Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    The balance between 10 and 25 on that matter can be achieved by slightly increasing the required dps in 25 to offset the benefit of having more people (so more proc).
    I don't see Blizz balancing shamans and warriors around their unique raid dps cd, after all Mage are in very strong place right now (4.3) and yet they bring bloodlust. I hope they expand this idea to every class in one way or an other (dps, utility or healing) because it really encourages teamplay !
    They can't balance raids assuming the someone has the ability unless they can show that most raid groups would have it, ie mages aren't balanced around bloodlust on the bases that every raid group should have bloodlust. To balance it either:
    * a number of players need to bring mutually exclusive buffs (system similar to sated debuff).
    * everyone needs to bring a raid dps cd that can all be balanced together.
    * the player bringing the buff is reliant on the buff to have competitive dps (this will cause their performance in small groups or solo to be very limited).

I do like the idea of everyone having a unique raid dps cd, it provides the feeling that when part of a group you are stronger (which is something blizzard have said they want) and could have interesting tactical implications based on when you pop which to get the best mix. However if they can all be popped at the same time burn phases are going to be insane.

I hope they expand this idea to every class in one way or an other (dps, utility or healing) because it really encourages teamplay !
    I agree. I said on previous page aswell, these are the kind of cooldowns that can realy get alot stronger if people line up their cooldowns to line up with it.
    Imagine a 25man raid with a few warriors lining up Skull Banners to last the entire duration of bloodlust - If you have enough warriors for that ofc.

Just stuff like that is nice, because nowadays its all like "Durp durp, bloodlust now and pewpew dead baws"

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid CDs for dps is going to be interesting IMO when they actually attempt to add them.
    The entire reason of giving BL to other classes was not to bring the class over the player.

So this should be interesting how well they can add in class raid buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If is the totem that does the damage, does that mean that more than a Shaman can use it at the same time and both totems will do the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    If is the totem that does the damage, does that mean that more than a Shaman can use it at the same time and both totems will do the damage?
    Interesting question. I'll try finding out on beta later today

Aren't they making this game too difficult to play?

Atm (beta) i find it hard to keep track wich talents are active at any moment in time. Without any proper tracking tool, it's hard to know wich talents are active ...

18 new spells/abilities/passives. Only 6 are active at a certain time.

14 totems. Four of wich are talents-linked. Totems are air/fire/earth/water with different cd's.

A whole bunch of glyph option's ...

And that's just one spec ... I have 6 alts ...

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post

Atm (beta) i find it hard to keep track wich talents are active at any moment in time. Without any proper tracking tool, it's hard to know wich talents are active ...

14 totems. Four of wich are talents-linked. Totems are air/fire/earth/water with different cd's.

Uhm, you got this nice little tab if you click N that will show your active talents and then theres another tab that will show your active glyphs... ?

I think - Hope - the current spellbook on the beta is a mistake because its ridiculously stupid having ALL spells, talents, racials, proffesions, armor skills, ect ect ect in 1 "spellbook".
    Personally i prefer the one we had on the previous beta build with Active abilities and passive abilities. I liked that.

It is work in progress. There is going to be 4 tabs (5 for Druids and hunters) :
    1) general tab : race Passover, guild perks, mount skills
    2) elemental tab : all active and passive you have when you're specked elemental
    3) enhancement tab : same as above but for enhancement
    4) restoration tab : same as above but for restoration

This is going to be better but I still think there should be a "shaman" tab containing all the spells you have no matter your specialization so when you go in the elemental tab you only see elemental related stuff.

The game isn't getting harder, they are removing useless stuff for every spec so you only have the tools you need, this is going to clean action bars a lot !
    Talents can be a little more tricky since it gives you new tools but the way they are designed is you can't go wrong. If you don't know what the best talent is for one particular boss, that's not a problem, pick any talent you want and you'll be fine. So the risk/reward is minor.
    It really is a great way to add depth without making things harder.

Totems are now cooldowns, you don't have/need to drop them all the time, you have to drop them when necessary. Some totem are pvp oriented, some other are pve oriented and some are useful in both situations so you will never use them all on 1 fight.

It is work in progress. There is going to be 4 tabs (5 for Druids and hunters) :
    1) general tab : race Passover, guild perks, mount skills
    2) elemental tab : all active and passive you have when you're specked elemental
    3) enhancement tab : same as above but for enhancement
    4) restoration tab : same as above but for restoration

This is going to be better but I still think there should be a "shaman" tab containing all the spells you have no matter your specialization so when you go in the elemental tab you only see elemental related stuff.

