Deleted
    Some quick hotfixes

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Camouflage should no longer be cancelled on the hunter when an effect causes it to be cancelled on the hunter's pet. Cancelling a hunter's Camouflage should always cancel it on the pet.
    It should no longer be possible to spell reflect Narrow Escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    As others have pointed out, MM only had Silencing Shot and Readiness(as well as the traps and Scatter Shot). BM has all of those, plus a 3 second stun. Still better CC than MM. Not to mention, Intimidation is essentially 2 more CCs than MM has when you throw on Readiness.
    You also don't have to use a Spirit Beast. If you run with a healer, that extra heal won't be as helpful. Run a crane and get a 4 second sleep or a monkey for the 4 second blind. Baselinee, BM is better.

Baseline MM CC: Scatter, Freezing Trap(both affected by Readiness)
    Baseline BM CC: Scatter, Freezing Trap, Intimidation(all 3 affected by Readiness)

I also don't get why you think BS is not great. An instant long range port that also can get over certain terrains(ledges for instance) on a 20 second CD, does great damage, etc etc. This is going to be HUGE to BM PvP. Healer about to run LoS? Too far too pewpew? Blink pet and proceed to pwn. Profit!
    the heal is going to be integral to hunter arena in mop, it will be one of our strongest peeling tools with stampede up, not to mention the dispel protection it can provide for priest teams (thinking about PW:S).

I don't really see any other pet being used in arena as BM apart from spirit beasts, the heal is far too good.

Also you have to remember that a lot of pet ccs DR with what we already have. Crane sleep DRs with all stuns including intimidate, it's just a monkey in a new skin.

So in fact our chain on one target is actually the same as before, multiple target ccing is a little better.

I think blink strike is just kind of meh, it's not very imaginative though it's got it's uses. i find it incredibly buggy on certain arena maps and over BG terrains since sometimes it can blink to target but sometimes it can't, it depends on the pet's LoS to target too.

I think if blink strike created a 1 second immobilize like the pet charge does but doesn't DR anything it would be a lot more useful and also if it depended on MY LoS not the pet's.

Deleted
    Regarding a few of the points here:

I've been practicing BM PvP like crazy; I'm not a fan but don't feel I have a choice at the moment. For me Blink Strike has been the one saving grace for the pet AI, allowing me to keep my pet on its target. It a shame it's damage doesn't match that of Lynx Rush.

For me easily the buggiest most unreliable part of the pet AI has been Inimidation which often doesn't go off or consumes the CD without giving the effect. For this reason I don't see it being relied on to CC a healer unless it gets some sort of fix.

It don't reckon that BM hunters will see past exotics for the extra buff and most probably use spirit beasts for the heal or devilsaurs for the free MS. Theoretically though a basilisk cyclone (different DR again) could give impressive CC chain with Intim and the rest.

I think the difference here is between theory and practice; theoretically BM has better CC. In practice though it's not practical to use and BM will continue being played in its usual zergy style.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    the heal is going to be integral to hunter arena in mop, it will be one of our strongest peeling tools with stampede up, not to mention the dispel protection it can provide for priest teams (thinking about PW:S).

I don't really see any other pet being used in arena as BM apart from spirit beasts, the heal is far too good.

Also you have to remember that a lot of pet ccs DR with what we already have. Crane sleep DRs with all stuns including intimidate, it's just a monkey in a new skin.

So in fact our chain on one target is actually the same as before, multiple target ccing is a little better.

I think blink strike is just kind of meh, it's not very imaginative though it's got it's uses. i find it incredibly buggy on certain arena maps and over BG terrains since sometimes it can blink to target but sometimes it can't, it depends on the pet's LoS to target too.

I think if blink strike created a 1 second immobilize like the pet charge does but doesn't DR anything it would be a lot more useful and also if it depended on MY LoS not the pet's.
    You can always run 1 CC pet and 4 spirit beasts for the Stampede healing burst. I still don't think that the heal will be that integral with a healer, especially if you run with a hybrid as well. As far as DR, sleep/blind>trap>scatter>stun? That shouldn't DR. And for casters, throw in a silence. So technically, its not the same, because its now longer. :P I do agree on the Blink Strike bugginess, but I assume thats something that can be fixed.

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buachaille View Post
    Regarding a few of the points here:

I've been practicing BM PvP like crazy; I'm not a fan but don't feel I have a choice at the moment. For me Blink Strike has been the one saving grace for the pet AI, allowing me to keep my pet on its target. It a shame it's damage doesn't match that of Lynx Rush.

For me easily the buggiest most unreliable part of the pet AI has been Inimidation which often doesn't go off or consumes the CD without giving the effect. For this reason I don't see it being relied on to CC a healer unless it gets some sort of fix.

It don't reckon that BM hunters will see past exotics for the extra buff and most probably use spirit beasts for the heal or devilsaurs for the free MS. Theoretically though a basilisk cyclone (different DR again) could give impressive CC chain with Intim and the rest.

