Warmaster Blackhorn 10H 1 tank? [help pls]

Due to attendance issues tonight we spent our night of attempts using a 1 tank. It works fine for all of P1, and for phase 2 our plan is to have our ret paladin run away and taunt the boss, waiting till the boss is withing mele range to bubble. Are there any guilds out there who have done this successfully? Would we be better off 2 tanking, given our dps? (see logs) Does all of P2 take so long that we can't do it with only resetting the stacks once?

Comp:
    feral tank
    prot pally (this is the one that would be ret, his ret set is very strong)

2x combat rogue
    arcane mage (can go fire)
    ele shaman
    shadow priest
    surv hunter

disc priest
    holy pally

Also, any general tips given things you may have seen in WoL, related to our comp? We are lusting for the 3rd set of adds. Is there anyone out there who also runs a mele heavy comp for this fight who has any suggestions or tips? Thanks!

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/73499/
    Attempt 15 was best by far, got warmaster to I think 68%.
    Last edited by snookiee; 2012-03-22 at 03:14 AM.

Impossible unless you have a druid and very good dodge RNG for the debuff. Even then still probably impossible.

This is from my experience. I'm sure some will say it is possible.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2012-03-22 at 03:49 AM.

It would be possible if the feral would just dps and tank blackhorn to get the prot paladins armor buffs to reset, dont see a ret doing that tho in all honousty.

Eitherway, dont see much point, the dps requierment for that fight right now is very forgiving so.

The drake+boss together would probably end up obliterating the tank even if you did manage to reset the stacks. You're better off going with 2.

Deleted
    can't you just have a priest life grip the tank up to the higher level making boss run round which would reset the stacks then jump down after to resume?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    can't you just have a priest life grip the tank up to the higher level making boss run round which would reset the stacks then jump down after to resume?
    No, all the higher levels are on fire, you can only do the 2way stairs close to the aspects but he can hit trough those.

There's absolutely no reason to exchange a tank for another melee on warmaster. 2 tanks is pretty much mandatory due to drake + boss and the sunder stacks anyway.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Deleted
    we ended up 1 tanking our first kill from 50%. prot warr just did a bit of kiting with good rng and managed to drop stacks several times, would be very very dodgy with both warmaster and the drake beating on him at once tho

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lornd View Post
    we ended up 1 tanking our first kill from 50%. prot warr just did a bit of kiting with good rng and managed to drop stacks several times, would be very very dodgy with both warmaster and the drake beating on him at once tho
    50% = Goriona is gone = fight is won anyway, unless you screw up something quite badly. Full sunder stacks with 2 bosses beating on the tank, can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lornd View Post
    Our alt runs 10 man kill this week had our blood DK tank parry a godly amount of sunders so he tanked 65% to 0% solo with one healer alive from 50%, untill 10%. Then we kited him for the remaining 10%.
    We also had a 25 man kill where 8 people died, our warrior tank lagged out and left me on my DK alt with both bosses and 5 stacks for 30 seconds, got me killed with no combat resses, then proceeded to tank blackhorn till he died through some clever taunting of our ret and DK.
    That doesn't mean those two ways of beating the encounter are reliable tactics, and tanking the drake + the boss at the same time WILL end up with them smashing your face in.