Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    acutally, why should I use readyness as a sv or bm? rapid fire, meh? doubble beastial wrath would be nice, but fervor is now 100 focus for your pet and you and pets starve for focus in beta.. anyway, time will come and someone did the math =P
    Fervor isnt that useful for BM at all. BM is the least focus starved spec of the 3. Between havign 20 more focus and the insane focus regen the pet gives AND bestial Wrath adding 50% focus reduction, its pretty nice. Readiness is gonna be the go to for BM imo because of double Rapid Fire/Bestial Wrath/Lynx Rush(if you take it for burst).

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Personally, the MoC change saddened me. I think that cooldown is way too long. I thought that had it right with 1 minute CD, but thought the under 20% CD should have been 30 seconds(made sense since the duration was 30 seconds). This seems a little overboard. Looks like I might be taking Dire Beast now. But yay for Fervor change. I dunno if I'd take it though as BM due to Readiness and Bestial Wrath.
    I'm not surprised by the MoC change and much prefer the longer CD to the other route they could have taken (cutting the damage in half). Personally I like the CD at 2 minutes as trying to preserve enough focus to use it every 60 seconds was going to be challenging for non BM specs without fervor. The sub 20% CD change seems pretty pointless at 60 seconds though.

I think Fervor will be a good option in PVE now especially on encounters with a lot of movement

I'm calling it right now; Murder of Crows is the new Camouflage. An ability that looks good on paper, that no one really finds much use for in practice. At least this time it's optional.

I'm really liking how so many of our glyphs and talents are lining up to allow us to really shift our playstyles, even focus on certain aspects. Postehaste, and the glyphs of black ice and cheetah make for one fast, slippery Hunter. A BM Hunter with things like Readiness and endless wrath becomes a solo machine. Explosive trap and power shot for locational control. Fun stuff coming indeed.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

New MoC made me choose Dire Beast. Who can pool 60 focus and now a 2 min CD?! Make it under 20% no focus cost and now we're talking. Dire Beast I think cost no focus (at least none is listed) and gives back focus regardless how crappy the dmg is I'm taking it over current MoC.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post

Yaks are now in the Goat class. I just tamed a Yak. This...this..is so amazing.
    This is an outrage! Yaks are Genus bos (same as cattle and buffalo)
    Muskox on the otherhand are in fact goats....

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    New MoC made me choose Dire Beast. Who can pool 60 focus and now a 2 min CD?! Make it under 20% no focus cost and now we're talking. Dire Beast I think cost no focus (at least none is listed) and gives back focus regardless how crappy the dmg is I'm taking it over current MoC.
    I never wanted to use MoC and was hoping it would be nerfed a little, but i agree that it was nerfed way harder than it needed to be.

I still can't comprehend why they thought our attacks needed to be dodged.

We are a ranged class. Ranged classes do not have their attacks get dodged, so why should we? After all, they are trying to define us as a ranged class, which is why they removed our melee weapons.

So if we're not like other ranged classes, then why aren't we like melee classes? I don't see our dodge being as high as theirs.

We basically have the worst of both worlds. They still haven't defined our role as anything other than the red-headed stepchild class. The only feasible reason that they would force expertise on us is because they were too lazy to design gear separately for enhancement shamans and hunters. Ruining our class in PvP for the sake of gear design and to put Hunters on an equal level for stat caps in PvE is a horrible decision. We were not overpowered without our stuff being dodged.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post

We are a ranged class. Ranged classes do not have their attacks get dodged, so why should we? After all, they are trying to define us as a ranged class, which is why they removed our melee weapons.

So if we're not like other ranged classes, then why aren't we like melee classes? I don't see our dodge being as high as theirs.

We basically have the worst of both worlds. They still haven't defined our role as anything other than the red-headed stepchild class. The only feasible reason that they would force expertise on us is because they were too lazy to design gear separately for enhancement shamans and hunters. Ruining our class in PvP for the sake of gear design and to put Hunters on an equal level for stat caps in PvE is a horrible decision. We were not overpowered without our stuff being dodged.
    Its actually kinda ironic if you think about it. Casters (the much stronger kind) no need to worry about spell penetration in PvP, but then along comes us needing to worry about an extra stat and suffering even more to feral druids and rogues. The need to reforge for it, along with +hit like everyone else, suddenly screws us over when it comes to optimizing for crit in a sense.

Also, you could say their evasion is suddenly like a 20sec (if glyphed) 'cloak of shadows' to us and there's nothing we can do about it. They can still DPS, whilst all our snares and peels start being dodged.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-06-21 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted

They currently think hunters will be way OP with the minimum range removal, so they added dodge. What they did was make hunters stronger against mages and weaker againt rogues and ferals. They also helped us with pillar humping.

