Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Yeah I know it was just me throwing in a funny Sokka quote :P
    Aah yes, the hilarity of Sokka. I still wonder how the writers got away with the "Private Wang Fire" title for their comic.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Because Wang Fire is the manliest man in all of the Fire nation.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    But you should have some sort of base. There's about as much there for Amon being a chi-blocker as there is to Aang still being alive.
    Theres a couple more gifs left out. It gives an explanation that Amon is chi blocking the forehead and throat chakras, causing the person to believe in lies and the illusion of separation, aka falsely believing that they've been separated from their bending.

*Sokka voice* "Boomerang! You do always come back!"
    When grown up Sokka talked about beating guys with Boomerang during that flashback. I did a fanboy squee.

I did I little jig when I heard "General Iroh" and his voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    When grown up Sokka talked about beating guys with Boomerang during that flashback. I did a fanboy squee.
    hahaha so did I. It was cool to see that even when he was older, he was still the same, lovable Sokka.

Once again MMO-champion has done my life great justice. I literally was on my way to watching the Avatar: last air bender seasons 1-3 for my 4th time this year, when I came across this thread. THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU! I just watched S4 episode 5-10, OMG I LOVE IT ALL SO MUCH! I need to find a way to watch S4 1-4 episodes, ITS SO GOOD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    Once again MMO-champion has done my life great justice. I literally was on my way to watching the Avatar: last air bender seasons 1-3 for my 4th time this year, when I came across this thread. THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU! I just watched S4 episode 5-10, OMG I LOVE IT ALL SO MUCH! I need to find a way to watch S4 1-4 episodes, ITS SO GOOD!
    Wait so you still haven't watched the first four episodes?

And wow, I thought Nick wouldn't take down episodes until a while after the first season was over.
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2012-06-19 at 06:46 AM.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    If it's not on the nick's site then may I suggest using.... other methods... *cough* google it *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    latest episode....HOLY FUCK. ZUKO IS ALIVE STILL. or his son named after his uncle. either way... HOLY FUCK!

More likely his grandson. Iroh 2.0 looks to be in his 20s and Zuko would be in his 80s by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    More likely his grandson. Iroh 2.0 looks to be in his 20s and Zuko would be in his 80s by now.
    Has to be the son of Zuko's daughter, and yes Zuko is alive, wse knew that from the beginning

Also, he has been confirmed by the creators as still alive. His daughter is currently the firelord, while he is a wandering peace ambassador.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Also, he has been confirmed by the creators as still alive. His daughter is currently the firelord, while he is a wandering peace ambassador.
    yup, I secretly hope we will seeh im, together with katara

Deleted
    Definitely his grandson; if you think about Tenzin, that's Aang's youngest child, who looks around 40 General Iroh looked a lot younger so I'd assume that it's the son of the daughter who is currently Fire Lord.

Also about Amon, in the 10th episode there were a crazy number of parallels drawn between him and Aang - through Amon's actions in the present and Aang's in the flashbacks. For example how Aang reacted to energy bending, in the court house he just resisted but couldn't overcome it yet when he used the avatar state he instantly snapped out of it completely overcoming it. Amon, on the other hand, was very affected by Tarrlok's bloodbending he merely pushed through it I believe this was willpower and not something supernatural like an Avatar State or spiritual.

This heightened willpower leads to my second point; the other obvious comparison between Aang and Amon was the way they removed bending. Aang one finger on forehead one on chest, the way the Lion Turtle taught him, on the other hand Amon puts one finger on the back of the neck and another on the forehead. Neither has the metaphorical 'pyrotechnics' of the ATLA season finale, and both are essentially instant. The fact that they seem to chi-block different chakras - I know that isn't how energybending works, I'm just simplifying for explanations sake - suggests that Amon either isn't taking away their bending and is just chi-blocking on a powerful scale or he is energybending and has just discovered a new technique. The first explanation seems more likely as it is, ultimately, a kid's show and with the very real possibility of another main character losing their bending in the finale it would provide an outlet for them to reacquire their bending. However the latter goes in hand with the willpower I suggested earlier.

We know from ATLA that energybending is a match of wills, this is why Aang has difficulty overcoming Ozai as represented with the flashy light show, but then in Republic City he takes Yakone's bending instantly. So either he got better at energybending (unlikely as he wouldn't really have an outlet to practice) or he strengthened his will (more likely as he was a lot older when he removed Yakone's), this is comparable to Amon's improvement in 'energybending' too; in episode 3 when Amon takes the crime lord's bending it was a longer process than when he takes Tarrlok's or [Protagonist who lost bending in most recent episode]'s. So again it seems he is better at removing bending than he was at first, however at first he was a lot better than Aang was. If it really is a battle of wills then what if Amon is telling the truth? What if his parents were really murdered by a bender, this would provide him a motivation and determination to remove all benders thus giving him an immense resolve and will. The fact he is better at it by episode 11 than episode 3 could be the fact that in episode 3 it was the first rally of his campaign, by episode 11 he's practically won. His willpower is probably strengthened by his near-completion. Also if the bending removal isn't permanent the poignant scene at the end of episode 11 loses it's value a lot.

Amon must have something unique with his bending removal, whether he met the Lion Turtle, learnt from Aang (he does fight like an air bender), or was just born that way is unknown and probably will be revealed with his identity. However he learnt it seems to be unteachable, why wouldn't he teach how to remove bending to the Equalists? Even if it is to set him above the others I'd imagine he would have taught the Lieutenant however it seems Amon is the only one who can do it.

TL;DR
    1. General Iroh is probably Zuko's grandson due to age difference with Tenzin - Aang's youngest son.
    2. Amon can resist blood bending and take away bending easily due to a heightened willpower (possibly vengeance after parents murdered - if true)
    3. Amon probably has a unique gift as otherwise why not teach how to remove bending to even the highest ranking in his movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this show!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    yup, I secretly hope we will seeh im, together with katara
    Nothing says "Peace ambassador" like sleeping with your dead best friends girl.

If it's not on the nick's site then may I suggest using.... other methods... *cough* google it *cough*
    its on netflix, fyi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Nothing says "Peace ambassador" like sleeping with your dead best friends girl.
    And they're both in their late 80's for christ's sake....bleeaaaaauuugh
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Ever since the episode where Amon showed his power to take away bending, I have suspected him to be Aang. As of now, it only makes more and more sense.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I'm sure he was evil until redemption.
    No character who can be redeemed can be "evil" in my book. In fact, evil is such a bad and boring word anyway.