Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Look at my previous post since that seems to answer your second paragraph.

As for the first paragraph, thank you for proving my point. She didn't gain the ability to energy bend, she can just do it with the Avatar state since like I said before but I'll say it again; YOU GAIN ALL OF THE PREVIOUS AVATARS ABILITIES. Which pretty much solidifies that she can all of a sudden use the Avatar state on command.
    ...no. You don't "gain them all". Nor is there any indication that she is IN the avatar mode when she bends Lin. Glowing eyes don't make an avatar state. Again, refer to the finale of TLA. Aang energy bends and his ENTIRE BODY turns blue while not being in the avatar mode. It's very clearly set-out that he is NOT acting in the avatar state, as the avatar state was about to kill him.

You can teach ANY bender to energy bend by bending them. This doesn't make them the avatar, nor allow them to use the avatar state. It's just a fairly secret and dangerous ability, as well as a forgotten one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    She was sad before that man, learn to read or get points properly.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 08:37 PM ----------

Aang gave her the wisdom to get into it, doesnt mean she mastered it.
    Yeah, I get that she was sad before that. I get the point, I really do. But why the fuck would she still be sad and depressed causing her to trigger the Avatar state when she was just told that she will never lose her bending to being the Avatar thus regaining all of it. Please tell me what's so sad and depressing about that news that would trigger something so radical as the Avatar state.

Being able to have the wisdom to trigger the Avatar state one command = mastering it.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithadin View Post
    I don't know if anyone said this already (probably did) but, is there any proof of Amon being really dead? I mean if he is a water bender and he is able to sence water. So what if he senced his brother trying to kill him? He couldve jumped off the boat and then kill his brother by letting him kill himself. You only see a distance shot of the explosion so......
    Who knows.....
    Tear off face, BOOM, no way he got away man :P I'm sorry man, I really liked their characters, too bad they died.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 08:42 PM ----------

Yeah, I get that she was sad before that. I get the point, I really do. But why the fuck would she still be sad and depressed causing her to trigger the Avatar state when she was just told that she will never lose her bending to being the Avatar thus regaining all of it. Please tell me what's so sad and depressing about that news that would trigger something so radical as the Avatar state.

Being able to have the wisdom to trigger the Avatar state one command = mastering it.
    No its not, so when someome tells you how to free run proper, you are instantly boss at it and can run on any roof and wall? No you cannot.
    As for that, I'm gonna compare again :< your friend dies, you are sad, some good news comes in, you forget everything you just went through?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    ...no. You don't "gain them all". Nor is there any indication that she is IN the avatar mode when she bends Lin. Glowing eyes don't make an avatar state. Again, refer to the finale of TLA. Aang energy bends and his ENTIRE BODY turns blue while not being in the avatar mode. It's very clearly set-out that he is NOT acting in the avatar state, as the avatar state was about to kill him.

You can teach ANY bender to energy bend by bending them. This doesn't make them the avatar, nor allow them to use the avatar state. It's just a fairly secret and dangerous ability, as well as a forgotten one.
    So you didn't realize that him and Ozai glowing was supposed to be imagery displaying what the Lionturtle meant about "toughing out poison" and all that jazz, ok, sorry about it.

He didn't teach her how to energy bend...

Edit: I'm done with you guys, just gonna stick to the golden rule of having discussions with idiots.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

So you didn't realize that him and Ozai glowing was supposed to be imagery displaying what the Lionturtle meant about "toughing out poison" and all that jazz, ok, sorry about it.

He didn't teach her how to energy bend...
    You know that it's implied that Sokka saw it, right? He talks about it, as does Suki.

And yes, he did. Rewatch the part where he touches her forehead and the energy bending glow comes from the hand on her head and (if i'm remembering right) her chest.

Deleted
    One thing is certain though: Uncle Bumi is totally crazy, to the point where he has to be entertained by Tenzin in order to be kept in check.

She was sad? She just regained all of her bending, you'd think she'd be ecstatic.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 06:36 PM ----------

Look at my previous post since that seems to answer your second paragraph.

