Rocket boots are great until they backfire on you and then that boost you counted on is no longer there. We're probably the class who needs it least (my co-tank is a DK with it and its nice for him having an actual usable speed boost that's better than the paltry 30% from Death's Advance). If a savage roar, two rolls, and a tiger's lust isn't enough there's probably some other issue.

I'm bad/lazy and just run with leatherworking/skinning knowing that the crit from skinning could be better off being another crafting profession but I also don't play at a level where min maxing to that point is quite necessary so I save my gold
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Rocket boots are faster than any of our other movement abilities! I've used them on Thok to give an unfortunate target tiger's lust when they were out of range, IJ for "who the fuck put that mine there" and Garrosh for terrace transition, p3 add kiting, p4 iron star kiting (they were really fucking good here). It's never required, it's just extremely convenient- and if it backfires you have a backup plan.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

So I recently got the lfr gaunts... the thing is that I already have 561 gauntlets. Is the 2piece worth it(I'd get 2piece if i wear the lfr gaunts) to replace the 561 gaunts and have no set bonuses? thank you

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digesspliff View Post
    So I recently got the lfr gaunts... the thing is that I already have 561 gauntlets. Is the 2piece worth it(I'd get 2piece if i wear the lfr gaunts) to replace the 561 gaunts and have no set bonuses? thank you
    Because the item level difference is so huge (33 ilvl) the stats you gain with the 561 gauntlets will outweigh what is a relatively weak 2pc bonus.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    Rocket boots are faster than any of our other movement abilities! I've used them on Thok to give an unfortunate target tiger's lust when they were out of range, IJ for "who the fuck put that mine there" and Garrosh for terrace transition, p3 add kiting, p4 iron star kiting (they were really fucking good here). It's never required, it's just extremely convenient- and if it backfires you have a backup plan.
    Yeah... and in some cases it's "if I don't get over there RIGHT NOW this is a wipe", like when people drop IJ mines out in Vash'jir, in which case the extra damage taken from the backfire is irrelevant because it was a wipe anyway. Of course if you're in that situation it means someone (probably you) already screwed up by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, so it's totally fixable by better play. But... my guild's not a pro guild, and people screw up pretty frequently (including myself), and the rocket boost takes the edge off some of that in a way that more stats from other professions wouldn't.

(On IJ you can also cheese some of the movement with the goblin glider, which helps too.)

Deleted
    Even the best in the world can be in situations where rocket boots are useful. Tho we aren't the best in the world everyone in my raid with rocket boots has used them at some point to get out of sticky situation. And the wipes caused by backfire are far inbetween compared to the alternative.

Like kiting the adds on Garrosh HC and you use boots as a holy-shit-there-are-2-fast-adds-coming-at-me-where-is-the-slow?-button and they will not go off. thats kinda shitty.
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if the threat from Dizzying Haze barrels scales with gear or is a fixed number?

In theory I've heard that the extra threat scales with Vengeance. Haven't tested it thoroughly.

In practice (Heroic Sha of Pride specifically) I've found that Dizzying Haze is not enough to get an add off a determined DPS.

According to Wowhead (grain of salt..etc.etc.) the threat level for DH is (186.24 + (5.52*AP)), which means it scales with gear. Very few things are fixed threat amounts now, if any.

Hey all, looking for some pointers on 10h malk.

We killed him for the first time this week right after the 2nd blood rage. I did about 280k, but I feel that could be better. We're aiming for 1 blood rage next week.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elony/advanced

-2 healed
    -I solo tank first blood rage, DK tank got the 2nd.
    -Used agi flask and food, xuened on pull and again after 1st blood rage.

-Tank swapped at 15, I start on boss.
    -Externals available: 2 sacs, ironbark and LC.
    -Just used Fort Brew for the Blood Rage.

If there's a way for me to vengeance cheese and raise my damage on this fight substantially would like to know.

Thanks!

The only ways to do it on that fight, are to take more than 15 stacks of the debuff and solo soak blood rage. Unless there's some new way I don't know of.

Is it just harder to do high DPS on 10m normal SoO due to low vengeance and just lower damage in general?? I always see top BrM's near the top of the charts but I'm always at the bottom. I'm still at like...120-150k and we're downing bosses no problem so I've been trying to improve my DPS.

