15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    We killed Dark Shamans yesterday so I'd like to ask if you have any tips for next 3-4 bosses from brewmaster pov Tips would be much appreciated
    Depending on who you tank with you should tank the add on blackfuse. The DPS and mobility that monk brings is very good.

Spoils dont be afraid to pull to much, in your gear they barely do any dmg and the timer can be tight if you are slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    We killed Dark Shamans yesterday so I'd like to ask if you have any tips for next 3-4 bosses from brewmaster pov Tips would be much appreciated
    There's quite a few on http://www.wendigobrewing.com/tip/ and you can use the filter's box at the top to hide the ones that don't apply to brewmasters.
    My top couple would be:
    Nazgrim and Malkorok stacking debuffs are avoidable so make sure EB is up as they use those as much as you can.
    Use Chi burst, Chi torpedo, and Celerity to help with healing on Thok. Make sure you tank first so you're not tanking in the later part of each phase so you can be torpedoing around for the healing.
    Use RJW for Spoils, Paragons, Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndy View Post
    Oh im not talking about survivability at all. Im just wondering if all that extra crit from RoRo proc may be wasted cause of crit cap or something
    With a full crit build your crit proc from roro will result in less total crit during the proc than a balanced build would give you.
    10k crit
    10k mastery
    5k haste
    roro proc gives you a total of 10+(10+5)*2 = 40k crit

15k crit
    5k mastery
    5k haste
    15 + (5+5)*2 = 35k crit

Still more average crit, but less crit with trinkets procced where you'd possibly be over the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Depending on who you tank with you should tank the add on blackfuse. The DPS and mobility that monk brings is very good.
    But it doesn't matter much who you tank with due to Electrostatic Charge. Three stacks of the debuff (which is how many you'll get by tanking the boss between shredder spawns) is enough to burn the add down in no time. And if you're a struggling a bit, just keep them on top of a sawblade or fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    But it doesn't matter much who you tank with due to Electrostatic Charge. Three stacks of the debuff (which is how many you'll get by tanking the boss between shredder spawns) is enough to burn the add down in no time. And if you're a struggling a bit, just keep them on top of a sawblade or fire.
    Well a monk has higher dps and the ability to easly move it into the fire/sawblade. The faster the add dies, less jumps it does, less dmg on the raid.
    Not saying that you must have a monk tank, but it helps to ease out other dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lairpie View Post
    Still more average crit, but less crit with trinkets procced where you'd possibly be over the cap.
    10k+1 crit 10k mastery 4.5k haste puts me > 100% crit and way above when trinkets/dancing steel start going of. So technically for RoRo any stats above your first scenario are wasted in regards to the proc. Crit still has same effect the other 75% of the time it's not proc'd of course.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Just want to do a heads up for my fellow monks. I am usally WW, but was asked to test something yesterday on Paragons of the Klaxxi encounter.

There is 2 bosses that has abilities that they cant apply if you are "Activly mitigating". Similar to Raden in that case. What I found out was the Shuffle didnt count as an active mitigation(elusive brew did).

For injection from Rik'kal the Dissector I found out that unless I could Chain Elusive brew it was just much better to let the injection debuff stack up abit(when it falls off you spawn nasty little adds). So lets say you stack it up to 4-5, have a 15stack of elusive brew and when its 1 sec left you use your next elusive until you dont have anymore charges.
    Hm. I'll keep this in mind when we do that boss. I assumed it meant Shuffle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess maybe they mirrored us with bears since their only AM is dodge? Does having EB up mean 100% it wont be applied or is it still subject to if the attack hits or not based on your total avoidance? Shame it's not the Ra-Den style auto win with shuffle.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

It's just having the buff active on you, not successfully dodging it. Raden was kind of dumb like that and should have worked off EB+Guard, not shuffle unless warriors got to claim they were actively mitigating because they had a shield equipped. He only casts Injection every 15 or 20 seconds or something so it's pretty easy to have EB up for it unless you don't crit on the pull, which is where I think you need to guard, probably more important than having shuffle up even as they don't hit for much at all. That's assuming Rik'kal is one of the first 3 as he is this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Something that may not have occurred to people, but is actually relevant now that other tanks do damage too: When you're pulling, taunt before keg smash. Before now, keg smash did like 10 times the threat of any other ability in the game and we're accuracy capped so there was't much reason, but now taunt buffs your threat too, meaning your keg smash will out agro a warrior's shield slam even if he gets there a second sooner or something.

