10+ Year Old Account

Do Alliance wins Twin Peaks,Eye of Storm and WSG more than Horde on average?

On my Alliance char it feels like Alliance winning Twin Peaks and Warsong Gulch much more than Horde. Also Eye of Storm. (i guess its might be luck with getting better teams on Alliance)

And on my Horde char it feels like Horde have no problem winning Kotmogu/Arathi Basin/Silvershard Mines/Gilneas

So the question is do Alliance wins Twin Peaks,WSG and Eye of Storm more than Horde on average? or i just had better luck with better Alliance teams in those 3 bgs?

(talking about non-rated bgs)

TLDR: Alliance wins WSG/Twin Peaks/Eye of Storm more than Horde? or i just having better luck on my Alliance chars in those 3 bgs.

I've lost every eye of the storm as Alliance for the past 3 years. It's one of my blocked BG's because it came up so frequently. That, Silvershard mone and battle for gilneas are basically horde auto wins on my battlegroup.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    I've lost every eye of the storm as Alliance for the past 3 years. It's one of my blocked BG's because it came up so frequently. That, Silvershard mone and battle for gilneas are basically horde auto wins on my battlegroup.

Alliance wins pretty much every BG the same amount as horde except Gilneas.

Horde wins pretty much every BG the same amount as Alliance except AV.

I tend to win more BGs when I'm grouped up with 3-4 other friends. Then we usually never lose a random BG.

http://www.wow-stats.info/bgwr01.html

On EU it seems alliance IS winning slightly more WSGs than horde, but horde is winning more TP. No one knows what the win ratios are for EotS as the statistics for that have been bugged for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    http://www.wow-stats.info/bgwr01.html

On EU it seems alliance IS winning slightly more WSGs than horde, but horde is winning more TP. No one knows what the win ratios are for EotS as the statistics for that have been bugged for ever.
    I haven't researched at all yet, but didn't blizz release some numbers on win ratios a year or 2 ago? My memory sucks but didn't they show that win ratios were always between 60/40 for each side, some favored one faction some favored the other. The only 2 that stood out were the 40 mans.

I could be mistaking this for something else though.

alliance wins more bgs now since blood elves have tipped the pretty boy population in hordes favor. Longer bg queue times, slower bg talent progression as a consequence, and less experience per unit time waiting to pvp.

Horde used to be the most hard core pvpers because the kind of people who would specifically choose the bestial looking races, the ones that look like they had baseball bats taken to their face were such a turn off to people who wanted to look sexy. But now that blood elves are here, the abercrombie crowd has flooded horde ranks and their ferocity is diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    I haven't researched at all yet, but didn't blizz release some numbers on win ratios a year or 2 ago? My memory sucks but didn't they show that win ratios were always between 60/40 for each side, some favored one faction some favored the other. The only 2 that stood out were the 40 mans.

Maybe, but numbers from 2 years ago won't mean much now anyway. These statistics are from the past 4 weeks in both EU and US regions and get updated regularly.

AV and IoC are still the outliers though, alliance wins more there. Not enough to tip the overall win ratio in their favor though. If you blacklist IoC and AV as horde you should win slightly more than you lose, assuming you don't carry at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    alliance wins more bgs now since blood elves have tipped the pretty boy population in hordes favor. Longer bg queue times, slower bg talent progression as a consequence, and less experience per unit time waiting to pvp.

Horde used to be the most hard core pvpers because the kind of people who would specifically choose the bestial looking races, the ones that look like they had baseball bats taken to their face were such a turn off to people who wanted to look sexy. But now that blood elves are here, the abercrombie crowd has flooded horde ranks and their ferocity is diminished.
    All of my what...

Is this a bait?

This feels like a bait..

Deleted
    It's put in a baity way, but it's not wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. I have yet to win a single of those BGs in Legion. Pre-legion, I have about 60% losses in each as well.

YMMV.

In my experience, however, I find...

WSG = Ally
    AB = even
    EOTS = even, slightly horde
    AV = Ally
    Gilneas = even, slightly Ally
    TP = Ally, but not as much and WSG
    SSM = Horde mostly
    ToK = Ally
    DWG = Even
    SotA = Horde slightly
    IotA = Who even plays this anymore?

Though, I have noticed post legion that horde are lucky to get a single healer, whereas Alliance usually have at least two, sometimes up to four. You can almost look at your team, count up the healers. And work out your chance for winning based on the number.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me playing on EU;

I'd say Battle for Gilneas and Silvershard Mines are more likely Horde wins. I feel the SSM Map is better for the Horde and they ultimately focus more on Lava than Alliance do, especially during the start. Horde goes Lava, Alliance often splits and gets slaughtered. Battle for Gilneas seems to also favour Horde as well. Easier to spot threats standing between Mines and WW than LH and WW. Horde often has the element of surprise and plays better usually.

For Alliance it's the PVE orientated BGs, Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley, that they dominate. No point denying it, they just have the better tactics it feels like.

Would say DWG, ToK, TP and WSG are pretty even. Horde seems to work better at AB and SotA. Also based on my statistics EotS seems better for Horde.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

If I play Ally toon.......horde wins 90% of the time......if I play Horde toon.......ally wins 90% of the time. This has been my experience pretty much since Season 1 glad weapons for honor patch.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post

Is what I think you were talking about.

Looks to be within the past 4 weeks only though.

So to answer OP's question, no Horde are still winning the majority of battlegrounds except for IoC and AV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    We must be on the same battlegroup.