Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because I honestly thought that was how it worked. I guess I was wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgaan View Post
    Actually, I do... Been playing for six years. I thought you could just set up a subscription by adding game time.
    What game have you been playing for 6 years that didn't require you to actually buy the game ? ....

I can't tell if you are trolling, OP.

But here are some facts:
    You need to purchase both the GAME and a SUBSCRIPTION in order to play.
    This ideal hasn't really changed. You buy the game, pay them for access to the servers and grind your little heart out.

I don't know why you are confused. You bought game time for a game you don't own. I cannot believe that anyone would be unable to see the logical flaw here.
    You are either trolling, or unable to comprehend simple logic.

I see where you might be confused with the free trial.
    You don't own the game. You played it for free and now you have to buy both the game and the subscription. It doesn't matter that you bought game time, you still have to buy the game.

Stop being silly, think for a minute, lose the sense of entitlement, and buy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay so what lead you to believe that? Just saying you thought it was like that with no reason behind why you thought it would be different is total madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    What game have you been playing for 6 years that didn't require you to actually buy the game ? ....
    World of Trollcraft.

Please stop feeding. :>

That's like buying gasoline and saying "where's the car that comes with it"...
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my question is "Why?" Why should I be forced to pay even more money for something I am subscribed to?
    because thats how things work bro, your not being forced to pay even more money you have to buy the game before playing it... wow?!

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be the funniest thread on mmo-champions...
    You said why should I have to pay for a game I'm already subscribed to... If anything it should be the other way around, why should I have to subscribe to a game I already paid for.
    Idk whats worse, the fact that you bought game time without a game, or the fact that Bioware let you buy game time without a game.

OT: you should always read the fine print, cause I can guarantee you somewhere it said you needed the game first.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Actually, I do... Been playing for six years. I thought you could just set up a subscription by adding game time.
    But what use is a subscription if you don't own the game in question? it's like buying furniture when you don't own a house..

I do think they shouldn't have let you add time without a cd key. They should have at least been clear about it when you added the time to your account.

Anyway, there is nothing you can do about it because you didn't buy the time from them. You can either buy the game now, or sell your account with 120 days to someone who wants to buy the game.

it is kind of silly... i know when i trialed wow to come back, in order to add gametime to the account the fee for the "copy" of the game was included in the price at checkout...

kind of weird that he would even have an option to add gametime to an account that doesn't have a license for a full copy of the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be so mad if it hadn't cost me $60... If I had known this would happen I would have just purchased the bloody game.

I wouldn't be so mad if it hadn't cost me $60... If I had known this would happen I would have just purchased the bloody game.
    Played mmos for 7 years and you really didnt think you had to buy the game?

really?

I think this would be pretty obvious. Your buying game time for a game which you haven't yet got.

if it was me i wouldnt have spent $60 without trying the game first.

you got gas but not a car. then the gas is useless/waste of money until you have the car

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually tried it during the weekend pass. I liked it and thought I could upgrade my account using time cards.

Unless for some odd reason having the trial is classified as owning the product(which likely was overlooked) I'm not sure how you would have been able to add time to it, a fresh account without any product attached to it doesn't even give you the choice to add a subscription/gamecard. While it may be a screw up on BW/EA's part it should be fairly well known with this type of game that you can't play it past the trial period without actually buying it.

That said, call up Customer Service they may be more likely to get something done(and likely better understand the situation).

you can't sir

you must buy the actual game or game code online if you want to play it during the timeplay you bought

That's like buying the DLC for some game you don't own and then claiming you thought you would get the whole game...

Even if you thought you could just upgrade via paying for gametime.. why did you buy that much gametime (120 days?! that's four months) at once? O_o