Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpurin View Post
    I was having problems with transcendance after the patch hit, but after doing the boss again last night, it does seem to be working again.
    just working on the boss right now. Transcendance works fine

Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    just working on the boss right now. Transcendance works fine
    Did it on normal last night, Transcendence worked fine, no stacks. Our Warrior heroic leaped and still got stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    Shuffe = Bear form. Its how we deal with the low armor on leather. Most tanks have enough armor to reduce 50%+ physical damage passively. We just have to maintain a buff to do it. Not that shuffle is necessarily a disadvantage - since it scales with Mastery (similar to how bears get armor from Mastery)
    Even though not many BrM actually stack it ours is a lot better than bear's mastery because Armor suffers diminishing returns. We will continue to benefit just as much from the 1st point to the last point of mastery (Until we hit 100% I guess lol).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Hi guys, I'm new to monk tanking and I was wondering, how valuable is our Mastery on bosses with heavy damage from melee auto-attack (WotE, Sha, etc.) and if it becomes better than crit for such fights.
    I guess at lvl 90 it's not worth reforging all our gear, but I'm currently gearing up for an Herald of titans and, iirc, Algalon hits really hard.
    Also, any other tip for a lvl 80 BrM is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to monk tanking and I was wondering, how valuable is our Mastery on bosses with heavy damage from melee auto-attack (WotE, Sha, etc.) and if it becomes better than crit for such fights.
    I guess at lvl 90 it's not worth reforging all our gear, but I'm currently gearing up for an Herald of titans and, iirc, Algalon hits really hard.
    10man or 25man? Most would say for 10man, crit is king. Mastery is for the bleeding edge content (25man heroic).

Algalon 10man, and if I keep playing my monk 10NM for raiding.

I know I should only care about progression but I hate putting on extra mastery because I know I'll feel gimped one every fight that isn't like our current progression focus...

10+ Year Old Account
    Algalon also swings really fast so more crit = more EB uptime. Stacking crit will get you more EB, more self healing, raid ox heals, and DPS. Mastery will improve your EH. Obviously a dead tank is a bad tank but if your healers are reasonable you shouldn't need to be stacking EH for this fight.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

So basically transitioning from a decent geared ww to a BrM is pretty much the same gear, aside from set bonuses and some enchants / gemming options?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dariuslloyd View Post
    So basically transitioning from a decent geared ww to a BrM is pretty much the same gear, aside from set bonuses and some enchants / gemming options?
    Yeah the gear itself will barely have to change at all, swap out tier pieces and adjust gemming/reforging/enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Even though not many BrM actually stack it ours is a lot better than bear's mastery because Armor suffers diminishing returns. We will continue to benefit just as much from the 1st point to the last point of mastery (Until we hit 100% I guess lol).
    Not just that, but BrM mastery has increasing returns. Each further point of mastery is a larger EH boost than the last.

I did that. Algalon may well surprise you with how hard he can hit; I know he did me.
    I recommend going a full EH build. Healers are ridiculous at that level to the point that total damage taken is almost irrelevant, but their spells still take time to cast so you need to make sure you don't get gibbed.
    Just stack the bajeezus out of mastery and stamina. Elusive Brew isn't enough, he has the potential to gib you with just a few swings, so I wouldn't recommend leaving it to RNG.
    It's still not overly difficult no matter what you do though.
    Last edited by Kiqjaq; 2013-06-11 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Not just that, but BrM mastery has increasing returns. Each further point of mastery is a larger EH boost than the last.
    Wellll, yes and no. Depends what you measure. Mastery is in a higher class of scaling than armor, but only by one degree. For EH, armor is linear and mastery is superlinear. For damage reduction, armor has diminishing returns and mastery is linear.

(This is of course the exact same problem that they just fixed at the start of MoP with mastery for block tanks. And with ArP for Cata. And with dodge/parry for WoLK.)

Item - Monk T16 Brewmaster 2P Bonus (New) When your Black Ox statue Guards another player, you also get a Guard for 15% of that amount.
    Item - Monk T16 Brewmaster 4P Bonus (New) Purifying Brew also heals you for 30% of the amount of staggered damage cleared.

Does this new set bonus seem godly to anyone else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    Item - Monk T16 Brewmaster 2P Bonus (New) When your Black Ox statue Guards another player, you also get a Guard for 15% of that amount.
    Item - Monk T16 Brewmaster 4P Bonus (New) Purifying Brew also heals you for 30% of the amount of staggered damage cleared.

It has to be pretty good to follow the current 4set. I'm sure a fair amount of the new bonus will go to overheal and is probably worse than the current tier, however it will be nice for the 'oshit' moments. I imagine this will end up being more useful in 10man where you aren't receiving so much incidental healing, especially during heavy raid damage. In any situation where healers are just tunneling you, the new bonus won't be as good as the cu

Still I like the concept of the t16 bonuses, they seem quite well thought out

Deleted
    2pc seems meh. Bit less damage taken overall I suppose but that's it. Can't control and won't change anything to what you do.
    4pc I'm not too sure about as I don't really track total staggered damage so I got no real clue how big the heal would be. Anyone got some numbers perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK about the 4pc, its the entire stagger amount you have left right so like not the stagger ticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm not quite sure what to do with my trinkets atm. Armory for referenceI have Renataki's and ShadoPan VP trinket both upgraded twice. I just got a Bad Juju from LFR. Our hunter and enhancement shaman already have the normal Bad Juju, so next time it drops (or if I coin it) it'll be mine. I'm quite a bit over hit cap but I cannot get rid of anymore hit. SP VP trink is 105 second cooldown whereas Bad Juju is RPPM. I can't find any numbers for the LFR versions proc rate however...so I can't just do the math myself to see which is better. I don't think it quite is...but being over hit cap bothers me to no end. I'm torn between using it or not or just waiting til I get the "real" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    2pc seems meh. Bit less damage taken overall I suppose but that's it. Can't control and won't change anything to what you do.
    4pc I'm not too sure about as I don't really track total staggered damage so I got no real clue how big the heal would be. Anyone got some numbers perhaps?
    In LFR at 509 (6.73% mastery, 508k health unbuffed) my stagger was yellow at around 300k on durumu. so 30% of that would be a 90k heal. Pretty strong for 1 chi considering I would purify anyways. The 2 pc is also interesting since more no-overhealing absorbs are always welcome

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post

not really

especially when i'm using the current ones.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would like a bit of advice... I'm going to be tanking 25 man for my guild, and while brewmaster tanking isn't new to me, I'm not quite sure how my gems/reforging should change. I mostly did LFR and what not and tanked 25 early in MoP. Most guides I see advocate crit builds but that seems more for 10 man. Tried using Mr Robot and I think my haste is WAY too high. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%b6lf/advanced is my armory. Just trying to prevent face planting tomorrow when we raid. Any suggestions on which type of build to use? Guild is 12/12 normal and just starting to get into heroics. Thx in advance.