their guild is 1/8H.
    "Oh well yeah we raid 10 hours a week just like you, but the reason we are working on normal spine while you are on heroic spine is cause we are casual and you are hardcore."

Honestly, if you are reading the forums of an unofficial website, there is like a 99% chance you aren't playing this game casually.

To play something casually would be to basically log in for an hour, maybe two, every couple of days. I know a lot of players in game who play this game a ton more than I do, who consider themselves to be "casuals" because they aren't in a good guild or can't get above 1800 in PvP. There are also tons of players who play this game way more than I do who don't raid at all (outside of say, LFR) and run dungeons 24/7... I am not trying to insult anyone, but in my experience, like 95% of those players aren't very good...

which, for the record, is fine. I am not saying that if you play WoW that you need to be some amazing player who constantly min/maxes and never screws up on their rotation. I find it wonderful that people play the game just to enjoy it... but if you are playing it 10+ hours a week, don't call yourself a "casual", cause you aren't.

All I was saying is that Blizzard is moving more and more towards rewarding you for logging in and trying rather than rewarding you for being good. They understand that things like "Server First Titles" only benefit the 5% of the playerbase that will actually attempt to get them... and therefore Blizzard isn't designing their game around those 5%, which is a very smart business move on their part, and will keep WoW subs high, even if a lot of top guilds in the world do quit (which more than likely won't happen anyways, because they don't have any other good MMOs to go to).

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Realm firsts titles are a bad design. I don't hope to see them back.
    Why is it a bad idea? What is the downside?

Giving them to everyone exalted with the guild is just a terrible idea. None of the casuals in my guild earned that title, the vast majority did nothing to help in any way shape or form. Theres also alts and selling the title. Shitty guild on shitty server could make like 10 million gold because theres no risk at all of it being stolen away.

I like how it is now. The only thing is I would like a 10/25 distinction because they are entirely different (not easier or harder, but different) and maybe a personal FoS. Even then whoever sits doesn't get a FoS so it could be problematic, albeit not as big a loss as a title.

The arguements on this is ridiculous. What harm do server-first titles REALLY cause? I mean REALLY.

There are more important things.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    The arguements on this is ridiculous. What harm do server-first titles REALLY cause? I mean REALLY.

There are more important things.
    It sucks to be one of the people who worked really hard in the guild yet was sat for that pull the boss died on.

I hope they bring them back, and do separate 10/25 ones as well.

Stay classy!

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Well only small issue I saw is that you couldn't award your whole raidgroup with it and I always felt a little bad for those who had to sit out despite them being eventually there for progress in those raids while I got all those titles. That said I'd still like to see them back - of course with a strict 10/25 separation - everything else would be retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I mostly stated my reasons as a reply to some guy earlier. They excluded too many people who deserved them and the quality of realms varies massively so on some realms world 50th won't get a realm first while on another world 1500th will march into one.

I don't really like the thought of challenge dungeon realm firsts either.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    needs to have a certain cut off period imo, some servers picking up grand crusader when LK 25 hc is already dead on others is quite pathetic.
    On my Server H LK was not killed until 4.2 was about to drop, sad but true.

OT: I would like to see realm first for everything but the raid Kills, but then again I come from a realm that has slower progression only one is 5/8 h and most are 1/8h even with the nerfs