The game isn't getting harder, they are removing useless stuff for every spec so you only have the tools you need, this is going to clean action bars a lot !
    Talents can be a little more tricky since it gives you new tools but the way they are designed is you can't go wrong. If you don't know what the best talent is for one particular boss, that's not a problem, pick any talent you want and you'll be fine. So the risk/reward is minor.
    It really is a great way to add depth without making things harder.

Totems are now cooldowns, you don't have/need to drop them all the time, you have to drop them when necessary. Some totem are pvp oriented, some other are pve oriented and some are useful in both situations so you will never use them all on 1 fight.
    I disagree.
    Already at level 87 i'm feeling action bars being more cluttered, and i try to take the passive talents where i deem them viable.
    The amount of new abilities we get from the talents is quite frankly a little too much for when you log in the first time. I was struggling with finding room on the action bars.
    A spec like Enhancement has lost NOTHING in terms of what you have keybound. You've acually just gained more buttons and i realy dislike like. We're a spec that already have problems fitting everything in there, especially when we try to pvp.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-04-19 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    I disagree.
    Already at level 87 i'm feeling action bars being more cluttered, and i try to take the passive talents where i deem them viable.
    The amount of new abilities we get from the talents is quite frankly a little too much for when you log in the first time. I was struggling with finding room on the action bars.
    A spec like Enhancement has lost NOTHING in terms of what you have keybound. You've acually just gained more buttons and i realy dislike like. We're a spec that already have problems fitting everything in there, especially when we try to pvp.
    I can sympathise with that. I think it is a step into the right direction, taking stuff like lava burst or healing wave out of enhances' perspective, but there is still so much stuff, that keybinds and action bars will be hard pressed.

What they could do (we already had this discussion) is to make FrS the enhance shock of choice in pvp always. This would at least make room in pvp settings, where some still use earth shock for the extra crit chance.
    I think it is good though that we get many new things.

Having a big arsenal is what gives a class a strong potential. Rogues have always had that, and a outstanding rogue could solo multiple people, or single people naked, or multiple people only with a tux and herrings for weapons
    imagine that with a shaman.

Of course we'll be harder to master, but pay off will be much more rewarding.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-04-19 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    How's Enhancement doing?

The biggest thing with action bars now is all the totems we have. Obviously addons aren't working right now, but those can clean up your bars a bit.

10+ Year Old Account

Too difficult? You must be joking. Not sure why its so hard for people to adjust to totems as cds and single dropping them. If you have ever seriously pvp'd, you have had atleast a few key totems keybinded. More abilities/cds means more ways to do damage, cc, or protect yourself. It's a good thing, raises the skill cap, and gives you more tools to handle a variety of situations. Our actual rotations have not changed much and are fairly simple still.

I just saw the Blue post on that stupid thread that "Shaman suck". I can't believe that of all the posts GC could respond too, he responds to the one about some guy crying about totems. The new totem system is infinitely better then the old one, and it's really annoying seeing people complaining and asking to have to drop 4 totems all the time. Especially when they act like they are a spokesperson for all Shaman.

Spell book will probably be improved on to be easier to manage. Action bars are a bit clogged I agree, but hopefully the totem UI will come back and make it easier to manage those atleast. If not, bartender and just devote a whole action bar to totems.

yeah bartender will do ;-) ... now that's sorted i just need to buy a bigger keyboard ...

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah bartender will do ;-) ... now that's sorted i just need to buy a bigger keyboard ...
    Lol, or grow a few more fingers. I tried to do that by dipping my hands in radioactive goo every day, but so far all I've managed to do is lose my hair and a few of my teeth....

10+ Year Old Account
    Bartender + Razer Naga + Corsair k90 mechanical keyboard = KEYBIND ALL THE THINGS

Endus you play elemental, what could you possibly need all those buttons for!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Endus you play elemental, what could you possibly need all those buttons for!
    Emotes, obviously.

I got a picture of you in my mind going a little something like your avatar + /glare

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne189 View Post
    I think if Elemental Blast is affected by Maelstrom weapon, it might be a nice boost to Enhancement. Instant cast Elemental Blast, then 8 Sec's of increased stats, very nice IMO. I hope to hear more about this during beta.
    It is, and also it is affected by our lovely mastery.