Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Personally I think if one can take away bending One can also give it back.
    If its the way Aang did it, no I do not think so, its permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    If its the way Aang did it, no I do not think so, its permanent.
    The Lion Turtle gave Aang the ability to bend, so I'm sure Aang could give back bending he took away if he so choose.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    The Lion Turtle gave Aang the ability to bend, so I'm sure Aang could give back bending he took away if he so choose.
    Suppose, but there is no source that states he can or cannot, so w/e doesnt realy matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    It's not impossible, but it certainly seems unlikely that this power is based on energy-bending. My guess, coupled with the images from the preview is that Amon is another gifted bloodbender, resisting it in the same manner as Katara.
    Bingo, this is what I'm seeing anyway.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    The comics are not out yet, how can you know this...?
    Avatar wikia, they say Katara calms Aang down because he can't control himself in an 'altered emotional state'.

Deleted
    *throws his money at nic* GIEVE DVD!!!! GIIIIEEEVE!!!!

i just watched this fightscenes and loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Rashanda View Post
    If I remember correctly, when Aang met with the Guru and was teaching Aang about the different pathways, I found a few links on tumblr of them. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...ccsjo1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...ccsjo2_250.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...ccsjo3_250.gif

So if anything, I think somehow they'll be able to return the bending back to some of the others. If they can find a way or if Korra can become more spiritual.
    Holy shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Holy shit.
    Yeah, when Amon was revealed and he took away someone's bending, people immediately connected that to chakras, energybending, and a whole bunch of other theories. In my opinion, the chakra one makes sense, for if I could control the chakra of another person, then his chi and energy would probably he enlightened enough to overcome bloodbending. If you think about it, we were told that the avatar state is directly linked to the chakras, and opening them allowed an avatar to control his avatar state. I'd imagine something similar would happen if Amon were to open his chakras.

****SPOILER ALERT****
    In the flashbacks, Aang's avatar state quickly overtook Yakone's bloodbending, I mean Aang did not stutter or falter, it was glowing eyes, bam bam, bending gone. Amon obviously is not the avatar so he was slowed and affected by the bloodbending, but still overcame it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that the avatar state gave aang an immunity to bloodbending exactly, it just gave him enough skill and power in bending that he could airbend while being controlled by yakone, this burst of air broke yakone's concentration and his hold on aang long enough for aang to gain the upper hand.

now how amon does this, i have no clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    I got a feeling that Katara will have a total badass appereance in the Korra series ... maybe not in the finale die weekend, but maybe at the end of the 2nd Season ... She just has to appear and make some fancy stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know... Lin Beifong has earned my respect. That's what a hero does.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Definitely. She knew there was a nearly 100% chance that she would be captured and have her bending taken, yet she went ahead and did what she did to protect others.
    Last edited by Catharlex; 2012-06-18 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Made me a sad panda what happened though =(

1) I thought LoK would be "meh". I was wrong. So damn wrong. And im so damn happy i was wrong

2) Assuming Amon is of same-ish age as Tanzin (or younger), it means he would have been a baby during Aang times (seeing how Katara is old-old), so i dont think he's someone we actually know (unless retcon)

3) General Iroh... Are we talking Zuko's son? Color me intrigued!

4) Lin Beifong...

*removes hat*

I salute you
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    1) I thought LoK would be "meh". I was wrong. So damn wrong. And im so damn happy i was wrong

2) Assuming Amon is of same-ish age as Tanzin (or younger), it means he would have been a baby during Aang times (seeing how Katara is old-old), so i dont think he's someone we actually know (unless retcon)

3) General Iroh... Are we talking Zuko's son? Color me intrigued!

4) Lin Beifong...

*removes hat*

I salute you
    More than likely he would be a grandson. He doesn't look old enough to be a son.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    More than likely he would be a grandson. He doesn't look old enough to be a son.
    True i guess, if we consider that Zuko is same age or older than Katara.
    His voice though... sounded a bit weird. As if he was evil or something :/
    We dream, we dream.

It's the exact same voice as Zuko. How is that evil? All Zuko did was chase a twelve year old around the world, burn down several villages, infiltrate the north pole and betray Ba Sing Sei.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    It's the exact same voice as Zuko. How is that evil? All Zuko did was chase a twelve year old around the world, burn down several villages, infiltrate the north pole and betray Ba Sing Sei.
    I'm sure he was evil until redemption.

It's the exact same voice as Zuko. Plain and simple, the same voice actor who did Zuko's voice is voicing General Iroh in the same manner. It's more a "fan service" than anything else (making him instantly recognizable).