The Spanish versions of Episodes 3-6 of Book 3 got leaked by Nickelodeon. I won't post spoilers here but if you want them go here: http://crystalbending.tumblr.com/pos...3-episodes-3-6

So far its looking like season 3 will be better than both season 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    The Spanish versions of Episodes 3-6 of Book 3 got leaked by Nickelodeon. I won't post spoilers here but if you want them go here: http://crystalbending.tumblr.com/pos...3-episodes-3-6

So far its looking like season 3 will be better than both season 1 and 2.
    Gah, I want to read the summary so bad, but don't want to spoil it

Do we have an ETA yet? Last I heard it was meant to be April but... Guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't watch them anyways, I think I'll wait.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Ba Sing Se!!!!!!!! Combustion Woman!!!!!!!!!! ARE THOSE AIRBENDERS?!?!?!
    Not Official Trailer-The Legend of Korra - Book Three Trailer: http://youtu.be/zHvPWPxtr14
    Last edited by Tragedia; 2014-06-10 at 05:40 PM.
    Black Lives Matter

Actual Official Book 3 Trailer

can this really be considered Anime? for that matter the smurfs are anime too.

neither is.

I find the title misleading and offensive towards actual Anime.

ZUKO! I saw Zuko. Oh my god yay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    can this really be considered Anime? for that matter the smurfs are anime too.

neither is.

I find the title misleading and offensive towards actual Anime.
    No one gives a fuck. This argument comes up every 5 pages.. it's such an irrelevant and petty point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Zuko almost looks just like Roku in his old age. Pretty much a given since that's his ancestor. So are spirits not going to be a thing this season? Koh would have been the perfect villain assuming the trailer is only showing us half the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    ZUKO! I saw Zuko. Oh my god yay.

- - - Updated - - -

No one gives a fuck. This argument comes up every 5 pages.. it's such an irrelevant and petty point.
    I care about this cartoon labeled as Anime. Also, you seem to care enough to get vulgar in order to defend it or present a weak point you might be attempting to make.

Btw, reported.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-06-12 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care about this cartoon labeled as Anime. Also, you seem to care enough to get vulgar in order to defend it or a weak point you might be attempting to make.

Btw, reported.
    It's irrelevant really. The show's art is inspired by the same style as anime so calling it such is really no big deal. Same deal with painting in an ancient style and calling it that. That's what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    It's irrelevant really. The show's art is inspired by the same style as anime so calling it such is really no big deal. Same deal with painting in an ancient style and calling it that. That's what it is.
    Being inspired by it is one thing. Calling it the same because of inspiration is another.

Regular Bob can't go and create a "new" car, copy the look, and call it Lamborghini v2.

"The insistence on referring to original American art as Japanese "anime" or "manga" robs the work of its cultural identity"
    ~John Oppliger

- - - Updated - - -

Simply put, the cartoon lacks any type of depth to interest Type A Otaku or any moe/ecchi characters or episodes to interest Type B Otaku.

It is a cartoon. The title should be changed accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being inspired by it is one thing. Calling it the same because of inspiration is another.

Regular Bob can't go and create a "new" car, copy the look, and call it Lamborghini v2.

"The insistence on referring to original American art as Japanese "anime" or "manga" robs the work of its cultural identity"
    ~John Oppliger

- - - Updated - - -

Simply put, the cartoon lacks any type of depth to interest Type A Otaku or any moe/ecchi characters or episodes to interest Type B Otaku.

You seem to be offended that Avatar is labeled as an anime here, are you perhaps the anime labeling police? Seriously... >_> Also, it's unnecessary to say "herp da derp reproted derp derp". Nobody cares. So if you're here just to discuss this thread being labeled as anime, then please leave since you're not being constructive -whatsoever-. If you have a problem with the labeling then contact a moderator instead of starting a useless baiting discussion about it.

Herp da derp, reported.

