Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have heard this topic many many times. Both the consoles and PC have their ups and downs, it just all depends on what you want to go for. I play both consoles and PC to play games I like, I don't get in this whole debate of which is better then the other. Besides, they both do the same thing we use them for. To play games.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    t
    console gamers are younger, it's a fact
    Prove it.

There are plenty of over 40 clans/guilds playing on consoles and PC.

The fact that people need to whine about what other people do in their free time is hilarious.

Yes, I have a PC, 360, and PS3. I use them all (although the PS3 is relegated to blue-ray player lately).

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    Tend to be younger? I'm sure you have some actual statistics to back that up?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Here is the only thing I could find on google:

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-vs-con...k-212611.phtml
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/av...-32-says-study

Seems to indicate PC gamers are older.

I play on both consoles AND the PC. If a game is multi-platform and I am willing to drop 60 dollars on it, I will always purchase it for the PC,as I beleive that PC is the superior platform for games. However, I frequently buy console exclusives that I wish to play (Dark Souls, Demon's souls, and Uncharted 3 being my most recent console purchases) and enjoy playing on my xbox or PS3.

One major advantage to consoles is that games are not "Locked in" to them once purchased. Whereas I must purchase a PC game in order to play it, though the gamefly service I am able to experience and beat console games without having to pay for them at full price. Because of this service, I am able to complete a ton of games that I want to play without purchasing them like I would have to on PC.

So, my opinion is this: Play whatever you choose to play. Some don't have the money for a PC, and others may enjoy a big chair and a gamepad to an office chair and a keyboard. I personally prefer the PC over the consoles, but the consoles allow me to rent and play games that I can't play on the PC. Pros and cons for both platforms are out there : )

It more or less has to do with how games are developed these days. Instead of titles being created with PCs in mind, then the necessary work done to get it to run on consoles, many titles are dev'ed for consoles and ported over.

This meant the simplification of many games, the removal of mod tools, the removal of LAN play on many titles, etc, which has squashed many potential gaming communities, and led to rightfully resentful PC gamers.

They're both good tools, good for different things. Consoles excel at some game types, PC's excel at others.

I have no hatred toward console gamers... I have many friends who play console games exclusively. It sucks for them--they're missing out, but I don't hate their choice. There are some really cool games that haven't been and won't be released for PC. Also, it's a lot cheaper to simply buy an Xbox 360 or PS3 then to pay double or triple the amount for a really good PC gaming rig. Am I biased toward PC gaming? A little, but I am also a whole lot more of a gamer then the majority of my console-playing friends as far as hardcore/casual goes.

Actually, I have received a lot of flax for playing PC games exclusively. Basically the opposite of what the OP is experiencing lol.

Anyone who limits themselves to one or the other is just displaying blind fandom or stupidity. Outside of legitimate financial reasons there's no reason to do so.

Consoles give the advantage of uniform hardware across all it's users, which means that game makers can create products and know all of their users will have a near identical experience. PC has more potential, however without fairly current hardware it's a severe disadvantage to play pc games due to missing a lot of the polish at low graphics settings.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Console vs PC doesn't matter to me very much. I like both. If I can I will usually get a game on xbox 360, not because I think it's better, but because achievements. I am a hardcore achievement addict, and if it doesn't make the achievement sound then I don't get my fix.

I've noticed what the OP said as well in many posts on these forums. (I honestly don't read PC Gamer so I have no opinion on it) I'm 31 and outside of MMORPG's, I am still a console gamer. I started gaming with a console (Colecovision) and console games are still my preference. My husband is the opposite, though. He has always been a PC Gamer and rarely plays anything on our console systems. Frankly games are games, if the games I played were on PC I'd probably play them on the PC. But since they're not, I stick to my consoles and I don't really care what other people think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    then you are assuming console gamers have the ability to:
    - switch on a PC
    - open Internet Explorer (they bought a prebuilt Dell PC with a big stick saying "New Model", using another browser is asking too much)
    - register to a forum
    I can do this on the original PSP. This is a pretty empty statement, granted I understand the point you're going with this.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-03-21 at 04:16 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Anyone playing on exclusively one platform for any reason other than cost is a fool and depriving themselves.
    While I agree with this, I for the most part only play consoles for exclusive titles......so in a sense if it wasn't for that and they were available on my PC then I would play them on my PC. I have nothing against consoles though, they are what captivated me and got me to fall in love with this hobby that I now call a lifestyle
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    The console and PC markets are in direct competition; there's guaranteed to be some animosity from the less tolerant devotees of both.

