Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    you'll use mastery when you get to paragons
    This..

Paragons will hit randomly hard. Especially Wind Reaver will be the bane of your life since he will randomly hit for 2x500k with shuffle up. + it is outside of a timer. Mastery is a great safety net. I still haven't switched to it, but in retrospect a bit more mastery would have kept me alive in what became a very close kill on paragons due to both tanks dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    you'll use mastery when you get to paragons
    I've been keeping Crit and Mastery balanced partially for (the love of) RoRo proc switching + knowing we are getting into the harder hitting heroics soon. Currently at 60% stagger base and can get RoRo to proc me to 95% if desired.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I've been keeping Crit and Mastery balanced partially for (the love of) RoRo proc switching + knowing we are getting into the harder hitting heroics soon. Currently at 60% stagger base and can get RoRo to proc me to 95% if desired.
    yea i use roro as well, i think when doing paragons i usually do around 13k mastery 11k crit, on our first kill i had like 17-18k mastery just because of how hard they hit at the end.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you use for your 2nd trinket for Paragons on 1st kill?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Is the 4pc BrM worth it? I personally have been passing on Tier for OS Heroic gear like Ricocheting Shouldguards and Slid's Silent Stranglers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmy View Post
    Is the 4pc BrM worth it? I personally have been passing on Tier for OS Heroic gear like Ricocheting Shouldguards and Slid's Silent Stranglers.
    4pc is worth it. 2pc is the biggest piece of shit ever invented in the game.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Yeah, I finally got my 2pc last week (yay having half of the raid on Protector tokens) and set up a UI widget to keep an eye on it.

With no vengeance, I'm getting miniguards of only 9k. On N-Sha it was more like 25k. They don't stack either, so you can't pretend you're a blood DK and build up a free shield while you're switched out.

So... yeah it'll reduce your damage taken by a bit, over the course of the fight. But it's a tiny amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 3 vanq, 5 prot and 4 conq in our 12 man roster, we get pretty much nothing but vanq! By the time I have access to 4p I'll already have full 580s (I already have Chest/Gloves 580, Legs T561, Helm/Shoulders 567). I don't even have the luxury to get the 2p yet... >.>

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more and more I watch other brewmasters on 25H Thok the more I'm wondering why I'm taking the boss for the full 29 stacks of acceleration in my group. The damage is just so mindbogglingly high it's crazy.

Do most 25H guilds just swap at 2 stacks of each debuff on Thok or what? I was tanking the whole first phase up to like 8 panic stacks and going up to 4-5 acid stacks on our furthest attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the off pieces more. Especially because I'm only 9 into heroics so don't have access to most of heroic tier yet.

Right now only have the Normal legs and Heroic chest because they both have good stats for crit build.
    Other than that Immers helm (H), Galakras gloves (H) and Iron Jug (HWF) shoulders are all really good. So I just roll with those unless I need to swap to a tank meta helm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    What do you use for your 2nd trinket for Paragons on 1st kill?
    bad juju i believe.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

I can't decide what I want to replace my H TF Bad Juju with because it has all that amazing mastery. I use the malkorok trinket for just malkorok (yay making Fort Brew up every blood rage). I was thinking Haromm's but I feel like the last mastery will hurt ~_~.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I roll with Haromm's and TEB Leblue for the majority of the fights. Swapping for certains ones like malkorok (rook's + Vial)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I roll with Haromm's and TEB Leblue for the majority of the fights. Swapping for certains ones like malkorok (rook's + Vial)
    This is pretty much what I do. Although, I use Vial/TEB for Malkorok. So far when working on Thok, I've been using Vial/TEB as well, just for the lower CD on FB. It's probably not needed though.

edit: Now that I think of it, I can probably go for a lower mastery build (using 24-25% for malkorok) and use both trinkets. Hrm...
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-11-17 at 02:54 AM.

Yeah Malkorok really is the only fight I like using his trinket for, feels almost unnecessary for anything else as of yet (just started working on heroic spoils). Tends to line up nicely with other parts of fights as a 3 minute cd anyway so the shorter 2.5 min cd from the normal trinket feels kinda meh. Until I get a heroic trinket off of dark shaman (and I get to wait till our hunter gets it iirc) I probably will just rock HTF Bad Juju for all that delicious mastery.

I'm also reconsidering how I've slowly been going more crit as I gear up and keeping my mastery around 18 ~ 19% unbuffed to keep going straight mastery. Once I do get haromm's I'm losing almost 2k mastery right there and I feel like that's going to hurt XD. Probably going to play around with gemming and trinkets using the malkorok trinket to simulate losing the mastery and see how many beers I need to pound to reach that mastery level again.

After rewatching our malkorok kill (I try to fraps all our first kills and review wipe videos) I noticed I'm fricken awful about keeping shuffle up anytime I have to do a secondary task (i.e. taunting an extra add, marking, putting a mark down). I've considered a bit more haste but really comes down to better play ~_~.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're working on Thok heroic and I've been thinking about just single tankign the entire fight as I currently take Thok the entire first phase through 29 stacks of acceleration. Thing is I'm not seeing any other brewmasters single tanking this fight on youtube. Why do people say a video is solo tanked when there's clearly two tanks and they're swapping at 2 stacks only -_-.

So, anyone else single tanked Thok heroic as a monk? The only phase I would see being an issue would be Frost. Either push him before the 5th stack and you get frozen or possibly BoPing it off.

I generally run semi even on crit/mastery, just because I like the additional damage reduction from mastery as opposed to having the more damage (since we never have issues with damage). So running 20% mastery buffed is about what I run. I'm also generally hovering around 6500ish haste, cause personal preference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    We're working on Thok heroic and I've been thinking about just single tankign the entire fight as I currently take Thok the entire first phase through 29 stacks of acceleration. Thing is I'm not seeing any other brewmasters single tanking this fight on youtube. Why do people say a video is solo tanked when there's clearly two tanks and they're swapping at 2 stacks only -_-.

So, anyone else single tanked Thok heroic as a monk? The only phase I would see being an issue would be Frost. Either push him before the 5th stack and you get frozen or possibly BoPing it off.
    Frost phase is not as difficult with 1 tanks as u'd imagine. You simply have to broken out of the tomb which shouldn't take more than a second or two, and in that time you are not suffering from the DoT damage which is the majority of the damage you take in that phase. What I would be worried about when 1 tanking is positioning the boss. But depending on how you position the raid it might not even be a problem.

Honestly, if you can handle the first phase just fine, and the positioning isn't a problem I do not see any reason why you wouldn't 1 tank it.

How much energy regen you guys running with? Currently at 14.76 myself, with ascension and 546 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    How much energy regen you guys running with? Currently at 14.76 myself, with ascension and 546 ilvl
    Generally for Brewmaster it's recommended to sit somewhere between 4.5-6k haste rating unbuffed. Any more and you're either not using Tiger Palm enough or not hitting keg smash enough, or just plain energy capping. Any less and you may have trouble keeping shuffle up on some fights.