I think the difference here is between theory and practice; theoretically BM has better CC. In practice though it's not practical to use and BM will continue being played in its usual zergy style.
    Yeah, pretty much. I mean, i have been talking "theoretically" with all of this. Tbh, I'll still probably run a Spirit Beast for PvP, just because I feel the most comfortable with it and the heal is handy(especially to throw it on other people). I actually don't use Blink Strike(have yet to really try it) because I love the burst provided by Lynx(LR+BW+Rabid+Trinket is just so ridiculously good). I haven't had a lot of problems with keeping my pet on the target with the new KC and almost constant uptime on Dash.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-09-13 at 08:33 AM.

intimidate DRs with sleep/monkey stun

so it's 1.5 seconds longer cc chain on a caster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    intimidate DRs with sleep/monkey stun

so it's 1.5 seconds longer cc chain on a caster.
    This is assuming you play with others that got enough stuns.

So I went to ds today, did madness normal, and since gms said they fixed BM KC issues in that fight, ill write about my experience:
    Still shitty.
    Pet can KC tentacles just fine, problem is Corruption. He still positions himself wrongly, he takes a lot of time to switch from tentacle to Corruption, and takes an awfull time getting there (forcing me to delay my KC (since he's out of range)). If I have to manually send pet beforehand every time a Corription spawns...
    When switching platforms, pet STILL goes out on his way, going up and down on each platform, instead of jumping with me, or despawning/respawning next to me. If you do red->blue, pet will take a LONG time to get near you, delaying (in my case) almost 10 seconds my KC.
    Sometimes, on the same platform, after killing Corruption, instead of just turning back and running to the tentacle, my pet would make an detour, went outside of the platform, underwater where the Corruption was, and tried to go through the water to attack the tentacle. Couldn't KC, had to manually call him to me, for him to be on top of the platform, and only then send him to tentacle.
    THANK GOD MoP is coming in 2 weeks. Madness is the worst fight ever for a BM hunter atm (pre-patch it wasnt so bad, pet did not have this kind of pathing issues, he despawned and respawned near you whenever you jumped platforms, he would position himself all the time on top of the platform, instead of trying to swim to his target).

they said all the fights in mop don't have problems with KC, i think they just don't care about fixing it for madness as top priority right now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was pretty fine for me. A few issues with pathing, yeah, and one blowing up by parasite maybe, but overall dps was fine, a bit more than pre-patch. And man, are congealing bloods slow now...
    Old Gods made me do it.

Madness is quite OK now since the pet can actually DPS tentacles now.

My pet used to die on the last tentacle platform since we exploded the corrupting parasite near the tentacle at the same spot where my pet went if I did not manually position him. You may ask: "WHY U NO POSITION?" well... for atleast me the platform bugs with the pet position so I have to find a sweetspot where my pet agrees he can possibly go to and that takes like 30sec so...

Now with every pet having the Heart of the Phoenix ill just let him die and insta ress or pop BW if it's ready at that point(glyphed).

Had a couple of problems on Madness heroic aswell, nothing major as i run my pet on passive and manually make him target/attack what ever i want which seems to solve almost all the pathing problems i had when trying to use assist (just being lazy tbh)

The MAJOR problem i had was the last phase with the head, i could not get my pet to Attack Deathwings giant Chin for love nor money, assist didn't work, manually targeting and sending didn't work, hell manually place him all over the damn platform and telling him to attack didn't work, thank god there's a shed load of adds too attack in heroic or my pet would have been next to useless in that phase =/

All this aside though it seems all the other bugs are ironed out and BM is bloody beautiful state right now, and assuming there's no clashes in mists then its going to be a fun raiding tier.
    I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, is the only sensible way to love.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eeket/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naaw View Post
    Madness is quite OK now since the pet can actually DPS tentacles now.

My pet used to die on the last tentacle platform since we exploded the corrupting parasite near the tentacle at the same spot where my pet went if I did not manually position him. You may ask: "WHY U NO POSITION?" well... for atleast me the platform bugs with the pet position so I have to find a sweetspot where my pet agrees he can possibly go to and that takes like 30sec so...

Now with every pet having the Heart of the Phoenix ill just let him die and insta ress or pop BW if it's ready at that point(glyphed).
    you could always have activated cower for that encounter or used petfollow macro. personnaly i have bound petfollow to my ground mount and pet move to to my flying mount.

Do we have a BiS list yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ossesso View Post
    Don't know of any formal lists, but you could probably get it from:

http://beta.femaledwarf.com/

Go to public settings up top, just hit search, and pick the highest one... probably BiS or near-BiS gear there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossesso View Post
    With reforging, there really is no such thing as a BiS list....

If it is a heroic version, it is likely BiS.

In the cases where you need to decide which tier piece, if applicable, to replace with a non tier then I think most people who know their class can figure that out.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 05:38 PM ----------

http://bit.ly/T5JQV7

This should be our BiS list
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2012-09-19 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    Pets don't die on madness anymore due to aoe effects. Tried it last week, didn't even take 5% dmg from parasite exploding near to it.

Someone add to the pet flow chart that spore bats now give 5% spell haste. Had to be told that by our mage, it was rather mortifying. Literally just a passive c&p of mind quickening (spriest passive) now in sporebat spell book. Not auto cast, not something you have to worry about it casting or not, it's just always there.