Basically a high vengeance shield slam does more threat than a low vengeance keg smash, which wasn't true before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost dont with siege of org now and feels like only boss that would call for a meta tank gem is the garrosh. My DPS gem did so little on him and he also hits super hard even with over gearing it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are the 3 paragons the same across the board for everyone? Or are they different for each lockout and raid to the ones you get first and what not?

I was assuming it meant shuffle, but apparently that's wrong. Thought it was going to be lolfaceroll again heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Are the 3 paragons the same across the board for everyone? Or are they different for each lockout and raid to the ones you get first and what not?

I was assuming it meant shuffle, but apparently that's wrong. Thought it was going to be lolfaceroll again heh.
    same for everyone each week. Not sure if that applies the same to heroic or not. Also, can use chi brew right at the start to get EB up for injection. Or just cancel EB before injection, or plan for the first but if you discover you screwed it up, then keep canceling EB before injection.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, it doesn't have to be up to count? Does just having the stacks ready to be used count then or am I not reading what you're saying right.

You need elusive brew or guard up to count, not just having stacks available. For Rikkal specifically, warrior/druid>paladin>monk>dk for consistency of AM uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    You need elusive brew or guard up to count, not just having stacks available. For Rikkal specifically, warrior/druid>paladin>monk>dk for consistency of AM uptime.
    Well, you don't really need consistency, you just need it up when the timer comes up, which every class can do just fine. It may be more trivial for other classes, but especially when the bosses hit for essentially nothing, you can just use EB shortly before the timer for Injection happens, or if you somehow haven't crit in forever, save guard for that.

I think what you were confused by Bryce is that rather than having an active mitigation up for each injection, you can just make sure you don't have an active mitigation thing up, which lets the debuff keep rolling and I've referenced that. That's actually not what we did, but someone else said you can, and it makes sense because the little adds only spawn when it wears off. Mostly we had a dk tanking rikkal, then when we noticed the "doesn't hit tanks with active mitigation up" we swapped me to it, then it definitely still applied the debuff through shuffle. Then we killed it the same pull where it occured to me they probably meant EB, unlike raden, and I didn't get to play with the mechanic at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    AM seems to not always prevent stacks. I was getting them with 20 seconds left on SoTR buff. I used HA and we nuked him down first but I was watching myself get stacks while active mitigation was up. Seems a little buggy.

He stacks another ability as well (the one that makes you take more damage from Skeer? or something like that).

I've killed him six times this week and AM has prevented application of the injection 100% of the time ... twice playing a prot paladin, so I'm fairly certain AM prevents injection.

Deleted
    Choice of trinkets going into SoO; Bad Juju (N), Renataki's(N), VT of the Shado-pan Assault, Assurance of Consequence (Flex)

Never got a RoRo (had a few months off). Which do I roll with for 10N?

Edit; yes, I'm definitely a brewmaster - the AoC(F) was a surprise goodie tonight while loot spec was set to WW. The proc makes me consider it, even though the equip doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man these nerfs feel so bad

When we killed Juggernaut tonight I was only a few k above my Prot Warrior counterpart in DPS, and was a solid 40k under our DPS. RIP in piece veng
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Man these nerfs feel so bad

When we killed Juggernaut tonight I was only a few k above my Prot Warrior counterpart in DPS, and was a solid 40k under our DPS. RIP in piece veng
    I don't agree. Either your dps is way better then mine or you're doing something wrong. Here are my logs from Iron Juggernaut kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/av4zr...=12886&e=13274

Deleted
    I've recently switched from prot war to brewmaster so I didn't really have the time to farm ToT, I'm currently using Renataki and Shado Pan agi trinket and LfR RoRo dropped a couple of days ago.
    I'm currently running with a full mastery build for SoO. Is it worth dropping the shado pan trinket for a 502 RoRo?