PS. HOW can you be offended by something being labeled as something that it's not according to you. You must really have nothing better to do if that's what you're concerned about.

OT: Anyone knows when season 3 will launch? Can't really wait seeing as how exciting that railer is lol.

Oh and, did I just see Bumi air bend...?

10+ Year Old Account

~John Oppliger

- - - Updated - - -

Discuss the show or go away. This argument is really pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    You seem to be offended that Avatar is labeled as an anime here, are you perhaps the anime labeling police? Seriously... >_> Also, it's unnecessary to say "herp da derp reproted derp derp". Nobody cares. So if you're here just to discuss this thread being labeled as anime, then please leave since you're not being constructive -whatsoever-. If you have a problem with the labeling then contact a moderator instead of starting a useless baiting discussion about it.

Herp da derp, reported.

PS. HOW can you be offended by something being labeled as something that it's not according to you. You must really have nothing better to do if that's what you're concerned about.

OT: Anyone knows when season 3 will launch? Can't really wait seeing as how exciting that railer is lol.

Oh and, did I just see Bumi air bend...?
    Couldn't come up with an a reasonable response to the lack of thought behind the cartoon, thus labeling it a cartoon and not an anime and you say it is not constructive?

How can it not be constructive properly label something? can it be label a soap opera? Asking to properly label a threat certainly falls under the category of constructive posting. If anything, dismissing the truth because you seem to have gotten offended and attempting to get me or any other person who understands the difference between a cartoon and actual Anime angry could actually be considered as trolling.

You ask how can I be offended. Simple. Labeling such...art as being in any kind of way as Anime degrades it and gets people who are new to Anime confused. Attempting to maintain that line is hardly not worth my time as I take Anime related topic very seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Discuss the show or go away. This argument is really pointless.
    It is not pointless.

Go to a My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic fan and call it Anime. Be ready to get pony slapped by them.
    Even they know better than this.

The only thing that would qualify as Anime related for the entire series is the movie that had collaboration from a Japanese studio.

This show, just because it has some chinese symbols, doesn't magically become Anime.

Anime is Japanese. Anime is made in Japan.
    Anime is a part Japan.

This cartoon is none of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Relevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Sorry but anime and avatars style of animation arent better or worse than each other, they are just different. What I think you take seriously is this over obsession with Japanese culture and anime in specific.

Avatar is easily one of the best animations out there, and it trumps various anime's I've watched, so the superiority complex needs to go.

Not that it matters what you watch, nor does it matter what you think of what I have to say, but if you believe that both animations even compare to each other, then you either are comparing old Anime such as Sailor Moon/Dragon Ball to the type of animation in The Legend of Korra, you have not watched any good Anime at 4k resolution, or you have seen very poor Anime choices.

Regardless, your statement is so offensive to me, that before I lose my temper and get me a forum ban I will leave. Thank you for not resorting to vulgarity to attempt to get me to understand your point of view.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-06-12 at 01:59 AM. Reason: bad engrish. too ...lets call it offended... to type before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways ignoring this pointless conversation, does anyone know when Season 3 is coming out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to look for the release date I stumbled upon this website. Apparently there have been episode leaks, so beware of any spoilers there might come.

Don't think the release date has been released yet. All we got is the trailer and leaked episodes. So if you really can't wait, I guess you could watch them with english subtitles.

Not that it matters what you watch, nor does it matter what you think of what I have to say, but if you believe that both animations even compare to each other, then you either are comparing old Anime such as Sailor Moon/Dragon Ball to the type of animation in The Legend of Korra, you have not watched any good Anime at 4k resolution, or you have seen very poor Anime choices.

Regardless, your statement is so offensive to me, that before I lose my temper and get me a forum ban I will leave. Thank you for not resorting to vulgarity to attempt to get me to understand your point of view.
    Anime is seen as one of the lowest forms of entertainment, be glad that this show is close enough to anime in order to be grouped with it. It redeems the genre a bit.
    Chronomancer Club