Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    does any hunter pet in MOP offer any debuff that increase spell damage taken by 8%??

cant find any :/
    None of the new ones. Still restricted to Dragonhawks and Wind Serpents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    None of the new ones. Still restricted to Dragonhawks and Wind Serpents.
    Aren't rogues the only class that should be able to provide it?

---

As for the pvp discussion. There's a big reason for these focus regen talents, aka use them on parts where u need to be mobile and do some heavy hitting whilest not switching to fox and remaining in aspect of the hawk. Dire beast probably being the best to keep enough focus coming in whilest not spamming cs/ss.

its now +5% spell dmg taken.

Wind serp, Dragonhawk, I believe it was removed from all DK specs (Unholy). Boomkins still have it, warlocks still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    its now +5% spell dmg taken.

Wind serp, Dragonhawk, I believe it was removed from all DK specs (Unholy). Boomkins still have it, warlocks still have it.
    This sounds right. I knew locks had it still, forgot about boomkins. I think that's it though(unless it was added to someone else).

I don't understand guys why you guys say as Bm you have 15sec spammin focus consuming ability. where does this come from?

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    I don't understand guys why you guys say as Bm you have 15sec spammin focus consuming ability. where does this come from?
    10 seconds of 50% reduced focus cost, 15% chance to get 20 focus when pet attacks...throw on Fervor/TotH/Dire Beast and 25% increased focus regen from PvP set, and you can go a loooong time without using Cobra.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-08-19 at 03:06 AM.

ah ok :P Does lynx rush hit 9x in single target too? if so its dmg is better than Blink strike but blink with only 20sec can be used 4x for 1 lynx rush so wich one is better? lynx for burst and blink for sustained?

Lynx Rush is better for sustained too. It not only does a lot of damage during its duration, but because it has a decent cooldown on it, you're not wasting many globals using it over the course of a fight like you would with Blink Strike. Also, you can get massive benefits from LR because all the attacks easily happen during the time frame of cooldowns, unlike Blink Strike.
    Last edited by Frostinferno; 2012-08-19 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    ah ok :P Does lynx rush hit 9x in single target too? if so its dmg is better than Blink strike but blink with only 20sec can be used 4x for 1 lynx rush so wich one is better? lynx for burst and blink for sustained?
    It does hit 9 times on single target, which makes it great for burst. Lynx actually sims higher than Blink, which until now, didn't seem odd. But now I wonder..

Maybe you can help me out here Zeh! Lynx Rush essentially does 1800% pet damage every 1.5 minutes(9 attacks @ 200% increased pet damage), Blink Strike should do 2400% pet damage every 1.3 minutes(4x attacks at 600% increased pet damage). So why does LR sim higher? Even with LR lining up with BW, the 20% increased pet damage would only add 360% to LR's total pet damage, still less than the equivalent amount of BS's(not even taking into account the 20% inc damage on 2 BS).

---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frostinferno View Post
    Lynx Rush is better for sustained too. It not only does a lot of damage during its duration, but because it has a decent cooldown on it, you're not wasting many globals using it over the course of a fight like you would with Blink Strike. Also, you can get massive benefits from LR because all the attacks easily happen during the time frame of cooldowns, unlike Blink Strike.
    Ah, the extra GCDs, that's what I forgot to take into account. Thanks.

Appears dire beast still only lasts 15s and is doing 1/2 the damage it did yesterday (by my count anyway).

Seems to be lasting about 17s.... odd, I don't think any melee swings are triggered after 15 though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Appears dire beast still only lasts 15s and is doing 1/2 the damage it did yesterday (by my count anyway).
    When I tested it earlier today the formula did not appear to have changed and it was still getting off 8 melee swings. Are you sure you didn't do something else differently that would have affected your damage results?

Aettis, with regards to Lynx Rush, there is an additional detail I just learned about recently which will bring down the damage on it. It appears that it picks a random position every time it attacks during the Lynx Rush, rather than consistently attacking from the back (I have no idea why they thought this was a good idea). This means that we'll have to account for parries while it's active, not just for the Lynx Rush attacks themselves, but for any other pet attacks which occur during the 4 seconds while it's cast. I'm not sure how long it'll be before I have time to implement mechanics to compensate for this (I'll have to bone up on parry mechanics first), but I thought folks should be aware. Simc doesn't implement the parry issue either currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    When I tested it earlier today the formula did not appear to have changed and it was still getting off 8 melee swings. Are you sure you didn't do something else differently that would have affected your damage results?