For example, our Iron Fight, http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=1

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    The only ways to do it on that fight, are to take more than 15 stacks of the debuff and solo soak blood rage. Unless there's some new way I don't know of.
    I'll see how high in stacks I can go this next reset. This was a progression kill for us, so I didn't bother risking it since I wasn't using tanking cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    Is it just harder to do high DPS on 10m normal SoO due to low vengeance and just lower damage in general?? I always see top BrM's near the top of the charts but I'm always at the bottom. I'm still at like...120-150k and we're downing bosses no problem so I've been trying to improve my DPS.

For example, our Iron Fight, http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=1
    Normals don't really give the vengeance levels you need to put out substantial dps from my experience. Normal Thok and Garrosh are about the only fights that give decent vengeance. IJ in particular just isn't a fight you'll reach high damage on. Jugg doesn't melee very hard, his burst is magic, you're running around popping bombs and getting knocked back in P2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello. My guild need a tank so I decided to make one. I have 541 ilvl monk brewmaster and I will tank OO 10 normal (may be even 1-st boss on heroic, but that's unlikely). I can't decide what stats should I enchant/gem now? I understand that appropriately geared monk must maximize agility+crit, but I fear that my gear is too low and I better stack stamina+mastery+dodge until I will be around 555+. Thanks for advice. Our DPS are better geared than me so I don't need to do high dps now, my only concern is survivability.
    Last edited by vsb; 2014-03-09 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    I started tanking SOO normal in 530-535 gear on my Monk and ran a Mastery focused build with higher haste(~6-6.5k with Ascension), at around 545 I went to full crit build with lower haste(5.5k is comfortable for me). My healers report that I am easier to heal than any of my cotanks except for our DK and none of the other tanks use DPS cloaks on normal, let alone heroic modes.
    Depending on how safe you play, a full crit build should be okay, do watch out on Thok, Blackfuse and Garrosh though, they hit hard if you are undergeared.
    Edit: This is only 10m experience, in 25m, a bit more mastery is never a bad idea. Stamina and dodge, however, are most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Hello. My guild need a tank so I decided to make one. I have 541 ilvl monk brewmaster and I will tank OO 10 normal (may be even 1-st boss on heroic, but that's unlikely). I can't decide what stats should I enchant/gem now? I understand that appropriately geared monk must maximize agility+crit, but I fear that my gear is too low and I better stack stamina+mastery+dodge until I will be around 555+. Thanks for advice. Our DPS are better geared than me so I don't need to do high dps now, my only concern is survivability.
    I'm a 10m normal tank. Unless you are dying consistently to physical hits, just go with hit/exp cap > crit > mastery > haste in terms of secondary stats. You really shouldn't be gemming stam/dodge/etc. If anything, go for the agi/mastery gems. AMR will also help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there has been lots of talk between 2h v DW and I know that its a very small difference at the same item level weps but what would be better for me? I just got a HWF sword from spoils but I also have a heroic staff from immerses. For the off hand I have either the heroic (non WF) mace from iron Jug or the heroic fist wep from fallen protectors. So my question is what would be better using the sword with a crit offf-hand or just using the staff that is non-warforged heroic.

Please note that im IL 577 with around 70% crit raid buffed so I push past the DW crit cap.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    I know there has been lots of talk between 2h v DW and I know that its a very small difference at the same item level weps but what would be better for me? I just got a HWF sword from spoils but I also have a heroic staff from immerses. For the off hand I have either the heroic (non WF) mace from iron Jug or the heroic fist wep from fallen protectors. So my question is what would be better using the sword with a crit offf-hand or just using the staff that is non-warforged heroic.

Please note that im IL 577 with around 70% crit raid buffed so I push past the DW crit cap.
    The difference between those two is negligible and shouldn't affect your survivability to any level that you can notice. Using the 2 1H weapons will provide slightly more dps and since one is HWF compared to the staff which is just H you'll get the same or slightly more total stats.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I'm looking for someone to help me go thru our warcraftlogs from our monk pov on heroic siegecrafter. There is a lot of debate about how much damage he is taking, he's blaming healers, healers are blaming him and I really only know my warrior stuff. We are about 200 pulls into it... IF someone would add me on real-id I would give them some parses, Thanks a lot.
    brawwwr#1584