Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
    I'd like to add that the timeline of events that took place during BC's development make the claim that Pandaren got scrapped extremely believable.

Blizzard announced the existence of Blood Elves at Blizzcon when they announced BC. They refused to say anything about the Alliance race for many months - in fact, if I recall we only found out about Draenei a month or two before the BC beta. This signals that both Pandaren and Blood Elves were being developed in parallel initially, but when Blizzard decided that BC wouldn't do the Pandaren justice about halfway through the dev cycle they found themselves in a pickle. They then went scrambling to come up with a different race to replace the Pandaren, bringing us the Draenei many months later.

This is further supported if you look at the details of the Draenei models. Draenei females have the exact same face textures as female Blood Elves - a hallmark of being rushed.

nobodies argueing they were scrapped during the developement of bc, we all know that as common knowledge, what people are argueing is the screenshot with an obvious photoshopped icon like its supposed to mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    nobodies argueing they were scrapped during the developement of bc, we all know that as common knowledge, what people are argueing is the screenshot with an obvious photoshopped icon like its supposed to mean something.
    Why is it photoshopped? Because they look different from the Vanilla races? So does the Blood elf one. The Blood elf icon is a PLACEHOLDER, so why wouldn't the Pandaren one be?

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Why is it photoshopped? Because they look different from the Vanilla races? So does the Blood elf one. The Blood elf icon is a PLACEHOLDER, so why wouldn't the Pandaren one be?
    ....because panderan were scrapped during development not alpha testing.

....because panderan were scrapped during development not alpha testing.
    This screen shot is Pre alpha testing....

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those saying that the blood elf looks like a reskinned night elf...just go to Ghostlands, in Goldenmist Village. There's little mobs (pretty sure they're Quel'dorei ghosts) there that look terrible and are reskinned night elves. It's kind of funny looking at their faces, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    This is Pre alpha testing....
    Yeah, this. Word.

This screen shot is Pre alpha testing....
    the screenshot obviously shows that....oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, for those arguing why it wasn't a screenshot of the Pandaren model...there probably wasn't one. There wasn't a blood elf model either, seeing as they used a night elf one as a placeholder. What were they to use as a placeholder for pandaren? Furbolgs?

It does if you knew anything about how the game was before Bc came out... Go read my post on the 3rd page I explained what the game was like at that point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does, as there's no way it could have been of Alpha or after, seeing as (as you've pointed out) they were scrapped before alpha.

So, yea. Some of you people think I p-shopped this, I just found it on the internet. Sorry for sharing what I found whether or not you have seen it, OR whether or not it is fake or real.
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    in vanilla blood and high elves used the night elven models i belive(with just paler skin) and there is few in the game at this time that still use that model there rare but they are there

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Also, for those arguing why it wasn't a screenshot of the Pandaren model...there probably wasn't one. There wasn't a blood elf model either, seeing as they used a night elf one as a placeholder. What were they to use as a placeholder for pandaren? Furbolgs?
    Exacltly, thank you. I'm pretty sure they used a Pre-Cata Worgen model for the one in Character creation as a place holder during Cata Alpha and such.

It doesn't explicitly say that it's part of later testing, either. Everything about it suggests a pre-alpha build that had the sole purpose of setting up placeholders for further development - testing new models is a lot easier when all you have to do is replace the placeholder model and run it.

I'm just gonna say the people that are denying it, are Wrath babies (No offense was meant in that part; just the truth.). I mean I started out in '06 and even I remember the whole Pandaren fiasco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrules14 View Post
    So, yea. Some of you people think I p-shopped this, I just found it on the internet. Sorry for sharing what I found whether or not you have seen it, OR whether or not it is fake or real.
    No one's accusing you of photoshopping, people are just saying that the image IS photoshopped. They're basically arguing that...actually, I'm not really sure WHAT they're arguing about.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne22 View Post
    I'm just gonna say the people that are denying it, are Wrath babies (No offense was meant in that part; just the truth.). I mean I started out in '06 and even I remember the whole Pandaren fiasco.
    Yeah that is probably what it is. If they actually played since vanilla they wouldn't be thinking its fake.

Yeah that is probably what it is. If they actually played since vanilla they wouldn't be thinking its fake.
    Indeed.

Hmmm, quite.

After looking into it a bit, I can confirm that the screenshot is fake.

In the TBC Friends and Family Alpha, after adding Draenei and Blood Elves into the game, the tidbits about Horde and Alliance still stated there were only four races.

You can see this in many videos as well as this screenshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things:
    1. Seems like someone made a lot of typos in that character screen. Could be Blizzard, could be someone else.
    2. I'm not quite sure where that pandaren icon came from, but we can clearly see it's not the same icon that's used in MoP. It's not proving anything, ofc. It's only an observation.

Those are the facts. The rest is only assumption. Be it real or not.

EDIT: Actually, the icon comes from WC3.
    Last edited by Furye; 2012-03-21 at 05:15 AM.