Thread: Pvp bounty

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pvp bounty

While reading someone's comments over on the official wow forums they brought up an interesting pvp idea, bounty.
    Actually I think it would be a cool idea. Imagine if every time you killed someone in open world pvp you earned bounty points. People with the highest bounty points could be listed on a message board in cities or maybe even a bounty board for each zone. If you kill someone with a bounty those bounty points are given to you as honour points and that person resets to 0 bounty points.

-A person with a bounty can't un-flag, fly or take flight paths.
    - You can get a stacking buff from killing pvp Npc's such as town guards. The buff increases the amount of Bounty Points from killing players.
    - When a person has lot's of Bounty Points they will show up on the map.
    - If a person is inactive they will lose Bounty points.
    -Special vendors will exist that will allow you to buy items while you have a high bounty.
    - You do not gain bounty while fighting in Battlegrounds.
    - Anything done in groups will be shared in groups.
    - There may be bounty dailies where you have to kill x amount of players.
    - A leader board will exist that shows the people with the most world kills.
    - Titles will be available for those that kill anyone to gain bounty and those that kill the bounty.
    -The Bounty Hunter
    -The Assassin?

Edit: Continue adding ideas and things that come up through the thread...

Any other thoughts on a bounty system?
    Last edited by sajin0084; 2012-03-21 at 11:25 PM.

I actually like that idea alot. It would give player's a reason to go out and pvp in the world.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a great system actually OP as the user above me has stated ''World pvp'' could come back in a form.

Deleted
    Can only hope

well thanks.
    I think you could also get Bounty points from attacking and killing guards and taking outposts and small towns out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would kinda screw over the PvE realms though. Gather high bounty for epeen, then never flag themselves unless it's an unfair fight.

So I have my friend on the alliance side log on his character and I kill him over and over again.

Eve Online has a bounty system sort of like this, all people do is have their friend kill them to collect the bounty when it gets high.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Would kinda screw over the PvE realms though. Gather high bounty for epeen, then never flag themselves unless it's an unfair fight.
    If you have bounty points you can't un-flag for a certain time.

sounds awesome lol ! bring back world pvp

ot : i have a strange feeling my bounty is going to be making me a marked man if this comes out but it will be fun ! people wont be running away from me they will be running after me >.> makes a pleasant change i guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    sounds awesome lol ! bring back world pvp

ot : i have a strange feeling my bounty is going to be making me a marked man if this comes out but it will be fun ! people wont be running away from me they will be running after me >.> makes a pleasant change i guess lol
    Ooooo you made me think of something else...I know this is a lot like the old pvp vendor system but there could be a vendor (where you get gear that maybe increases stealth or something) where you can purchase things based on your Bounty Points. So you don't use bounty points but you can purchase items from these vendors if you have certain amounts of points...

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the new info from Blizzard. They're doing something better than bounty- World PvP will reward an increase in your Conquest Cap. Not just some extra conquest, you could conceivably get a cap as much as 3k from just doing World PvP.

That shit cray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Do not roll on a pve server if you want to pvp. That is the almost the same as someone on a pvp server complaining about getting ganked.

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Read the new info from Blizzard. They're doing something better than bounty- World PvP will reward an increase in your Conquest Cap. Not just some extra conquest, you could conceivably get a cap as much as 3k from just doing World PvP.

That shit cray.
    That is indeed appealing.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-03-20 at 01:58 AM.
    I like sandwiches

i like this idea but blizzard doesnt listen to its customers and they dont care about pvp so
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

That shit cray.
    Holy shit. I'm definitely world PvPing in MoP then, haha.

I mean, I would like to now -- but nobody else really does it. ):

Well first of all, where would you world PVP? Outland, Northrend, Catazones or MoP places? The world is incredibly huge

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure if they did implement something like this, which I think they really should, they'd have a way to prevent you from just having an alt on another account log in and let you kill over and over and then collect the bounty on. Probably a diminishing return or something similar. But it's still be very fun to be on a wanted poster hung in all the towns.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    i like this idea but blizzard doesnt listen to its customers and they dont care about pvp so
    If only you read the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be great, but only if it does not reset or get changed when you are in arena and bgs, so only outdoor pvp affects it.
    good idea! but probably hard to implement.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Deleted
    Great idea! Also bounty from killing enemy players too, with a weekly honor reward based on how much bounty you've done ?

Quote Originally Posted by crylo View Post
    but nobody else really does it. ):
    Pretty sure no one does it full stop

Not gonna lie, Blizz suggested a good idea. But why not tie OP's idea AND this conquest idea together?

Now THAT would probably bring back world PvP