Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Id like to see cloth drop to a reasonable price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    nothing changed on AH on my realm ;s
    Same here. If anything, red gems skyrocketed in the past week or 2.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

only difference i've seen is vp boots/bracers have gone down, can get boots for 2.5-3k

Deleted
    Months have passed, and a LOT of items are NOT down to patch 4.2 price level yet. I wonder why, as meanwhile supply >>>>> demand.

Maelstrom crystals are still around 150g, and they did cost 80g in patch 4.2. These do not want to drop in price... for whatever reason (shatter probably).
    Heavenly shards didn't change AT ALL, constant at 70g - 80g for half a year now (of course in 4.3 they cannot cost more than 50% of a maelstrom, probably the reason).
    Elementium Ore was 1.30g to 1.50g in 4.2, now it's STILL around 3g - 4g per ore. I don't get this, as infernos did cost 70g in 4.2, now they are at 100g in 4.3. Ember topaz and demonseyes are cheaper than in 4.2!
    Carnelians do not drop below 35g - 40g, yet it's barely profitable to make infernos (100g) at this carnelian price, or even GCEs which sell for 35g - 40g (15g in 4.2).

Summary: ore tripled in price, maelstroms doubled, heavenlys no change (shatter?!), GCEs tripled, carnelians tripled, infernos starting to head towards 4.2 price level, ember topaz and demonseyes were always cheaper than in 4.2 (wtf?).

Enchanting yields much more profit than jewelcrafting, this is porbably due to the fact that everyone and his mother want to be jewelcrafters. Jewelcrafting is like a magnet for all who want to start making gold, yet it's not as profitable as enchanting, by far.

Deleted
    I think it's a bit too early for us to witness the "pre-expansion sale".

10+ Year Old Account
    Jewelcrafting is crashing my server, people are taking over one type of gem and selling sometimes at 10% the price of last month.

The scroll market in my server is no longer profitable, unless you already have a rich inventory of enchant mats. Enchant materials, for some reason, are still stable.

The tailoring and leather market in my server are doing just ok. I can score 1-3k from tailoring and I'm flipping leather since it seems no one is a skinner in my server.

I have a niche market with crocolisk tail and beer-basted crocolisk, I buy out people at 1G and sell the beer-basted crocolisks at 150G a stack, people are buying less and less but I still make a ton of profit in that market.

I don't know how other markets are doing. I've tried to penetrate a few but pretty much my server is dominated by a few small-range market goblins and they've got a tight grip on their stuff.

Prices are steady on my server as well.

Deleted
    Glyph Market has completely crashed on my sever Frostmane EU Horde. One of the other main posters listed all his Auctions at 33g so most glyphs are going really cheap, don't know if he purposely did it to clear stock, or to just reset the market so he controls it but yeh it's crashed haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    If prices responded either positively or negatively, would you still blame it on the Press Event? I blame the rising Gem prices on my server on the bad weather today, everyone must have felt it.

MoP is one part of it, the other is that most guilds pushing any kind of progression are more or less fully geared now. Plus it's that time in an expansion where a lot of people take time off until the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this is relevant, but some markets might be more volatile due to LFR. With LFR I've started to care much less about having everything enchanted or gemmed, I wonder if other players have shared the same feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    So ever since the MoP Press release ive noticed a pretty extreme drop in AH prices. I would guess maybe a 30% across the board and 60% in some cases.

Just wondering if this is a trend around servers or just a fluke on mine.

And before anyone posts prices have been dropping for months now. Im aware but they were on a steady pace. Nothing like this.
    Think this happens every time before the end of the expansion. However, people are just really unsure as to when the next expansion is coming out. People are panicing all ready. I mean the other day someone listed Greater Celesstial Essences for 30G each when it was selling for close to 70G each last week. I picked up around 2 stacks of them. I really should have picked up more cause the price went back up to 55G today.

I see it happening in the other markets as well, but enchanting is definitely much more easier to tell because people ain't raiding as much and everyone seems to be stuck or hit the brick wall and most of the hardcore raiders have either stopped raiding till the next expansion or unsubbed. The market is even smaller and people are basically trying to sell all their enchants/gems/consumables etc.

However, I am surprised that Embersilk Cloth has not dropped in price at all. In fact it only keeps going higher and higher.

But I suggest you buy out some of the low risk items/goods and keep it till the price goes up. The other day I saw someone selling Pyrite Ore for 80G a stack. People were hoarding Pyrite Hoard and I've actually seen pics of people that had Guild Banks stocked with Pyrite ore since most expected epic gems to be prospected from Pyrite. People are trying to cut their losses and move on to the next best thing. The price drops even further especially if everyone is dropping the same item on the AH trying to sell their goods quicker.

Another reason is that MOP is already at its Beta Testing phase. Cataclysm went into Open Beta around 3-4 months before it went live. Pretty sure it will not be that long this time. Blizzard will try and get MoP out for the summer where they hope most of their subscribers will play the game during their summer break. So that is around 3-4 months from now. Yeah, makes sense people would want to dumb everything now before it falls even more.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 02:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Id like to see cloth drop to a reasonable price.
    I know right? Cloth is probably the only item that hasn't dropped. In fact I only see it rise higher and higher. It went from 50G to 60G and then to 70G. Someone then bought the entire listing on the AH and posted it for 99G a stack. Every other item has dropped. Red Gems have dropped to 100G on my realm. The last time I saw it that low was during the last month of Firelands.

Deleted
    Prices crashing as well as activity. Less raiders and less people generally because now is the time to take a break and DS was a let down.
    What I have noticed is that its not just less people but more people in the ah who are shuffling like mad ever more ridiculoys amounts of ore and selling the gems they don not want(any colour but red) for 10% of their previous price. This causes a glut in the market and I doubt prices will ever recover.

On the positive side the effect from the patch lasted much longer than I ever expected.

I typically farm elementium ore to make some gold. I was selling it pretty consistently for 90g-120g a stack, now it's been hovering around 30g a stack for about a week.

i would say people are now hoarding there gold rdy for MoP
    and people are already geared so are not bothering spending gold in item enhancements cause they know it will be replaced soon

Deleted
    Global market value is pretty stable.
    There has been slight drop, but shouldn't really be noticeable since it's around 3% or less over the last month.

Deleted
    Btw of MOP is in august then it has a long way to fall.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2012-03-31 at 12:46 AM.

On my server market is in a never ending cycle: wednesday prices on ores/gems/enchants/enchanting mats skyrocket, then steadily decline till next wednesday. But over past 4-5 weeks average red gem price droped by ~40g (down to 110-130g). Still a very nice profit, can't complain)

on Khaz'goroth US, the ah has dropped quite abit with reguards to every cata gathering mats.... even enchanting mats and made gear...

Stock on resources.After MoP release there will be great demand in "obsolete" resources due to new characters needing to get past the various proffesion tiers.One particularly nasty trick is to split resource stacks for something like fel iron into 15-5 splits with the 5x stacks going for 3 the amount of the 15x stacks per ore.People will still buy just "to get it over with".Seriously,BC resources are still the most overpriced commodities available in the AH.Same will happen with Cata resources since the particular tier was kinda on the heavy side of the resource demand (in contrast with Wrath).