---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 10:51 PM ----------
This is the problem with ret being so far behind in terms of melee tools.
Last edited by Palatinus; 2012-03-25 at 09:53 PM.
EDIT: Oh and speaking of magic dispels being nerfed, Mass Dispel is not nerfed. I see what you did there, Blizzard. I see what you did.
Last edited by Reith; 2012-03-25 at 10:10 PM.
look at your sheep.
now back at mine.
now back at your sheep.
now back at mine.
sadly it's not like mine.
but if you stopped using holy magic and switched to arcane it could be just like mine.
look down, back up.
where are you?
you're in AB.
with the sheep your sheep could be like.
what's on your spell bar?
back at me.
it's a polymorph clone combined with snare and a sprint related talent.
your class is now broken.
anything is possible when the developers smoke some crack and start fucking around.
i'm on a gryphon.
Actually Blizzard specifically went out of their way in their press release to tell people that the WoW development team was not impacted by the firing round in any way, presumably because they predicted the sheer amount of mouthbreathing hipster nerds on mmo-champion (this not referring to you, just the sheer amount of stupid that went around at the time of the announcement) and similar sites who would take this info entirely out of context and start claiming that they'd fired all the best devs and that WoW would die;
Also, Ghostcrawler was brought on board in late TBC, not late vanilla. I'm sure there's been new designers added to the team since then, as that's what, four years ago at this point? What we know for sure, though, is that the recent firing round had no effect on the WoW development team at all. Most of the cut positions were redundant CS personnel.
This is my signature. You will now remember me.
- It shouldn't (even the glyphed version) outweigh TV damage in anyway (for ret that is, holy depends on 'to be or not to be'),
- Should allow ret only to sustain a moderate amount of offensive pressure during melee downtime, something is better than nothing..
- Should be based on pure holy damage like HoW, HS, etc..
- A glyph that increases its holy damage at the expense of decreasing WoG's healing potency could be even more interesting, and lead to an exciting comeback of the fourth spec with the similar modifications applied to Holy Shock.
- It could be available to all specs and scaled off of spell power, thus making Shockadins hit hardest with it.
- Another idea is that Inquisition could actually be used for this move with a secondary effect which deals holy damage at range based on hp consumed in order to prevent clutter (if a new move is considered as clutter right now, considering one more slot is required for the level 90 ability).
- Yet another idea came to my mind right now, a glyph that entirely changes how Inq. operates: The ability now deals holy damage at range instead of increasing holy damage, thus offering an optional play style for people without making the class overpowered. With this glyph you would have more sustained potential while your burst would suffer from a 30% holy damage reduction. (for the pvping ret scrub who hates downtime that is, speaking of preferences)
In tank and spank PvE, optimal pick is the regular Inq, in PvE with lots of adds and movement, the modified Inq. In PvP, it would depend on how you like it. An option worthwhile considering imo, if the addition of such a spell would be considered to make the class more powerful than it's meant to be.
The more options for playstyle, the more subs and people attracted. Balance will always be achieved at the end of the day.
@the whining mage: umad bro?
@the previous whiner: have you seen my sig? nO.o, I want 501% movement speed, you should have studied your lesson better. Next time!