Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Still, the DPS as SV is behind BM which is to be expected atm, mainly due to ES and AS just doing too little damage, as those are these are the shots that we can safely say are of great concern atm.
    And those are shots that dominate low-level bgs on live. I suspect that 90 hunters are being made to pay for the OP status of lowbie hunters in bgs. They should just give lowbie hunters completely different shots to be replaced by arcane shot and explosive shot at higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    And those are shots that dominate low-level bgs on live. I suspect that 90 hunters are being made to pay for the OP status of lowbie hunters in bgs. They should just give lowbie hunters completely different shots to be replaced by arcane shot and explosive shot at higher levels.
    Errrr... what is that supposed to mean? Why should level 90 hunters suffer due to lowbie hunters? I'm surprised you even said something like this, because such PvP shouldn't have any affect on PvE or high level PvP, unless you're just naive and/or don't know about hunters in end-game.

It doesn't make any sense, and blizzard have already done some things such as lowering the % damage bonus of abilities to other classes such as Rogues and Warriors as well, with their abilities slowly becoming more powerful as they level up.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-07-05 at 07:19 PM.

They have never balanced classes around levels lower than level cap. It'd be damn near impossible to make 10 classes (soon 11) be equal at all stages in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    They have never balanced classes around levels lower than level cap. It'd be damn near impossible to make 10 classes (soon 11) be equal at all stages in the game.
    Exactly, which is why I was surprised someone brought that into discussion, out of everything else and even comparing damage to other classes, why point the finger at low level PvP? It's like saying... oh look, lvl 19 hunters are too strong, lets automatically nerf all the raiding hunters and everyone else (logic much?)

Back on topic - I was testing AOE DPS and SV is looking not too shabby with Imp SrS making the comeback. Explosive Trap ticks for like 2.5k though, which is really poor at lvl 90, and has almost always been the way this expansion, particularly if you're not SV.

It looks like they may be resdesigning Thrill of the Hunt and switching it with Dire Beast. Semi-good news I suppose!

Why isn't this thread updated? What's the point of this thread if you're not updating the info as it's changing?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLichRunner View Post
    Why isn't this thread updated? What's the point of this thread if you're not updating the info as it's changing?

It is updated.

No new info in the last 6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLichRunner View Post
    Because there hasn't been any changes since the last patch. If I'm missing something, please let me know. But as far as I know, I have all information covered. And I don't update them with things that 'will' happen, only things that have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    when 5.0.1 come out on the live servers, will hunters be hit with the expertise stats?

when the MoP event come that is

Yes, we'll need expertise.

Deleted
    None of the current hunter tier items or random mail items have expertise on it atm. only ONE(1) item in the entier DS instances have exp on it. Random drop ring. Do they really want us to reforge AND gem to get exp cap?
    They did fix some of our PVP items to give 5% exp for pvp.
    Said it before and will say it again. Blizzard are retards for forcing exp shit on us. Just give us a 16% hit capp like casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    It looks like they may be resdesigning Thrill of the Hunt and switching it with Dire Beast. Semi-good news I suppose!
    I'm not a fan of this. While Thrill needs a buff, won't dire dominate the focus tier unless the damage is removed? And if the damage is removed, dire beast will lose it's appeal. I hope they come up with a way to buff Thrill while leaving dire as it is. I love that move. Makes me feel like a real BM (or beast tamer) hunter in the beta.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    None of the current hunter tier items or random mail items have expertise on it atm. only ONE(1) item in the entier DS instances have exp on it. Random drop ring. Do they really want us to reforge AND gem to get exp cap?
    They did fix some of our PVP items to give 5% exp for pvp.
    Said it before and will say it again. Blizzard are retards for forcing exp shit on us. Just give us a 16% hit capp like casters.
    The MoP event will come out 2 weeks before MoP. I don't think many people(or Blizzard) cares that our current gear has no expertise when its only 2 weeks from being outdated. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    I'm not a fan of this. While Thrill needs a buff, won't dire dominate the focus tier unless the damage is removed? And if the damage is removed, dire beast will lose it's appeal. I hope they come up with a way to buff Thrill while leaving dire as it is. I love that move. Makes me feel like a real BM (or beast tamer) hunter in the beta.
    I don't think. Dire Beast gives about 35 focus over 15 seconds every 30 seconds, plus damage. Fervor gives 50 focus plus 50 more focus over 10 seconds every 30 seconds. To be honest, they'd have to bump up the damage or focus from Dire Beast for it to be comparable to Fervor.

