Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Maybe they could make it so if they dispell our VT we get our mind blast cooldown reset and instant? It would deffinatly make people think twice...
    Even Better: Dispelling on DP gives 3 orbs (and resets any CD on DP if there is one?) so it can be cast again.
    For else, the 8sec Dispel cool down will keep people from spam dispelling DOTs.

Also, WTB self-dispel again.

Loving these changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Marraphy View Post
    I wonder why Disc can't just have Greater Heal AND Spirit Shell at the same time. The two spells function a lot differently; use SShell to prevent damage and use Greater Heal after you SShell to get their health up.
    The idea is that the two are in theory identical. Look at it this way, you wind up a Greater Heal on a tank. The tank still takes damage. What do you do, you wind up another Greater Heal. Sound about right? A lot of people say "What if the shield breaks", well the shield doesn't have a debuff or a cooldown, so you should have already been casting it again.

The idea with Spirit Shell is you start winding up another one before the first one wears off, you don't need to "bring a target up" inbetween casts. Because they never fell in the first place. If it's tuned right (that's a very big if), even a Healing Rain would be enough to cover the small gaps between.

If you go Greater Heal to Spirit Shell to Greater Heal to Spirit Shell, you're always playing catch up, one that's remedied by either straight Greater Heal, or straight Spirit Shell. The idea of Discipline is damage prevention, and playing ahead of the game.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

According to a friend of mine who just tested it, the debuff DP puts up is actually a disease.

How does that play into dispel protection? Especially with 6-second maximum duration.

Will cure disease function same as the new dispel? Have to cast two separate long-cd spells to dispel all a spriest's dots.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-05-02 at 05:42 AM. Reason: spelling, tired

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    According to a friend of mine who i was just talking to, the debuff DP puts up is actually a disease.

How does that play into dispel protection? Especially with 6-second maximum duration.
    Don't the new cleanse/dispel/etc remove all of the magic/diseases on a target all at once?
    Have to look I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Don't the new cleanse/dispel/etc remove all of the magic/diseases on a target all at once?
    Yeah it does.

Also Psychic Scream and Psyfiend/Void Tendrils no longer share cooldon. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    According to a friend of mine who just tested it, the debuff DP puts up is actually a disease.

Will cure disease function same as the new dispel? Have to cast two separate long-cd spells to dispel all a spriest's dots.
    We don't have two, we only have one, zaka. Purify is the defensive Magic/Disease removal, one GCD, one long cooldown.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    OMFG I was finally able to jump on, 3 orb DP rapes, prob cause I have so much haste.
    But just DP ( and staff/cunning proc) solo'd with 150khp a mob in about 1.5 seconds......going to test more once the servers a bit more stable
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2012-05-02 at 06:11 AM.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    OMFG I was finally able to jump on, 3 orb DP rapes, prob cause I have so much haste but just that dot solo'd a mob in about 1.5 seconds
    The dot can't solo a mob in 1.5 seconds. 1.5 seconds equals 2*7,5k damage or if crit 30k total. The instant part hits for 50k and therefore crits for over 100k.

Also, as far as i can see, duplicated VTs at least grant mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    The dot can't solo a mob in 1.5 seconds. 1.5 seconds equals 2*7,5k damage or if crit 30k total. The instant part hits for 50k and therefore crits for over 100k.

Also, as far as i can see, duplicated VTs at least grant mana.
    no that/s not what I meant.

What I meant was I got 3 orbs elsewhere, then went to a mob and just used DP it died in 1.5sec, my staff may have proc'd but without miks/skada and working combat log I can't tell
    Sig by Safhira

Spectral Guise..... since its stealth now... it breaks if you have a dot on yourself.... and aoe.

edit:
    only getting orbs from mind blast, makes it really slow to gain orbs..... so for pvp, psychic horror will be hard to put up.... you either need to hardcast mindblast.. or hard cast VE and hope for a proc for instant mindblast....
    also...
    apparition procs..... i rarely have 2 up at a time... forget having 15.....

spectral guise breaks instantly, cant cast horror when you need to, shadow is screwed against melee in pvp.
    Last edited by Alenoria; 2012-05-02 at 09:10 AM.

I have a question regarding some changes.

First of all what spells proc Shadow Orbs now? Is it each spell hit or each tick?

Second how much damage can Devouring Plague do?

And final how much damage do those apparitions do? Is it still the same or did it get buffed at least a little?

I also forgot to ask. If someone has the Dragonwrath that duplicates spells and also has this mastery does that mean that there can be a double Dragonwrath-Mastery proc for an insane amount of damage?

