Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Guys, they had dragons.
    Did they though? I don't really remember anyone outside of Avatar Roku using a Dragon; other Firebenders killed them to prove their strength and to gain glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    Did they though? I don't really remember anyone outside of Avatar Roku using a Dragon; other Firebenders killed them to prove their strength and to gain glory.
    That was after Sozin initially started the war. They had dragons up until then.
    Hey everyone

That was during the 100 year war.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Zuko said that the last one was "killed" by Iroh so not that long ago.

The reference I made to the Fire Nation invading the Earth Kingdom prior to attacking the Air Nomads isn't insinuiting anything, i'm just saying it would have put everybody in defensive mode. Hence why the Earth Kingdom is still going during the series

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    That doesn't explain why she was capable though. The bloodbending either blocks bending or it doesn't. He blocked her capabilities to bend water, earth, and fire with a single "application." He thought he blocked all bending ability because he was surprised that she was able to bend air. Not because she'd never done it but because it was supposed to be blocked.

For some reason the airbending found a way around.
    I don't think thats how it happened.....he blocked her current bending, and she airbended in a moment of desperation like fallen just said. I think Amon can only bend the elements you currently have...

I liked the finale, but I will say it was also disappointing......there was a huge lack of crazy combat compared to most of the other "book" finales.....amon went out like a chump, and korra used airbending in the wrong way for how I picture the element, which is more defensive then offensive, although I guess she did use it to save mako but still, I feel like she should have already mastered her spiritual side and gotten some of the actual martial arts motions down in order to airbend, not magically learn it right when she needed it the most. She doesn't really use any of the traditional styles for bending, cept mebbe fire, so I guess it's not too much of a surprise how she was using air bending.

One of my earlier guesses was that tarlokk and amon were brothers (I thought twin bros tho lol)....makes sense since he could resist the bloodbending. Was kinda hoping both tarlok and amon would stick around for the second season.....esp amon cause he was bad ass and I barely got to see him actually fight, his fighting style was awesome and with waterbending even cooler.

IS there a teaser for second season? I'm interested to see what the story will be about...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I don't think thats how it happened.....he blocked her current bending, and she airbended in a moment of desperation like fallen just said. I think Amon can only bend the elements you currently have...

I liked the finale, but I will say it was also disappointing......there was a huge lack of crazy combat compared to most of the other "book" finales.....amon went out like a chump, and korra used airbending in the wrong way for how I picture the element, which is more defensive then offensive, although I guess she did use it to save mako but still, I feel like she should have already mastered her spiritual side and gotten some of the actual martial arts motions down in order to airbend, not magically learn it right when she needed it the most. She doesn't really use any of the traditional styles for bending, cept mebbe fire, so I guess it's not too much of a surprise how she was using air bending.

One of my earlier guesses was that tarlokk and amon were brothers (I thought twin bros tho lol)....makes sense since he could resist the bloodbending. Was kinda hoping both tarlok and amon would stick around for the second season.....esp amon cause he was bad ass and I barely got to see him actually fight, his fighting style was awesome and with waterbending even cooler.

IS there a teaser for second season? I'm interested to see what the story will be about...
    I read a theory earlier in the thread about how Amon just creates the illusion that you can't bend anymore. And any illusion that you believe strongly enough in you're brain will say it is true. If that is how Amon removes bending, then even if Korra's current bending was taken, she never believed that she could airbend, albeit she had learned all the forms from Tenzin. Thus in a state of fear and desperation she throws a punch with one thing on her mind, save Mako. And IIRC defense and protection of others is the main idea behind Air Bending, that, combined with the other elements being blocked, would lead her down the only path she had left, Air Bending, even if it was unconsciously .

Deleted
    My guess is that bloodbending affected the bending ability through manipulating chakra and chi, given its highly physical and internal nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    PROTOMAN Is BANNED!!!!! What did you do Protoman, did you piss of the Fire Nation moderators?

EDIT: Oh he can't answer me.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2012-06-27 at 11:45 PM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    PROTOMAN Is BANNED!!!!! What did you do Protoman, did you piss of the Fire Nation moderators?

Guys look at the post Protoman was banned for http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post17338442

Something seems wrong there. The reason by the way is and I quote "Trolling"... Sorry but there was no trolling there. Protoman I'm sorry for you buddy. Just appeal it and you can probably get the ban taken away earlier, happened to me in the past.
    mod's actions are not to be discussed in forums, if you have a problem with a ban/infraction, PM the mod of that subforum, or an admin about it.

-snip-
    If you don't want to get infracted or warned, I'd probably edit your post.

Edit:
    I've sent a PM to the Mods of that forum as I do believe an error may have been made.
    Last edited by RedDragon4275; 2012-06-27 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    My guess is that bloodbending affected the bending ability through manipulating chakra and chi, given its highly physical and internal nature.
    But bloodbending specifically affects the water inside your body. Not your chi. Healing is what affects chi, but Amon, Tarrlok and Yakone only had super-powered bloodbending, not healing.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    But bloodbending specifically affects the water inside your body. Not your chi. Healing is what affects chi, but Amon, Tarrlok and Yakone only had super-powered bloodbending, not healing.
    the chakra at the top of your head, IIRC, is related to observation, and illusion, using chiblocker training to manipulate the chakras and you can create the illusion that you cannot bend anymore, thus leading to you not being able to bend.