Then there's the console port issue; games developed for PS3/Xbox and ported (very poorly in some cases) onto PC. Poor quality textures and graphic settings, missing FOV options, hostile DRM and that damnable "Press any key to start" splash screen. Why are you there?!

Being a primarily PC gamer (I own a PSP and PS3 as well) .. for me it's not "PC vs Console", it's "Keyboard/Mouse vs Controller" and for the vast majority of games that I play, KBM is far superior. I do still get annoyed at crappy console ports though.

Deleted
    I play both, and I also use a console to play any PC game that's compatible with it. There are many people both sides that are immature and abusive, but in the end it's just a preference.

I've not seen many arrogant PC users, but I could say I have seen a lot of arrogant console users. I'm nothing myself, but alot of people I know say that the whole MMO franchises and all that, are so lame and blah blah, and that CoD/BF etc is where it's at(on console). I guess it goes both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread reeks of flamewar...
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont hate the people that use consoles. I just hate consoles. I should only have to have one box for entertainment. Not to mention, a few great titles that were for PC originally, only to have their sequels created for consoles, then ported to the PC.

Then there comes the ability of the mouse vs the analog stick.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Prove it.

There are plenty of over 40 clans/guilds playing on consoles and PC.

The fact that people need to whine about what other people do in their free time is hilarious.

Yes, I have a PC, 360, and PS3. I use them all (although the PS3 is relegated to blue-ray player lately).
    Aristotle was a failure; asking for empirical evidence in the face of overwhelming logic is a crutch man.

PC is more expensive. Ergo the audience will tend to be older. <- period

Consoles are awful for gaming, another paradoxical LOL if I may say.
    “We boil at different degrees.”

then you are assuming console gamers have the ability to:
    - switch on a PC
    - open Internet Explorer (they bought a prebuilt Dell PC with a big stick saying "New Model", using another browser is asking too much)
    - register to a forum

console gamers are younger, it's a fact

kids won't ask their parents for a gtx 580 on christmas, they want "teh XBox"
    While I do play all games, I play more xbox games than anything else, so I would technically fall into the category of console gamer. I run Firefox with multiple addons for my browser, and I have more forum posts than you.

There's a reason sweeping generalizations are considered a type of logical fallacy. And don't even get me started about how good I am at games. Nobody wants to hear about my Super Saiyan swagger, and my epeen is already big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    Aristotle was a failure; asking for empirical evidence in the face of overwhelming logic is a crutch man.

PC is more expensive. Ergo the audience will tend to be older. <- period

Consoles are awful for gaming, another paradoxical LOL if I may say.
    Actually, since I spend 8-9 hours in front of a computer at my job, I like to hold a controller when I get home more than I like sitting in front of a PC.

And what 'overwhelming logic'? I would certainly get my kids a PC before I got them a console, as my parents did for me. My experience is that there are just as many 12 year olds in WoW as there are on Live.

So, I asked for proof of the statements that people are making that younger kids play on consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    If console games took advantage of their USB ports and allowed official mouse/keyboard support I probably would lose the last remaining interest I have in modern PC gaming completely(besides firmly PC only series). With so much DRM and download only games plaguing the PC scene anymore it has only helped to push me away, in fact its gotten to the point where I intentionally will choose console ports over PC ports because I know the vast majority of the time I wont have to deal with that bull shit. I can live without mods for games for the most part thought I do think it would be nice if more console games added support for player made content like LittleBig Planet and Halo Reach did.

If Blizzard did have a console port of Diablo 3 ready that for the most port stayed very similar to the PC version then I would 100% choose the port. First off I am sure a console version wouldn't require a constant internet connection for single player, no mods available anyway on D3 so that isn't an advantage the PC version would have and on a personal level I don't like the real money auction house so would actually look forward to seeing that cut from a console version. If Blizzard made a console version take advantage of a keyboard and mouse that would be great but even that would probably easily be able to get around since unofficial 3rd party keyboard/mouse adapters do exist.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-03-21 at 08:50 AM.