10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    Yeah. While I thought "Beginnings" was a high point for the franchise, really spectacular storytelling imo, I did have issues with this season. I REALLY didn't like Korra's connection to her past lives/Avatars being severed. I think I cringed when Raava was getting hit. I HOPE they have her reconnect with them. That feels like one of those elements of the series that shouldn't be tampered/done away with.

Feels icky.
    It was painful, though if you think about it, it shocked us and made us feel bad. You watch a show like Breaking Bad (master of that feeling) and it does it well, I'm kind of surprised that Korra made me feel that way. I want to go watch A:TLA again all the way through for the 4th time or something now, I love that show to death...
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    It was painful, though if you think about it, it shocked us and made us feel bad. You watch a show like Breaking Bad (master of that feeling) and it does it well, I'm kind of surprised that Korra made me feel that way. I want to go watch A:TLA again all the way through for the 4th time or something now, I love that show to death...
    Even with A:TLA's Deus Ex finale with Aang convieniently gaining access to the avatar state at the pivotal moment, just as Ozai was about to end him?

I made a funny. Hah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Even with A:TLA's Deus Ex finale with Aang convieniently gaining access to the avatar state at the pivotal moment, just as Ozai was about to end him?

I made a funny. Hah.
    There's something that tells me Iroh and Zuko would have taken Ozai on together if it came down to that.
    Hey everyone

There's something that tells me Iroh and Zuko would have taken Ozai on together if it came down to that.
    At least Zuko could have gotten a matching scar for the other side of his face!

All hail Firelord Azula, may she bring prosperity and joy to the four nations.

10+ Year Old Account

All hail Firelord Azula, may she bring prosperity and joy to the four nations.
    Zuko outmatched Azula.
    Hey everyone

Zuko outmatched Azula.
    Blue > orange fire, therefore Azula wins.
    Don't question my logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    you monster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    you monster
    Well Ely did have an Azula avatar. I think it's time I revert back to Aang *poof*.
    Hey everyone

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Kora arc as a whole feels rushed. It is decent dont get me wrong but I feel some things could use better explination as well as be drawn out a little more. Unalag and Vatu for instance could have easily carried over into season 3 and put a focous on Kora reconnecting with Rava and the past Avatars insted of Tenzin presenting her with an answer to the problem right off the bat.

I kinda feel let down with season 2 and how Mako and Bolin really kinda got down played in terms of their bending strength. Aside from that I have to say my only big thing is Kora feels a little shallow in terms of a developed character.

Also is it just me or is the story of Avatar Juan and the first benders a big contradiction to how Avatar:TLAB portrayed it being? I was under the impression that bending was taught to the first benders by the Dragons(Fire), Flying Bison(Air), Giant moles(Earth), and the moon(Water) and not giant lion turtles. or am I mistaken in how Ang explained it?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I don't even know what Ozai would have done after supposedly killing Aang. All his airships were brought down with AIRSHIP SLICE™ (including his own personal one) and he would either have to continue burning down the Earth Kingdom on his own, or haul ass all the way back to Fire Nation and prepare another fleet.
    Meanwhile the White Lotus masters have re-taken Ba Sing Se and Katara has defeated Azula leaving nobody in charge of the Fire Capital. All that leaves Ozai completely alone with nothing more than his most loyal soldiers, against the combined force of all the remaining benders/masters. He would have no choice but to go into hiding (preserving culture etc). Zuko could still return to the Fire Nation, become king and continue as normal...of course, with the looming threat of Ozai barging in at any second :P

Oh but since the Avatar would be dead, Republic City would've never happened (Zuko couldn't pull it off on his own) and then Korra would've never come along either. Wait...that's fucking awesome
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-11-18 at 10:04 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Zuko outmatched Azula.
    I wouldn't say "outmatched". Given Azula's deteriorating mental state, she wasn't as calm and calculated as she normally was.