As for the first paragraph, thank you for proving my point. She didn't gain the ability to energy bend, she can just do it with the Avatar state since like I said before but I'll say it again; YOU GAIN ALL OF THE PREVIOUS AVATARS ABILITIES. Which pretty much solidifies that she can all of a sudden use the Avatar state on command.
    To be honest, Aang never energy bended outside the Avatar state either. Every single time it has showed Aang Energy Bend, he was in the Avatar State. Either way you look at it, she's learned how to do it. Whether she's going off past avatar experience or she actually knows the basics behind it herself. She can still do it so she does know how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    One thing is certain though: Uncle Bumi is totally crazy, to the point where he has to be entertained by Tenzin in order to be kept in check.
    It was bloody hilarious hahahahah
    And for mad boy Amigo, cya around !

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    To be honest, Aang never energy bended outside the Avatar state either. Every single time it has showed Aang Energy Bend, he was in the Avatar State. Either way you look at it, she's learned how to do it. Whether she's going off past avatar experience or she actually knows the basics behind it herself. She can still do it so she does know how.
    whoa that was big

http://i49.tinypic.com/2u7vvk9.jpg

no glow. though it's the only non-glow of all energy bending, so it might be something that was overlooked.

Glowing Eyes are what shows that an Avatar is in the Avatar state... In Aangs case, it was also his Arrows. Korra doesn't have any other defining features so only her eyes glow blue while she is in the Avatar State.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 02:57 PM ----------

whoa that was big

http://i49.tinypic.com/2u7vvk9.jpg

no glow. though it's the only non-glow of all energy bending, so it might be something that was overlooked.
    I suppose you're right. I didn't remember Aang exiting the Avatar State after encasing Yakone in Stone, but I suppose he did.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.

Glowing Eyes are what shows that an Avatar is in the Avatar state... In Aangs case, it was also his Arrows. Korra doesn't have any other defining features so only her eyes glow blue while she is in the Avatar State.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 02:57 PM ----------

I suppose you're right. I didn't remember Aang exiting the Avatar State after encasing Yakone in Stone, but I suppose he did.
    It's one of the signs, but the other is (in someone that hasn't mastered it) a reason to be in it.

Glowing is also something that energy bending does. The lion turtle glowed when he energy bent aang to teach him how. His was green, suggesting that the color of your spirit (if there's such a thing) influences the color of the glow. In the avatar's case, this would always seem to push them into the avatar state when it's just as likely to be a result of energy bending only.

He left the state after encasing him in rock, iirc.

It's one of the signs, but the other is (in someone that hasn't mastered it) a reason to be in it.

Glowing is also something that energy bending does. The lion turtle glowed when he energy bent aang to teach him how. His was green, suggesting that the color of your spirit (if there's such a thing) influences the color of the glow. In the avatar's case, this would always seem to push them into the avatar state when it's just as likely to be a result of energy bending only.

He left the state after encasing him in rock, iirc.
    As for the "Glow that Energy Bending does," you could be referred to your own screenshot you posted. :P There's no glow as you said. Not to mention when Korra Energy Bent Lin, there was no glow except for that of the Avatar State. You can't say it was caused by the Energy Bending because then Lin would have been glowing as well... Just as Ozai had when Aang took his bending away.

As for the "Glow that Energy Bending does," you could be referred to your own screenshot you posted. :P There's no glow as you said. Not to mention when Korra Energy Bent Lin, there was no glow except for that of the Avatar State. You can't say it was caused by the Energy Bending because then Lin would have been glowing as well... Just as Ozai had when Aang took his bending away.
    That's why I said that might be something that was overlooked, as it's the only case. In other cases when he bent, he did glow (including when he bent to give korra energy bending/ unblock her bending).

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...kmgho2_500.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...mftno1_500.jpg
    http://images.wikia.com/avatar/image...ion_Turtle.png

In all cases of energy bending you can clearly see that the eyes glow and the person being bent ALSO glows, though not at the eyes. It's on the hands of the one doing it.

That's what makes the first picture an anomaly - he's energy bending, yet the hands/ eyes are unaffected.

The glow for aang/ ozai is strange, and possibly due only to the massive conflict. It doesn't fit with what we know of energy bending, but characters within reference it so it had to have taken place, at least partially, where everyone could see it.

