Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    free instant spell that causes 50% more healing if used on a healing spell.

if you don't understand the implications of this being now on a 1 minute cooldown, you've never played a druid or shaman.

lynx rush however: only good against one target, can be parried and dodged when it's jumping around like a cat on LSD
    You couldn't be more wrong. Lynx Rush is designed for multiple targets and works very well as an aoe boost. It also does work on single targets and is a terrific talent, especially for BM. While soloing, if you get jumped by multiple mobs, LR can definitely save your bacon. Murder of Crows is the one that is only a single target ability.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2012-09-12 at 09:59 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. Lynx Rush is designed for multiple targets and works very well as an aoe boost. It also does work on single targets and is a terrific talent, especially for BM. While soloing, if you get jumped by multiple mobs, LR can definitely save your bacon. Murder of Crows is the one that is only a single target ability.
    Why do you always write that Lynx Rush is a great AOE spell? It does the same damage in an AOE situation as in a single target situation and it doesn't work with beast Cleave.

I'm saying if you compare it with other cooldowns from other classes (dragons roar, shadow dance, nature's swiftness etc) it's relatively terrible.
    I'm sorry, but Lynx Rush is pretty damned good. It's huge burst every 1.5 minutes. It during BW pretty much melts anything. Even by itself, it does a substantial amount of damage.

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unknown soldier View Post
    Why do you always write that Lynx Rush is a great AOE spell? It does the same damage in an AOE situation as in a single target situation and it doesn't work with beast Cleave.
    Because it does a large amount of damage whether its AoE or Single target over 4 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I'm sorry, but Lynx Rush is pretty damned good. It's huge burst every 1.5 minutes. It during BW pretty much melts anything. Even by itself, it does a substantial amount of damage.
    Yes. And, at least in pve, if you know you wont be able to use it very well for a fight or something like that, there are 2 almost as good spells in the same tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    sorry i didn't make myself clear, I was responding to nuadu in the debate whether or not BW is too strong in pvp.

I'm well aware that lynx rush is good damage on a single target and decent in pve as a cooldown but my problem with the skill (and the whole tier in fact) is that it's pretty sucky for competitive pvp.

sucky for competitive pvp.
    Huh? I don't understand how a burst CD is bad for competitive PvP.

Huh? I don't understand how a burst CD is bad for competitive PvP.
    It's akin to killing spree, which while good for killing one person with nothing near him, is horrible for 3v3

It's akin to killing spree, which while good for killing one person with nothing near him, is horrible for 3v3
    I suppose that makes sense. The range on Lynx Rush is so tiny though, so the other 2 would have to be within 5 or 8 yds of the pet to be affected by Lynx Rush, and often times, when burst matters, you have people CC'd.

I suppose that makes sense. The range on Lynx Rush is so tiny though, so the other 2 would have to be within 5 or 8 yds of the pet to be affected by Lynx Rush, and often times, when burst matters, you have people CC'd.
    it's pretty hard to keep more than 1 person cced for long enough in a hunter team though

plus most teams fighting a hunter will likely play as stacked up as possible to try and eat traps.

it's pretty hard to keep more than 1 person cced for long enough in a hunter team though

plus most teams fighting a hunter will likely play as stacked up as possible to try and eat traps.
    The issue I am having with your argument is that Lynx Rush is not mandatory, and we have an extremely powerful CD to use in PvP in it's place, Blink Strike. If given the choice in PvP, LR VS BS, BS is the clear winner every time. Let raiders keep their Lynx Rush, it's perfectly fine in it's current implementation.

blink strike is great but seriously for a level 75 talent it's a glorified kill command on a 20 second cd. Would be nice if they could add a little pvp flavour, like i dunno, a short 2 second root to it or something.

blink strike is great but seriously for a level 75 talent it's a glorified kill command on a 20 second cd. Would be nice if they could add a little pvp flavour, like i dunno, a short 2 second root to it or something.
    I strongly disagree with this. What you are asking for is imbalance. Once the few bugs with Blink Strike are fixed, namely it sometimes refuses to work, it will be an extremely strong cooldown for player. The ability to instantly swap targets, taking BM's crazy CC into account, is invaluable. That combined with the short cooldown... I don't know what else you would want.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown soldier View Post
    Because it is. In aoe situations, it hits multiple targets (just like Beast Cleave does). Yes, it does the same total amount of damage, but the distribution is different and really does help out in aoe situations. The only difference between it and Beast Cleave is that it also works on single targets. Just go to TolBarad peninsula, get 4 or 5 mobs on you and then use LR. They drop like flies all around you.