At the start of the expansion rogues will probably have like 15% dodge so it won't really be a big thing and Blizz will dismiss the problem. Later on with better gear rogues will probably reach 30% dodge and hunters will still have the same expertise as in day one. Then the problems will arise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Suddenly along comes us needing to worry about an extra stat and suffering even more to feral druids and rogues.
    Flare 'em, Mark 'em, and let a mage kill 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    The need to reforge for it, along with +hit like everyone else, suddenly screws us over when it comes to optimizing for crit in a sense.
    All dps specs now have the same stat tax. It's 15% Hit for magic, and 7.5% hit and 7.5% Exp for physical.
    And dodged attacks will refund the lion's share of the resource cost just like they do for melee classes. Hunters and Mages/Locks/Shadow/Elemental/Balance are not in the same category. not all ranged is ranged, there is MAGIC dps and PHYSICAL dps. Think of it like that. You can just do your physical damage from 40 yards if you wish.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-06-21 at 05:50 PM.

Hunters in MoP are gunna be awesome!

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 05:55 PM ----------

That's blizzard for you contradiction at it's finest, don't worry man haha.

Don't worry about numbers of your XXXX ability yet. This cannot be stressed enough.

I don't think they removed our melee range/weapons in order to more solidly categorize us as "ranged", I think they did it to remove what was proving to be a problematic mechanic that was only ever introduced in the first place for flavor reasons, and at this point was causing more trouble than it was worth. Your cause and effect chain is um, wrong.

And there really isn't "only [one] feasable reason" that they would introduce expertise to us. It's because all of the other physical damage classes use it as well, and because it also happens to make the gear situation a little easier. Besides, several times they've said that if it causes undue problems in pvp, they'll make changes. They've also told us they haven't seen enough level 90 pvp to really make said changes yet.

I've always kind of liked the fact that we are unique in regards to the whole ranged/melee thing. Not only are we the only physical class that attacks from range (so we're definitely NOT grouped in with the casters), but we also have, and need, our pet as part of our dps, and the pet is of course melee only. We're not all melee, and we're not all ranged, and we're not casters. So you say they've never defined us? Sure they have; We're Hunters, and you can't really compare us side by side to anyone else. Does that make us harder to balance ultimately? Undoubtedly. But I still think it's cool.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

The aggravating part is that the dodge/expertise problem in PvP is going to get worse and worse as the expansion moves along and as rogues get more dodge. They'll get back up to the 30% range eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    The aggravating part is that the dodge/expertise problem in PvP is going to get worse and worse as the expansion moves along and as rogues get more dodge. They'll get back up to the 30% range eventually.
    This is exactly what's going to happen. And when it does the only answer Blizz will have for it is, well let's not have agility give dodge anymore. Well what about PVE then? Bear tanks lose dodge because of broken shit for pvp? Well let's just have it only apply to pvp situations. Well haven't we all been down this road before saying time and time again to seperate pve and pvp talents so we don't run into these problems?

Deleted
    In PvE settings, there aren't too many DoT effects that present life or death decisions. Magics, Poisons and Diseases are either handled by the healer or by the Paladin him/herself. I'm assuming part of this is to help between Cleansing/Dispelling because of the new CD, but DoT effects only ever tick once every 2-3 sec; that means this Hand spell only reduces 2 or 3 of the DoTs ticks by 70%.
    A lot more boss abilities are actually periodic than players often realize. Many of those can’t be dispelled. Examples include Fiery Grip on Spine or Black Blood of Go'rath during the tentacle phase of Zon'ozz.

Also, a couple clarifications on previous posts:

First, Strength gives a very significant parry chance to paladins, warriors, and DKs directly (just like Agility gives dodge chance for rogues, druids, shaman, hunters, and monks). We don't want Agi to be very attractive to plate-users and Str for leather/mail dudes.
    probably we will be getting dodge from agi in mop as well.

I don't know if it was mentioned or not, but just a small change I noticed, your pet's Frenzy stacks display on your buffs now and even has a little number on Focus Fire that tells you how many stacks your pet is at as well. Makes it much easier to track. And the crows damage has in fact been almost doubled to match their cooldown. I'm see'ing them hit for around 4.9k normal and over 9k crits. But their hp levels are still horrible so in PvP they still get wrecked in 1 AoE cast by anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    probably we will be getting dodge from agi in mop as well.
    We do get it now. It's just too low. You can have about 10-12% dodge atm.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    We do get it now. It's just too low. You can have about 10-12% dodge atm.
    That's great news!
    With end game gear we'll have around 20% if we have 12% now, so we'll be close to rogues, who will probably have 30%

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    That's great news!
    With end game gear we'll have around 20% if we have 12% now, so we'll be close to rogues, who will probably have 30%
    No, you misunderstood me. We have 10-12% dodge NOW, in end-game Cata gear. Not on beta.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    acutally, why should I use readyness as a sv or bm? rapid fire, meh? doubble beastial wrath would be nice, but fervor is now 100 focus for your pet and you and pets starve for focus in beta.. anyway, time will come and someone did the math =P
    Both Readiness and Fervor are bad. I find thrill of the hunt a lot better, the amount of free shots you get is insane, especially on, aoe, like 10 multishots in a row.