That's why I said that might be something that was overlooked, as it's the only case. In other cases when he bent, he did glow (including when he bent to give korra energy bending/ unblock her bending).

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...kmgho2_500.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...mftno1_500.jpg
    http://images.wikia.com/avatar/image...ion_Turtle.png

In all cases of energy bending you can clearly see that the eyes glow and the person being bent ALSO glows, though not at the eyes. It's on the hands of the one doing it.

That's what makes the first picture an anomaly - he's energy bending, yet the hands/ eyes are unaffected.

The glow for aang/ ozai is strange, and possibly due only to the massive conflict. It doesn't fit with what we know of energy bending, but characters within reference it so it had to have taken place, at least partially, where everyone could see it.
    For the screenshot of Korra from that angle, it does look like her hands are glowing. However it's not actually her hands that are glowing. It's the points on Lin where Korra is touching that are glowing. I can't find a screenshot of it, but if you watch the last episode again here: http://anilinkz.com/avatar-the-legen...de-11-12-final you can go to 45:08 and see what I mean. Aangs hands are glowing in the Screenshot, but only where his Tattoo's are which is normal for the Avatar State. As for the much larger glow, you can actually see they're coming from the points on Korra where Aangs thumbs are touching. You can particularly see it well on the hand on her Chest.

For the screenshot of Korra from that angle, it does look like her hands are glowing. However it's not actually her hands that are glowing. It's the points on Lin where Korra is touching that are glowing. I can't find a screenshot of it, but if you watch the last episode again here: http://anilinkz.com/avatar-the-legen...de-11-12-final you can go to 45:08 and see what I mean. Aangs hands are glowing in the Screenshot, but only where his Tattoo's are which is normal for the Avatar State. As for the much larger glow, you can actually see they're coming from the points on Korra where Aangs thumbs are touching. You can particularly see it well on the hand on her Chest.
    Yeah, where I said on the hands I meant at the hands. >.> I speak gud.

But you can sort of tell from the lion-turtle picture that his eyes are glowing as well. Either that or his elbows glow or something - there's another glow from where his face would be that's mostly covered by his claws. It all seems to point toward glowing eyes simply happening with energy bending, with another glow on the person that's being bent, more than controlled avatar state.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I would assume though that the writers would imply that when glowing eyes are happening that it's Avatar state. I don't think they were thinking this in depth for it. Lol. XD

I'm not sure if Korra would be able to control the Avatar State though. Aang had to go through A LOT to be able to do so, but I'm not sure if he went about it the right way either. I don't think all the past Avatars had to drink Banana Onion juice and talk to a Guru to be able to control their Avatar State. :P It's really confusing, but it was intended to be rushed so who knows what they were thinking when they wrote it up.

I think anything I can think of by remembering only when she energy bent and glowed they've thought of xD Considering all the shit that goes into making it I think every glow is very carefully put in.

I don't think every avatar has to go through what Aang did, but there's probably a great deal of spiritual matters you'd have to deal with before you're able to master it. Control of your emotions/ self would probably be step one, which Korra lacks so very much.

I can agree that it's weird how Korra uses airbending as firebending punches. I also agree that it's weird how she could suddenly "Energybend" from just touching Aang.
    Playing since 2007.

Maybe we'll find out with Book 2? :P

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I can agree that it's weird how Korra uses airbending as firebending punches. I also agree that it's weird how she could suddenly "Energybend" from just touching Aang.
    It's not just from touching Aang. Part of Energy Bending is being able to give people the ability to do so. You can give other people normal bending (Even though Energy Bending was the first bending, so wouldn't it really be the "normal bending?" :P) so why not Energy Bending?

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Energy bending can be used to transfer knowledge, which makes it make more sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61UH-AU9G3g

2 minutes in, he air bends using traditional kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKmluL9VRAs

1:50ish in he hits with his bo-staff in an aggressive way, no circular motions. That actually might be the reason why you don't see so many "punches", in fact - most "punch" type bending he does is with his staff, not his body. Anything requiring a lot of distance/ strength he uses hands and feet, but for short, low-distance "punches" of air he tends to use his staff. Korra doesn't have a staff, nor is she trained in the "evade and move" style of air bending.