You also have to realize that since I do not and never have done arenas, I'm not speaking from that perspective. I'm talking about Raiding, soloing, and Battlegrounds where Lynx Rush can be amazing.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2012-09-13 at 03:57 AM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    I strongly disagree with this. What you are asking for is imbalance. Once the few bugs with Blink Strike are fixed, namely it sometimes refuses to work, it will be an extremely strong cooldown for player. The ability to instantly swap targets, taking BM's crazy CC into account, is invaluable. That combined with the short cooldown... I don't know what else you would want.
    Hunter CC is the same as it was in cataclysm, we are just replacing a 4 second monkey blind with a 3 second stun which we will most likely need blink strike to get the pet into position for.

It's good cc but it's still not "crazy"

also blink strike, like any other spell is subject to LoS, instantly switching targets was something MM did very well because all it took was a chimera shot to the new person you were nuking and it will be same with BM but will most likely take longer since your pet has to run to the target.

The short cd doesn't make any difference, it still causes a global cd and does less damage than kill command. It's primary use in arena is to chain intimidate on the healer instantly.

Hunter CC is the same as it was in cataclysm, we are just replacing a 4 second monkey blind with a 3 second stun which we will most likely need blink strike to get the pet into position for.

It's good cc but it's still not "crazy"

also blink strike, like any other spell is subject to LoS, instantly switching targets was something MM did very well because all it took was a chimera shot to the new person you were nuking and it will be same with BM but will most likely take longer since your pet has to run to the target.

The short cd doesn't make any difference, it still causes a global cd and does less damage than kill command. It's primary use in arena is to chain intimidate on the healer instantly.
    A stun is infinitely more powerful than a Blind, especially when swapping targets. And you are forgetting Readiness, which is a huge cooldown for CCing.

It absolutely is "Crazy".

I don't understand your argument here. You say subject to LoS, and then list an ability that is just as effective by LoS as blink strike. With Blink Strike there is no travel time, combined with pets being your major source of damage... I really don't see how you don't see BS being extremely strong.

You're not taking travel time into account. The main strength of the ability is target swapping, which has always been weak for us. No player will ever "Chain Intimidate on the Healer", unless that healer is already your swap target... which makes your point invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    A stun is infinitely more powerful than a Blind, especially when swapping targets. And you are forgetting Readiness, which is a huge cooldown for CCing.

It absolutely is "Crazy".

I don't understand your argument here. You say subject to LoS, and then list an ability that is just as effective by LoS as blink strike. With Blink Strike there is no travel time, combined with pets being your major source of damage... I really don't see how you don't see BS being extremely strong.

You're not taking travel time into account. The main strength of the ability is target swapping, which has always been weak for us. No player will ever "Chain Intimidate on the Healer", unless that healer is already your swap target... which makes your point invalid.
    tell me how my cc is superior from playing as MM in cata now with BM. I would love to know.

also why would yo be using an inferior 3 second stun on a swap target? I'd rather leave that to someone else with a more reliable and longer stun.

as BM, you have Intimidation, Scatter shot, Ice trap, and a choice to take Wyvern sting or Binding shot

you have no lack of cc's, and if you think you do, you arent playing correctly then
    I see Stupid people!

tell me how my cc is superior from playing as MM in cata now with BM. I would love to know.

also why would yo be using an inferior 3 second stun on a swap target? I'd rather leave that to someone else with a more reliable and longer stun.
    Intimidation, Readiness, Silencing shot.

MM only had Readiness and Silencing shot(and still does) in Cata.

Even if you think a 3 second stun isn't that good, look MM doesn't have it, that makes BM superior in CC. Stun is always helpful, whether it's to cancel the enemy cast, stop Warrior charge or even CC someone.

MM also has no use for spirit beasts, therefore will use a pet with a cc.

so again: how is BM cc better now?

As others have pointed out, MM only had Silencing Shot and Readiness(as well as the traps and Scatter Shot). BM has all of those, plus a 3 second stun. Still better CC than MM. Not to mention, Intimidation is essentially 2 more CCs than MM has when you throw on Readiness.
    You also don't have to use a Spirit Beast. If you run with a healer, that extra heal won't be as helpful. Run a crane and get a 4 second sleep or a monkey for the 4 second blind. BM is just better.

Baseline MM CC: Scatter, Freezing Trap(both affected by Readiness)
    Baseline BM CC: Scatter, Freezing Trap, Intimidation(all 3 affected by Readiness)

I also don't get why you think BS is not great. An instant long range port that also can get over certain terrains(ledges for instance) on a 20 second CD, does great damage, etc etc. This is going to be HUGE to BM PvP. Healer about to run LoS? Too far too pewpew? Blink pet and proceed to pwn. Profit!
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-09-13 at 06:52 AM.