Poll: How would you best define yourself?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm that 6 slices of toast topped with avocado and cracked pepper was good (wish it could have been salami and cheese, but it might have mean't I can't walk for 3 days afterwards ... bleh)
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Sounds like you are being very nihilistic and nihilism is still a belief. Just saying...
    Isn't nihilism the denial of beliefs? Or was it denial of things having an intrinsic value? Something like that.

Mmmm that 6 slices of toast topped with avocado and cracked pepper was good (wish it could have been salami and cheese, but it might have mean't I can't walk for 3 days afterwards ... bleh)
    I would be dead in a week if I had to go through life with your food limitations. How do you live, man? :?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Spiritual myself, I eat meat to absorb the souls and powers of the animals in question.

j/k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Isn't nihilism the denial of beliefs? Or was it denial of things having an intrinsic value? Something like that.

I would be dead in a week if I had to go through life with your food limitations. How do you live, man? :?
    It seems like it's all doom and gloom, but it's not all bad, I've been dealing with it for years, since I was about 16, basically my kidneys produce too much uric acid which in turn form crystals on my joints that cause severe swelling, it's basically acute arthritis, or more commonly known as gout... if I get an attack it can affect both my knees and feet meaning I can't even get out of bed for fear of passing out due to the pain, especially shitty in winter as even placing a sheet on my affected limbs is far too painful lol.

Medication helps with acid levels, but it's never really gone, so I have to be careful.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    It seems like it's all doom and gloom, but it's not all bad, I've been dealing with it for years, since I was about 16, basically my kidneys produce too much uric acid which in turn form crystals on my joints that cause severe swelling, it's basically acute arthritis, or more commonly known as gout... if I get an attack it can affect both my knees and feet meaning I can't even get out of bed for fear of passing out due to the pain, especially shitty in winter as even placing a sheet on my affected limbs is far too painful lol.

Medication helps with acid levels, but it's never really gone, so I have to be careful.
    Still... you mentioned two of my most common types of food right off the bat. I would be dead. In a week. A week!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Nihilism is the belief that everything is pointless, chaotic and random. Basically, that shit happens, and that there's nothing to do with it. For most people it's the step before true meditation, since nihilism, is an honest minds last step.

Being honest with yourself and just observing the world, the mind concludes that shit is fucked, yo. Now of course the mind can only think and use logic, which only understands fragments of the big picture. Moving into meditation and into no-mind, you start realizing that shit just looks fucked (yo) but in reality isn't.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a vegan for about four years now. I do it for health reasons though, not moral or ethical (and that's not to say that I don't believe animals deserve ethical treatment or that there aren't many questionable practices in the meat industry--it's just not my primary driver).

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 10:05 AM ----------

I eat more veges than meat, but that's because I pretty much have to due to my shitty kidneys producing too much bad acid... basically I can't eat:
    Yep, uric acid is very annoying. I have very high uric acid even though I'm a vegan. It's one of the reasons why I made the switch. At least with a vegan diet I don't need to worry about gout.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Sounds like you are being very nihilistic and nihilism is still a belief. Just saying...
    Considering I had to google the word, I don't think so.

Another thing to look at is seeing the levels of Oxalic Acid within the food you eat as they should be avoided if you have kidney problems, especially uric acid production issues. Oxalic Acid will increase uric acid levels in your kidneys.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/oxali...oods-list.html

Ask your doctor about it and see if you can come up with a better diet trying to avoid those foods.

I was reading a list about oxalic acid content in food the other day(I love swiss chard, which happens to be loaded with it. >.> ), will see if I can find it.

HIGH OXALIC ACID CONTENT:
    Lambsquarters, beet leaves, purslane leaves, spinach, swiss chard (leaves & stalks), rhubarb, parsley, amaranth leaves, sorrel.

LOW OXALIC ACID CONTENT:
    Dandelion greens, most fruits, kale, watercress, escarole, mustard greens, turnip greens, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, asparagus, cabbage, and most greens not mentioned.

Also, regarding oxalic acid free drinks, ask your doctor about Rooibos. It is an african tea from the Rooibos plant, it has a very apricoty/woody flavor. I drink it all the time as it is caffeine free.(allergic to caffeine~)
    Last edited by Drofu; 2012-03-20 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    I do think it's very likely that if you are into new age "spiritualist" stuff that you might also be interested in being vegetarian.
    (You know hipsters and the such.)

But (imo) this is only going one way. I don't think vegetarians are into new age "spirituality" as a whole.

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzen View Post
    Nihilism is the belief that everything is pointless, chaotic and random. Basically, that shit happens, and that there's nothing to do with it. For most people it's the step before true meditation, since nihilism, is an honest minds last step.

Being honest with yourself and just observing the world, the mind concludes that shit is fucked, yo. Now of course the mind can only think and use logic, which only understands fragments of the big picture. Moving into meditation and into no-mind, you start realizing that shit just looks fucked (yo) but in reality isn't.
    Good description of nihilism however I think "chaotic" and "random" have inherently a bad connotation. While chaos and randomness are the only true forms of equality. I'd rather put it this way.

'Nihil' means 'nothing' in latin. It generally means that you believe in nothing. (Obviously as with anything there are different degrees.)

It is sometimes described as a subgroup of atheism. Atheists only reject deities and can still be spiritual (e.g. believe in "fate" or "karma").
    Nihilism on the contrary reject all of this (even morals and in some cases existance).

Commonly a nihilistic point of view is that it does not matter at all what you do since the existance of life and therefor the human race is insiginificant and just a random coincidence.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2012-03-20 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    I do think it's very likely that if you are into new age "spiritualist" stuff that you might also be interested in being vegetarian.
    (You know hipsters and the such.)

But (imo) this is only going one way. I don't think vegetarians are into new age "spirituality" as a whole.

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 02:53 PM ----------

Good description of nihilism however I think "chaotic" and "random" have inherently a bad connotation. While chaos and randomness are the only true forms of equality. I'd rather put it this way.

'Nihil' means 'nothing' in latin. It generally means that you believe in nothing. (Obviously as with anything there are different degrees.)

It is sometimes described as a subgroup of atheism. Atheists only reject deities and can still be spiritual (e.g. believe in "fate" or "karma").
    Nihilism on the contrary reject all of this (even morals and in some cases existance).

Commonly a nihilistic point of view is that it does not matter at all what you do since the existance of life and therefor the human race is insiginificant and just a random coincidence.
    Aye, but you can't believe in nothing, since beliefs are a conglomeration of thoughts, and thoughts even when trying to comprehend "nothing" turns it into something. To believe in pointlessness is still believing in something. It is a much higher degree of truth to not think at all, and just experience the world in front of your eyes. Nihilism has negative connotations because it is as bad as any other belief in that it is a barrier between you and the actual world.

I thought nihilism boiled down to "we're all fucked; might as well party."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton