10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    It would be stupid if going into this book she was just all "I'm a wise all knowing avatar now" all because she managed to beat Amon.
    In the first bunch of episodes of S2 most people agree she got less mature. People weren't expecting her to turn into a wise all-knowing Avatar (avatars are human and humans can be very dumb/stupid, i.e. Korra)...but at least starting to listen to her elders, showing some humility and toning-down her bitchy attitude would have been a great freaking start?

I'll be honest, LoK is the first time I've seen a character arc for the protagonist go backwards rofl.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-10-20 at 07:03 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

She didn't really "beat" Amon...She healed his burned face and made his brother kill them both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Wow. Well spotted. What episode was this?
    Book two ep 7, Zuko Alone.

Iono... victory by your face paint not being water-proof is a pretty good victory...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Was Korra really about to kill herself at the end of season 1? It's hard to tell if Nick would hint at something that dark in a cartoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Was Korra really about to kill herself at the end of season 1? It's hard to tell if Nick would hint at something that dark in a cartoon.
    They didn't hint at it with Tarlok and Noatok.
    Hey everyone

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entitus View Post

Just found this while rewatching book 2, looks a lot like the ending of the last Korra episode.

These last two episodes really give a lot of insight, they even give the ATLA episodes an extra dimension now we know so much more

At first, I thought against your claim. But I do see the major similarities now as well. Nice find.

Also, can we all just agree that the last two episodes (The Beginnings) were probably the best episodes of Book 2, and that from hereon out, expectations for better episodes would be at an all-time high?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Also, can we all just agree that the last two episodes (The Beginnings) were probably the best episodes of Book 2, and that from hereon out, expectations for better episodes would be at an all-time high?
    It might be a bit tricky because it would involve focusing as little as possible on the actual protagonists and mostly on backstories/side-characters. That's kinda why the latest episodes have been so good.

"About to", maybe, that's left up to the watchers to decide. But obviously she couldn't have died, she's the main character. Instead the villains committed suicide
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-10-21 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive my vague memory, but when did Korra hint to killing herself at the end of S1? o.O I don't seem to recall that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    They didn't hint at it with Tarlok and Noatok.
    television logic states suicide is ok is the viewer doesn't like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Forgive my vague memory, but when did Korra hint to killing herself at the end of S1? o.O I don't seem to recall that.
    Right after she lost her bending and Katara couldn't fix it. She ran off to a cliff and the camera looked down towards the bottom. Before she was visited by spirit Aang so I guess we'll never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, I kinda remember now.

10+ Year Old Account
    television logic states suicide is ok is the viewer doesn't like you.
    I liked both of them, they were amazing characters.
    Hey everyone

What are those wheel things, though?
    Earth Kingdom projectile things. See the episode where that general tries to get Aang to enter the avatar state to weaponise it against the Fire Nation, same sorta thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit better screenie. ANd yeah, I went and took a look at the episode. I guess it's supposed to be the same area. What are those wheel things, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Earth Kingdom projectile things. See the episode where that general tries to get Aang to enter the avatar state to weaponise it against the Fire Nation, same sorta thing.
    Made me dig up the episode and take a screenshot since I couldn't find one anywhere :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I could have told any of you that it was Earth Kingdom weaponry, don't tell me you guys didn't know that?
    Hey everyone

It's funny how the best episode so far from The Legend of Korra is the one that has nothing to do with Korra.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I could have told any of you that it was Earth Kingdom weaponry, don't tell me you guys didn't know that?
    Not just weaponry, it's the Earth Kingdom symbol. This raises the question...did the Earth Kingdom exist in Wan's time?
    BfA Beta Time

man that episode was amazing. i think they told more story in those 2 episodes then they have in all of korra, that was one of the best episodes ive ever seen of a show in a longtime and possibly one of if not the best episode of the avatar series.

they should turn that into a series, seriously that was amazing.

also the lemur guy said there were like 12 turtles, does that mean that there is actually 12 elements?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    The Four Nations were probably created shortly after the Lion Turtles stopped giving humans the ability to bend the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    man that episode was amazing. i think they told more story in those 2 episodes then they have in all of korra, that was one of the best episodes ive ever seen of a show in a longtime and possibly one of if not the best episode of the avatar series.

they should turn that into a series, seriously that was amazing.

also the lemur guy said there were like 12 turtles, does that mean that there is actually 12 elements?
    My only real gripe with it is how rushed it does feel, since Wan only has like forty minutes for his whole journey. Especially when you see Rava join his side so easily. But still, I want to see more of Wan, even if it means canning Korra.

As for the turtles, it could mean anything at this point.

Though, more than likly, it's just a number, each turtle varying in what element they give. Since I doubt the entire human race could fit on just four cities. They were probably located closer to what eventually became the four nations. Or, who knows. Maybe there was a lightning lionturtle, or an ice one. Makes me think about a Blood lionturtle... be something out of a hellish nightmare...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.