Zuko could not take a sane Azula by himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Zuko could not take a sane Azula by himself.
    Sun Warrior bending brah, not to mention Zuko can re-direct lightning. I would say they were about even near the end of AtLA assuming both are sane/calm. It's just Zuko had to go all heroic and save Katara from the lighting strike putting himself in a really awkward stance and couldn't redirect the lighting properly.
    Actually I dunno why Katara was even there, maybe she didn't get the memo that it's a fucking BAD IDEA for a waterbender to be fighting amongst comet-powered super-saiyan firebenders :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-11-18 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    To be honest I don't even know what Ozai would have done after supposedly killing Aang. All his airships were brought down with AIRSHIP SLICE™ (including his own personal one) and he would either have to continue burning down the Earth Kingdom on his own, or haul ass all the way back to Fire Nation and prepare another fleet.
    Meanwhile the White Lotus masters have re-taken Ba Sing Se and Katara has defeated Azula leaving nobody in charge of the Fire Capital. All that leaves Ozai completely alone with nothing more than his most loyal soldiers, against the combined force of all the remaining benders/masters. He would have no choice but to go into hiding (preserving culture etc). Zuko could still return to the Fire Nation, become king and continue as normal...of course, with the looming threat of Ozai barging in at any second :P

Oh but since the Avatar would be dead, Republic City would've never happened (Zuko couldn't pull it off on his own) and then Korra would've never come along either. Wait...that's fucking awesome
    Well, assuming Ozai didn't kill Aang while he was in the Avatar State, a water bending avatar would have been born. This brings up the question of whether each avatar is predetermined to be a specific person (and Korra would be born half a century earlier) or if the avatar just is anyone being born within that nation (the next avatar wouldn't have been Korra)

Aang would have just been reborn as another random water tribe person.
    Ozai could have then pulled another air nomad genocide thing on them with his airships and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Well, assuming Ozai didn't kill Aang while he was in the Avatar State, a water bending avatar would have been born. This brings up the question of whether each avatar is predetermined to be a specific person (and Korra would be born half a century earlier) or if the avatar just is anyone being born within that nation (the next avatar wouldn't have been Korra)
    Aang would have just been reborn as another random water tribe person.
    Ozai could have then pulled another air nomad genocide thing on them with his airships and shit.
    DAMMIT I forgot it only matters if he died in the Avatar state. Basics Xuvial, basics!

I don't think Korra would've been born half a century earlier, she would need different parents altogether for that to make sense (her entire ancestry would have to be adjusted) and then she wouldn't be Korra lol. As ElyPop said just another random waterbender. Actually that still sounds good, at least it wouldn't be Korra.

Dodged a bullet ther--OH SHIT IT'S SOME SPOILED TWIT WHO'S EVEN WORSE THAN KORRA. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE NOOOOOOOO--
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-11-18 at 10:17 PM.

Just wondering if anyone else thought about this while watching the finale:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdAVRglNhxI

Why didn't they just take the North Pole portal to the spirit world since Korra already opened it, instead of going to the South Pole where they knew that Unalaq and the rest of his army was?

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchaeus View Post
    Why didn't they just take the North Pole portal to the spirit world since Korra already opened it, instead of going to the South Pole where they knew that Unalaq and the rest of his army was?
    Less guards.

Northern portal would have been guarded by the northern army while the southern portal was guarded by a smaller fraction of the army.

DAMMIT I forgot it only matters if he died in the Avatar state. Basics Xuvial, basics!

I don't think Korra would've been born half a century earlier, she would need different parents altogether for that to make sense (her entire ancestry would have to be adjusted) and then she wouldn't be Korra lol. As ElyPop said just another random waterbender. Actually that still sounds good, at least it wouldn't be Korra.

Dodged a bullet ther--OH SHIT IT'S SOME SPOILED TWIT WHO'S EVEN WORSE THAN KORRA. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE NOOOOOOOO--
    I think the next Avatar should be a child of the next Fire Lord/Earth King (which ever nation is next on the list). So then the prince/princess Avatar will grow up to be even more spoiled and entitled, so at least they can say that Korra wasn't the WORST Avatar to date.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchaeus View Post
    Because that makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Doubt it. Maybe if the whole white lotus team took Ozai on but...the only people in this entire series who could have stopped Ozai (one on one) are probably "The Avatar" (not weako child Aang), Amon, Toph if Ozai wasn't in comet mode (AKA couldn't fly) depending on location, Korra, and Asami's Dad if he was allowed to prepare for the situation by building a robot. Everyone else would get murdered.

Well. 2v1 is a little unfair, you have the only guys in A:TLA who can redirect lighting beside Aang in a firefight. I could see Iroh getting outpowered and going down and Zuko end up losing a 1v1 or showing weakness when Iroh gets hit.