Aettis, with regards to Lynx Rush, there is an additional detail I just learned about recently which will bring down the damage on it. It appears that it picks a random position every time it attacks during the Lynx Rush, rather than consistently attacking from the back (I have no idea why they thought this was a good idea). This means that we'll have to account for parries while it's active, not just for the Lynx Rush attacks themselves, but for any other pet attacks which occur during the 4 seconds while it's cast. I'm not sure how long it'll be before I have time to implement mechanics to compensate for this (I'll have to bone up on parry mechanics first), but I thought folks should be aware. Simc doesn't implement the parry issue either currently.
    Ahhh okay. Does Lynx Rush actually get parried though from those different positions? And also, could you lemme know how far apart are Lynx Rush/Blink Strike/Murder for BM? Quite curious!

Forgot to ask this forever ago! In your sims, are you using Focus Fire or letting Frenzy stacks sit? How big the damage difference between the two?
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-08-19 at 08:04 AM.

Just went on beta today and must say I was a touch overwhelmed by the volume of cd management with regards to BM. So much so that I found I performed better as surviva by quite a margin and I'm sure that was down to knowledge of playing respective specs. I used lynx rush/glaives and fevour for BM and DB/Glaives and aMOC for survival. Not having my raiding addons at hand did hinder me but I wondered if people are using any macros for cd line up for BM or whether there are any rotational tips for BM. I found to many times that when using BW I was pressing alot of other abilities before going to arcane shot spam. What are you guys doing with focus fire? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The pet itself is lasting 17s or so, I noticed there was less than half the cooldown remaining when it was dissapearing. But I don't think its meleeing after the 15s duration expires so your observation of 8 hits would be correct.

Yesterday my Dire beast was meleeing for 9.5-10k, today its meleeing for 4-5ish, maybe it was displaying incorrectly yesterday? I dunno.

I think Aettis assumption on the 'lasting til cancelled' could be correct, it might be an attempt to solve focus issues in pvp? and to reduce the number of wasted GCDs due to cooldown upkeep?
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-08-19 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post

Is dire beast no longer affected by attack speed? I noticed you've said that it gets 8 attacks off usually, but sometimes misses one and only does 7 - I remember testing it a few builds ago, and I reliably got 9 hits every time I used a hyena for the 10% attack speed buff, but only 8, occasionally 9, without.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    I think Aettis assumption on the 'lasting til cancelled' could be correct, it might be an attempt to solve focus issues in pvp? and to reduce the number of wasted GCDs due to cooldown upkeep?
    We will see...
    Latest on Thursday with the next Beta Build

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7174?page=3#47

Monday would have been an ideal day for this IMO. Yes I'm aware there's all kinds of legitimate reasons for doing it today. I stand by my original comment.

There will probably be another one on Monday or Tuesday as well, so JFYI.
    But 2 Pets active... C´mon guys, I´m the only one who is fucking excited about that? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rosiel View Post
    But 2 Pets active... C´mon guys, I´m the only one who is fucking excited about that? ^^
    I don't mind it, but it depends if Blizzard see the hunter class as a person who has affinity with animals, or a person who has an affinity with ONE animal (theres arguments for both- One summonable pet at a time vs. having a stable of pets/stampede).

It would work, you have your 'pet' which you have a lot of control over, you can tell it to stand in certain places and so forth, and then you have your dire beast which attacks mindlessly and cant be controlled so you're forced to 'get rid of it' when you don't want it attacking everything.

Interesting dynamic imo. No worse than locks having a bajillion imp procs.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-08-19 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosiel View Post
    There was a reliable bug few weeks ago, where you forced a permanent second pet with stampede and a kill command out of pet-hit range . Was very fun to run permanent with two pets. But it is already solved I think =(
    And for anyone with pic, or dont happen - here you go

For the sake of this thread, can we get rid of pro and cons about aspects and gcd. please discuss this anywhere else. Thought this thread is about information, and not about whine.
    Last edited by Keren; 2012-08-19 at 09:26 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Hey Aettis, in your opinion whats best to use atm in BM(pve) lvl90, MoC,Dire Beast or Lynx Rush? Was curious because they all look pretty good for that tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    Hey Aettis, in your opinion whats best to use atm in BM(pve) lvl90, MoC,Dire Beast or Lynx Rush? Was curious because they all look pretty good for that tier.
    Dire Beast isnt in the same tier as LR and AmoC