Has anyone compared the damage between double rapid fire and fervor yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Errrr... what is that supposed to mean? Why should level 90 hunters suffer due to lowbie hunters? I'm surprised you even said something like this,
    I didn't, I said the exact opposite. Or at least I meant the exact opposite, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

What I'm saying is that if they are nerfing our level 90 shots to balance lowbie pvp then they should just make arcane shot and explosive shots abilities that are learnable at a higher level, say level 55. Then they could give 1-55 hunters a different shot that is less powerful and not worry about trying to balance lowbie and 90 pvp at the same time.

They already scale shots by levels, there's no more ranks for any spell. To adjust for lower levels, they'd just need to adjust the scaling. They would never design it in such a way that they'd scale up from the first level-learnable spell, resulting in our low damage at 90. They'd scale down from level 90. In this case, they haven't made the shots powerful (in our humble opinions) - if they adjusted those numbers upwards but wanted to keep ES AS etc at the same levels at level 10, they'd just have to change the scaling downwards at those levels.

This video shows a fun fight I had this morning with 2 pallies who tried (successfully) to gank me on Mists of Pandaria beta. This one goes in the "loss" column, but the notworthy thing in my opinion is at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSiAttUiZS4

As you can see, I drew aggro from a wolf, and that's my bad - avoiding mobs is a part of world pvp. But like so many other mobs in the Valley of the Four Winds, that wolf is programmed with a feature where when he draws aggro, he calls a swarm of other mobs to attack you. These wolf mobs actually aren't the worst kind of swarming mob in Valley of the Four Winds- there are other swarming groups of mobs such as lizardmen hunters and virmen that follow unpredictable patrols. They seem to be programmed for maximum annoyance factor (with screeching voices), which is really out of place in what is otherwise a beautiful area.I call these mob groups "fun killer squads" since they will ruin countless world pvp fights and just plain traveling and gathering in Mists of Pandaria. Blizzard really needs to fix that.

To note some more hunter-related things that are positive, you can see me using some new hunter features, including:

1. Shorter cast time on revive pet, which makes it possible to cc your target and rez your pet like I do at one point.
    2. Scatter trapping seems to be more reliable now that trap launcher is a toggle.
    3. I really like Wyvern Sting for world pvp, though silencing shot is a must for arena. But being able to wyvern sting the ret and go cheetah form to kill his (non-dispellabe) wings coooldown was huge (though his holy healer should have cleansed the poison effect).
    4. You see me using the basilisk at times, whose 3 second cc (petrifying gaze) doesn't share DRs with anything else a hunter does.
    5. You see readiness resets the cd on my bestial wrath- the ret was forced to use both bubble and lay on hands with a pocket healer so we can put out a lot of pressure.
    6. My pet rezzed at full health- thank heavens that bug is fixed.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-07-08 at 10:13 PM.

Do you think any of our grumblings got noticed by GC and co on the class analysis thread? We seem to have been mostly ignored except got a few lines on stampede possibly getting its cooldown and damage reduced to become a shorter cooldown with longer duration (im going to guess itl be a 5min for arguments sake). And the only other hunterish bit i see apart from how our pet will get its exp and hit is that ToTH will get buffed or reworked with Dire Beast replacing Readiness. Duno if this means Readiness simply takes Dire Beasts position or it becomes baseline and they give us a new hunter talent for that pet tier? Rhumaba plox or somthing passive :P

When i say mostly ignored I'm meaning we presented a list of like 20+ things and only stampede seems to be getting altered a bit. Or am i just being grumpy (again)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    Do you think any of our grumblings got noticed by GC and co on the class analysis thread? We seem to have been mostly ignored except got a few lines on stampede possibly getting its cooldown and damage reduced to become a shorter cooldown with longer duration (im going to guess itl be a 5min for arguments sake). And the only other hunterish bit i see apart from how our pet will get its exp and hit is that ToTH will get buffed or reworked with Dire Beast replacing Readiness. Duno if this means Readiness simply takes Dire Beasts position or it becomes baseline and they give us a new hunter talent for that pet tier? Rhumaba plox or somthing passive :P

When i say mostly ignored I'm meaning we presented a list of like 20+ things and only stampede seems to be getting altered a bit. Or am i just being grumpy (again)?
    It would seem that way. That or we're not asking the right questions. Either way, GC isn't saying much about us.

Survival's Serpent Spread talent on beta currently bugged, doesn't always apply SrS to target after Multi-Shot, resulting in lower Improved Serpent Sting procs and therefore lower dps.
    You can see my log on 93lvl Raider's Training Dummy in Orgrimmar (7.46% hit, 7.61% exp).
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...9z/details/12/
    Multi-Shot: 77+19=96
    Improved Serpent Sting: 41+9=50
    Serpent Sting debuffs: 50

Anyone seeing same behavior? I made post on official EU forums, but don't have much faith in them.