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    I've been traveling and away from Beta for the last few days, but at least as of today: Spirit Shell caps at 60% casting priest HP.
    *bonk*

Sigh.

Anyway - this kinda-sorta fixes SP. It's further nerfed your self-regeneration, though. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    I have a question regarding some changes.

First of all what spells proc Shadow Orbs now? Is it each spell hit or each tick?

Second how much damage can Devouring Plague do?

And final how much damage do those apparitions do? Is it still the same or did it get buffed at least a little?

I also forgot to ask. If someone has the Dragonwrath that duplicates spells and also has this mastery does that mean that there can be a double Dragonwrath-Mastery proc for an insane amount of damage?
    Only Mindblast generates shadow orbs at the moment.

Devouring Plague deals huge amounts of damage. It ticks VERY fast (like 0,75 sec) and does MAD initial damage

Shadowy apparitions move faster now, but i don't remember their damage. I will tell you when i come home.

I have DTR and i will test it.. but i doubt mastery procs can be duplicated.

Mindflay should generate orbs too imo.
    <inactive>

Thanks for the information guys. It is great to see that Devouring Plague is back. And 15 Shadowy Apparitions at a time? Nice. I hope they increase their spawn rates so we may able to see all of them at the same time.

Now, can someone makes a video of the new changes and put it here? I really want to see how shadowpriests are and I really wonder how hard DP's initial damage is.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Only Mindblast generates shadow orbs at the moment.

Devouring Plague deals huge amounts of damage. It ticks VERY fast (like 0,75 sec) and does MAD initial damage

Shadowy apparitions move faster now, but i don't remember their damage. I will tell you when i come home.

I have DTR and i will test it.. but i doubt mastery procs can be duplicated.

Mindflay should generate orbs too imo.

Well..

Shadowy Apparitions moves slightly faster (i think), but the damage is now very good 13-15k noncrit and up to 30k crits
    Last edited by Unholypriest; 2012-05-02 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    Spectral Guise..... since its stealth now... it breaks if you have a dot on yourself.... and aoe.
    It already did that before... It's useless.
    And final how much damage do those apparitions do?
    As far as i remember it was 10k per apparition.
    I really wonder how hard DP's initial damage is.
    The initial damage is roughly double the tick amount. For me thats ~15k per Orb, followed by 2-6 seconds of a 7k DPS dot.

A Video shows the new Dmg from the Apparitions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzIqoFma-MU

Glyph of Mind Flay

This Glyph is an Tooltip error. It gives 50% movementspeed for 2-3 seconds after finishing the cast.

http://i.imgur.com/I27q8.jpg is interesting too.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unholypriest View Post
    A Video shows the new Dmg from the Apparitions:
    Funny seeing that guy run around, hoping for a higher spawn rate. ;o
    This Glyph is an Tooltip error. It gives 50% movementspeed for 2-3 seconds after finishing the cast.
    Does it remove the slow component or doesn't it do that?
    I already wondered some time since there basically two MF-Glyph spells in the DB. One just with 50% movespeed and no slow removal, the other with slow removal and 100% increase. But that still doesn't change the fact that you rarely channel a full MF.
    http://i.imgur.com/I27q8.jpg is interesting too.. lol
    If you want to waste a Major Glyph slot for that, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    *bonk*

Sigh.

Anyway - this kinda-sorta fixes SP. It's further nerfed your self-regeneration, though. Sigh.
    Why the bonk? Before my 2 weeks of business trips, it was capping at 20 in a single cast...Zzzz now its 60% in 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I'm very excited for the return of shadowy apparition spam - everyone loved that - i frankly don't care at all if they only do 1k damage now - having a passive crowd of spriests will be totally worthwhile - and since their damage will account for nothing of our dps - if you see 15 of them standing in a row next to you Not dealing damage - we will just smile and say "how cute! ^^" and not flip our shit about our mastery being useless!
    It might be cute, but I am concerned about too many SA in 25-man raid. Sure it's funny but I don't want it to lag my raid.

Can anyone confirm whether only MB will generate Shadow Orb? Any other spell also generate it? MB got nerfed to 8s cool down, this mean it takes longer to get 3 Orbs.

One issue we have in Cataclysm is the too many RNG, the change to make SA on cast was to address such issue, give people more control of it. I am still a bit skeptical about the changes to revert it back.

Anyway, I haven't go the chance to test the current changes in beta, I shall find out more later tonight.
    Last edited by Mattachine; 2012-05-02 at 12:56 PM.