Deleted

Guys look at the post Protoman was banned for http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post17338442

Something seems wrong there. The reason by the way is and I quote "Trolling"... Sorry but there was no trolling there. Protoman I'm sorry for you buddy. Just appeal it and you can probably get the ban taken away earlier, happened to me in the past.
    As Ridesdel put it very efficiently and RedDragon reiterated, mod actions should not be discussed publicly. If you feel a mod was mistaken in the action they might have taken, feel free to PM that mod or Sunshine with any queries you might have. Posting about it in unrelated threads is not the right approach and just leads to derailing.

Please, keep posts on-topic and settle moderation issues privately with the mod team in question or the admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    the chakra at the top of your head, IIRC, is related to observation, and illusion, using chiblocker training to manipulate the chakras and you can create the illusion that you cannot bend anymore, thus leading to you not being able to bend.
    yeah, that's the light chakra, also known as the Ajna chakra or the third eye chakra in real life. However, the problem is still how the hell Amon is manipulating the chakras in this way. If its just chiblocker training, shouldn't all of the equalist ninjas have been capable of debending people?
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    As Ridesdel put it very efficiently and RedDragon reiterated, mod actions should not be discussed publicly. If you feel a mod was mistaken in the action they might have taken, feel free to PM that mod or Sunshine with any queries you might have. Posting about it in unrelated threads is not the right approach and just leads to derailing.

Please, keep posts on-topic and settle moderation issues privately with the mod team in question or the admins.
    I tried to edit it out so that the second part wouldn't show. I stated in the original post thread that I forgot that's how everything goes. I haven't been involved much with appealing stuff like that. Deeply sorry.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, that's the light chakra, also known as the Ajna chakra or the third eye chakra in real life. However, the problem is still how the hell Amon is manipulating the chakras in this way. If its just chiblocker training, shouldn't all of the equalist ninjas have been capable of debending people?
    What if it is only extremely highly trained, as in the pinnacle of mastery of the training, combined with his bloodbending? If it was that case, just because he is rather unique in having those combined skills, it would make it so that it is rather unlikely that someone else would discover the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    What if it is only extremely highly trained, as in the pinnacle of mastery of the training, combined with his bloodbending? If it was that case, just because he is rather unique in having those combined skills, it would make it so that it is rather unlikely that someone else would discover the skill.
    That's a nice idea, but do we even know whether Amon can chi-block? He's got himself a nice portion of agility, but I don't recall him ever using a chi-blocking move.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a nice idea, but do we even know whether Amon can chi-block? He's got himself a nice portion of agility, but I don't recall him ever using a chi-blocking move.
    Do we know why/how he got the Chi blockers to follow him? I kinda felt that he was the main trainer of the Chi-Blockers. Again, this is just an assumption I made.
    I also feel that the whole Bend-Block will be expanded on over the next couple of seasons.
    Last edited by Ridesdel; 2012-06-28 at 12:34 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Chi Blockers do "debend" people. Temporarily. Remember after Korra and Mako's first encounter with them after trying to save Bolin when he joined up with the Triple-Threat Triad to raise money for the Pro-Bending Tournament? Korra and Mako got hit by Chi-Blockers and their limbs went limp. After they regained use of their limbs, though, they still weren't able to bend, with Mako saying, "It'll wear off."

If Chi-Blocking works through pressure points (it does; the Kyoshi Warriors and Ty Lee both confirm how the technique works in Book 2 and 3 of Last Airbender), then it stands to reason that Amon could control someone's blood to force it to shred those pressure points permanently.

As for unanswered questions, there are some. As for predictions, here's what I got:

1) Korra JUST learned how to Airbend. She still needs to Master it, so I don't think her time in Republic City is over and done with.
    2) With Sato (assumedly) in prison, does Asami take over Future Industries?
    3) How does Asami react to Korra and Dickwad professing their love for one another? Do they make it public, or is Mako going to be even more of a jerkface and hide it from her for a bit? If he does, will Asami essentially follow in her father's footsteps?
    4) Was Katara right about Rohan being an airbender? He COULD be a waterbender, after all, as Tenzin is half-air nomad and half-southern water tribe.
    5) How will Katara quell the Equalist Movement? Amon is gone and he's been exposed as a fraud, but I doubt his ideas are gone from people's heads. If anything, I bet the masses will use the fact that a BENDER manipulated them as more fuel for the fires.
    6) Who will be the new Northern Water Tribe representative for Republic City with Tarlocke dead?
    7) As far as we know, the Chi-Blocking technique belonged exclusively to Ty Lee and the Kyoshi Warriors. How did Amon get the technique from them?

Though to be completely honest, I wouldn't be too upset if they fast-forward the "Legend" a few years after Korra has mastered Airbending. I'd like to see more of the Post-Industrial Revolutionary Avatar World!