10+ Year Old Account
    damn it...i was finally free when the last air bender ended...now i have to suffer by waiting an entire week between each episode again

The more i watch it the more i love Bolin and Pabu >.<

The characters are very similar to the ones in the last airbender though ie.
    Korra= aang
    Bolin= sokka
    mako= katara
    pabu= momo
    bearwolfdogthing= appa

This prob the cutest thing ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    thats evil
    If a whole anti-bending army would come chasing me down, threatening me and my people all day, 'erry day i wouldn't give two shits about that.
    I'd see that i get my ass saved, and Korra seems to have the mindset of using this power without a second thought.
    She'd a bit twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    damn it...i was finally free when the last air bender ended...now i have to suffer by waiting an entire week between each episode again

Korra= aang
    Bolin= sokka
    mako= katara
    pabu= momo
    bearwolfdogthing= appa

There are analougues, but they are not really similar, Aang is way different than Korra.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Korra= aang
    Korra is pretty much the exact opposite of Aang, other than them both being the Avatar.

Bolin is used as comic relief sometimes, like Sokka, but he's not as smart. At least not that we know of.
    And Naga hasn't gotten very much screentime, unlike Appa (who almost felt like a real character). He's just not as likeable so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

Korra= aang
    Bolin= sokka
    mako= katara
    pabu= momo
    bearwolfdogthing= appa

Korra is very heads on and confrontational whereas Aang was all about peace. Bolin is the 3rd wheel kinda like Sokka, but they are also very different. Mako is cool, calm, and collected. Katara definitely wasn't the cool silent type. I guess I can see the comparison or Momo and Pabu, but they don't even show Naga much in LoK.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Right sorry, the person you quoted was the one who said she'd used bloodbending on her mother's killer. :3
    right sry, she bloodbended the current leader of the southern raiders thinking it was the same person who did whatever he did to Katara's mother
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Korra is pretty much the exact opposite of Aang, other than them both being the Avatar.

Bolin is used as comic relief sometimes, like Sokka, but he's not as smart. At least not that we know of.
    And Naga hasn't gotten very much screentime, unlike Appa (who almost felt like a real character). He's just not as likeable so far.
    Appa from Nightmares and Daydreams was probably the best character in the whole series
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

You know Appa felt like a real character, if you were truly sad in season 2 when you saw what he has been through.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    The honest to god reason why I think fillers were useful in the original series was because it was a huge journey with many things to see and I actually don't view them as fillers but rather things to see while going from point A to point B. I wish they would use what everyone calls fillers to show a bit more of what's around republic city and even go a bit outside of it every now and then but that's not my call and they have always done a great job with the Avatar show.
    Hey everyone

Anime = Animation, and last I checked. It's an Animated series.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Why is it called an anime, it is not made in Japan.

Its a cartoon.
    Why are you here if you have nothing usefull to report, kk ty bb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Why is it called an anime, it is not made in Japan.

Its a cartoon.
    Please post constructive,
    Comments like this aren't helping anyone.
    (It's also been said a million times in this thread).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    The honest to god reason why I think fillers were useful in the original series was because it was a huge journey with many things to see and I actually don't view them as fillers but rather things to see while going from point A to point B. I wish they would use what everyone calls fillers to show a bit more of what's around republic city and even go a bit outside of it every now and then but that's not my call and they have always done a great job with the Avatar show.
    Yea fillers do a good job of fleshing out characters more, seeing what they are like normally, as well as more of whats going on in the areas they are currently at. I actually enjoyed the "fillers" in Avatar more then some other anime where they really drag on for several episodes and more comedy then drama. I really didn't even look at them as "fillers".

Even fillers take up development time though so I'm guessing they got alot of story to get thru and busy on those and can't spend time with backstory stuff....which I don't mind as long as they keep it entertaining.
    Dictionaries define anime as "a style of animation developed in Japan", Korra and Aang's series were both created around that sort of style, therefore they are anime too
    Exactly, anime is defined by the style and not where it originated from. Avatar is most definitely defined as anime, it was even animated in south korea but if it was animated in the US and still looked the way it does now it's still anime. Saying anime is only stuff from japan is like saying rap is only rap if from new york and by black people.

This argument crops up every 5 pages and it just turns into people throwing semantics around. Most annoying thing about the genre is people trying to figure out whether or not something belongs in the genre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    This argument crops up every 5 pages and it just turns into people throwing semantics around. Most annoying thing about the genre is people trying to figure out whether or not something belongs in the genre.
    I believe I've read the exact same debate about 5 times allready, you might be right :P
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2012-05-27 at 08:45 PM. Reason: typo

Well I just took all my time this weekend and rewatched the original... somehow It always makes my eyes... wet at the finale of the series... can't wait for more Korra.
    Last edited by Ascius; 2012-05-31 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfield View Post
    Well I just took all my time this weekend and rewatched the original... somehow It always makes my eyes... wet at the finale of the series... can't wait to for more Korra.
    DUDE!!! Stop it, you're reminding me why I try not to watch the final part of Sozin's Comet... I want to cry every time during that part 4 and I try not to even watch the very end, it's just so well done. :')
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I feel the same way tbh, it really helped with characterization and getting a feel for the world they lived in. Though episodes like The Great Divide and to a lesser extent The Painted Lady I really would just categorize as filler.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    I feel the same way tbh, it really helped with characterization and getting a feel for the world they lived in. Though episodes like The Great Divide and to a lesser extent The Painted Lady I really would just categorize as filler.
    Oh no doubt but fillers were designed to show more of the people around the world.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the two extremes? :O
    Hey everyone