Poll: Would you want one of these jobs?

Deleted

8 Of The Easiest Jobs On The Planet!

Pro Sleeper

Qunar, a Chinese travel review site, has hired three secret reviewers this year to assess the thread count, wi-fi strength, slipper softness, and room service at top hotels throughout the country. Meanwhile, Travelodge employs a full-time bed guru to nap in all of the national hotel chain's rooms, testing the quality of each mattress. In 2006, that guy earned close to six figures. Generally, expect to earn $1,500 a month.

Chocolate Eater

At Godiva, chocolate testers are trained like sommeliers for the job, learning to inspect for sheen and cracks, taking "bunny sniffs" for aroma notes, and savoring the texture of up to 50 bonbons a day. Food testers can earn anywhere from $24,000 up to $70,000, depending on the company. It may sound easy to do, but it's a hard job to get. Godiva tasters go to "chocolate school" to qualify, while other companies require "super-tasters," those born with uniquely potent taste-buds.

Cute Pet Aggregator

For most of us, kitten ogling is for break-time. But if you're a web editor for Cute Overload or a casting agent at True Entertainment, the production company behind Animal Planet's "Too Cute" you have to comb through adorable footage and photos of sloths, kittens, and puppies for a living. The average salary of an entry level staffer for a cute-animal site can range from $10 an hour to $40,000 a year depending on location, company and responsibilities.

Mansion Sitter

It's actually possible to live like a millionaire on $10,000 a year. One couple spent winter in the Pyranees and summer in Antibes, skimming leaves from their private pool, walking dogs, and chasing away burglars by simply occupying one mansion or another. Veteran house-sitters with killer reputations can charge around $200 a week to mind the mansion, that's in addition to room and board. For newbies, there's Luxuryhousesitting.com, a site that connects wanderers with high-end property owners in Florida, California, even Malta and the Virgin Islands.

TV Watcher

There's a solid market for this gig. Fast-typing fingers can earn you a starting salary of $25,000 to caption TV shows for the hearing impaired as you watch them. Production assistants for clip shows like "Talk Soup" spend their days flipping channels in search of potential segments to pass along to producers, earning a few hundred a week. At Nielson, a team of media researchers stay glued to the tube, 8 hours a day, $10 an hour, watching out for any product placements across networks.

Professional Know-It-All

YouTube's partner program has turned self-made DIY videos into cash-money. The trick is to anticipate the things people want to know but afraid to ask. Can you draw a decent smokey eye? How well can you fold a paper airplane? Can you whistle? Super 'clicky' web tutorials on absurdly simple tasks can bank their makers up to $100k. "It's nice to get paid for doing absolutely nothing," the guy behind the popular "how to tie a tie" video told NPR.

Spa Critic

If you're going to have strong opinions, why not use them to get massages? Susie Ellis, C.E.O of Spafinder, has gotten thousands in her 20-year career. She's traveled the world as an intrepid reporter, testing back rubs and aromatherapy rituals for her online spa directory. Freelance writers and editors for spa sites and magazines can get all the same massage perks without any of those C.E.O. headaches, and earn between $20,000 and $90,000 a year.

Resort Consultant

According to one branding website, a popular mommy blogger was hired by a family resort to spend four days as a V.I.P. guest and offer feedback on how to improve their kid-friendly features. In addition to an all-expense paid vacation, she earned $1,200 for her time. Nice work if you can get it. Too bad the easiest jobs are the hardest to find

Source: http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/9-...224000804.html

Deleted
    I remmember on Scrubs once I saw a chick that was a professional hotel reviewer. She'd basicly just stay in hotels, try their bed, bathroom, pool, robe, room service etc. and then rate it for her employer (I assume some hotel guide).

Pretty nice job.

Deleted
    If prostitution is mass legalized around the world, will there be a prostitute rating agency, where a person has to go around the world and evaluate prostitution services?

Deleted
    I heard a story about a prostitute tester who also works as a model.

*drool* I wanna be either a mansion sitter or a resort consultant...

Deleted
    Pro Sleeper! That would fit me so good.. :P

On the other hand, I would hate to be a chocolate eater though..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    If prostitution is mass legalized around the world, will there be a prostitute rating agency, where a person has to go around the world and evaluate prostitution services?
    I like the way you think but....What about when you have a really negative review?

"Prostitute had not bathed or brushed teeth in what seemed to be, at the very least, months. Nether regions were covered in thick crust. Prostitute also gave me AIDS and Syphillis. Do not recommend. 1/5 Stars!"

Yeah....no thanks.

Deleted
    Railway station guard in a small village in the backcountry of Portugal. Once in the morning, the train stops in the one direction and he has to close the barrier, then open it again. In the afternoon the same thing, as the train slowly travels in the opposite direction. I have never seen such a beautifully decorated train station with flowers everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    I like the way you think but....What about when you have a really negative review?

"Prostitute had not bathed or brushed teeth in what seemed to be, at the very least, months. Nether regions were covered in thick crust. Prostitute also gave me AIDS and Syphillis. Do not recommend. 1/5 Stars!"

Yeah....no thanks.
    Awww man, that's nasty.

Honestly, they SOUND easy (and some of them are), but you'd probably find they are deceptively difficult. Or at least, not as easy as you'd think.

The Pro Sleeper, for example. Sure, there's the sleeping aspect, but you have to write up your opinions afterward. You have to think about a whole lot more than the average person does when staying in a hotel. It's not just jumping from bed to bed with nothing else to the job.

The TV watcher, too. You basically can't process what is actually going on in the show. You just listen to what is being said and focus on typing it out. More difficult than you'd think (especially if you make a mistake, lose your place, and get confused while trying to catch up).

These jobs are certainly better than a lot out there, but I doubt they're as easy as you'd think.

Deleted
    i was gonna say what about the island resort tester? and then it was at the bottom. but i think by far thats the best one!

also i wouldnt call them easy(i have done way easier jobs), just that they are really fun, plus comes with huge bonuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The Pro Sleeper, for example. Sure, there's the sleeping aspect, but you have to write up your opinions afterward. You have to think about a whole lot more than the average person does when staying in a hotel. It's not just jumping from bed to bed with nothing else to the job.
    Would you rather have to write a report on how awesome your sleep last night was or would you rather write a financial report?

Seems like a no brainer.

Wasn't there a Cracked article about a guy who wore a shirt with advertising on it as a job? I want that job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck this Air Traffic Control shit, Ima be a mansion sitter.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if they had something like taster for Sam Adams... sign me the fuck up.

I would take any of these over getting bitched at by rude people any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely none of these jobs appeal to me. I'd take a job that revolves around something I enjoy thoroughly, such as flying planes, any day over these options. I guess the mansion sitter is all right, enough work to keep busy. Sleeping all day sounds depressing and bad for my health, and watching TV for 8 hours straight is as far as I'm concerned a depressing experience that leaves me feeling like I should get out more.

If the choice were between any of these jobs and a bog-standard retail or office job, I'd take them in a heartbeat.

If the choice were between any of these jobs and building awesome computers or flying a helicopter, I'd give them a pass without second thought.

My current job is retail and it's not great, but I'll keep it for now because it involves a lot of heavy lifting and serves as good exercise. It also teaches me the importance of hard graft. It's not your standard retail job because it involves making maintenance to vehicles, too.

Deleted
    How about a WoW gm, sitting on the toilet, answearing some retarded questions... that is.. life

Deleted
    Sounds cushy.

I'd like to be a hotel inspector, like in the last episode of Benidorm (if anyone watches that). Funny job.

Deleted
    Spa critic! I wonder what are qualifications for the job?