10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what the problem is, the episode was good and made progression. We can't judge this entire thing off of 3 episodes, we have many more to go.

Outside of the love triangle in Book 1 the only thing people really complained about were the plot holes and that was it. Many people liked it outside of the rushed feeling.
    Hey everyone

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I don't see what the problem is, the episode was good and made progression. We can't judge this entire thing off of 3 episodes, we have many more to go.

Outside of the love triangle in Book 1 the only thing people really complained about were the plot holes and that was it. Many people liked it outside of the rushed feeling.
    There isn't really a problem. I mean, for all the complaining so far we all apparently still like the show enough to keep watching. It's just fun to complain about stuff on the internet.

I think a lot of people had issues with how Korra acted throughout the Book, just that she made a few too many mistakes and not really learning anything from it. Though, I was pretty much fine with it myself, as there weren't enough episodes to allow a great deal of change to be shown well enough. Besides the romantic stuff, I had no problem with her.

THe problem here though is that it's just more of the same with her. Now, she still shows little development beyond being even more cocky about her role as the Avatar. Sure, we don't need to see more of Aang's deal which was the fact that he really couldn't handle the burden that he had (which seems to be carrying over to LoK as his family's sub-plot) but there should still be natural reactions to some situations.

They at least explored it a bit in the first Book, with it being said how her being the Avatar didn't mean much. Like with Lin laying into her, it was harsh but she had a point. Or when Tarlokk calls her a half-baked Avatar, still pretty much true.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    I think a lot of people had issues with how Korra acted throughout the Book, just that she made a few too many mistakes and not really learning anything from it. Though, I was pretty much fine with it myself, as there weren't enough episodes to allow a great deal of change to be shown well enough. Besides the romantic stuff, I had no problem with her.

THe problem here though is that it's just more of the same with her. Now, she still shows little development beyond being even more cocky about her role as the Avatar. Sure, we don't need to see more of Aang's deal which was the fact that he really couldn't handle the burden that he had (which seems to be carrying over to LoK as his family's sub-plot) but there should still be natural reactions to some situations.

They at least explored it a bit in the first Book, with it being said how her being the Avatar didn't mean much. Like with Lin laying into her, it was harsh but she had a point. Or when Tarlokk calls her a half-baked Avatar, still pretty much true.
    To be fair, you have to think for a second, each Book in A:TLA was 24 episodes-ish long. Book 2 is really like a Book 1 and a half, she only had 12 episodes in Book 1 there are a lot more to come. The show is still an infant.
    Hey everyone

To be fair, you have to think for a second, each Book in A:TLA was 24 episodes-ish long. Book 2 is really like a Book 1 and a half, she only had 12 episodes in Book 1 there are a lot more to come. The show is still an infant.
    Sure, while I'm certain they'll likely improve on Korra a bit as time goes on, she still doesn't show that she's learned anything from the last book, despite being given several times to show it. And you can't deny that the beginning of a story is still crucial to help plant the seeds as to who the characters are. They've done it well enough with Bumi and Kaya as they've been introduced, even Korra's cousins are distinct enough. And really, Korra's played off as kinda stupid here.

From the first Book, she would have at least learned how reliable of a mentor Tenzin was, how just jumping into a fight doesn't always work, or how she's not as strong as she thinks she is (considering she's lost most of her fights and only beat Amon through dumb luck and deus ex machinAang). But already, she's dropped Tenzin without a second thought, and is acting like she took on Amon and his army single-handed. (and not totally the fact that Amon's makeup wasn't water-proof...)

And as the third episode has shown, all it apparently takes is to stroke her ego a bit and she'll listen to you, and possibly ignore your blatantly obvious tyranical-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Sure, while I'm certain they'll likely improve on Korra a bit as time goes on, she still doesn't show that she's learned anything from the last book, despite being given several times to show it. And you can't deny that the beginning of a story is still crucial to help plant the seeds as to who the characters are. They've done it well enough with Bumi and Kaya as they've been introduced, even Korra's cousins are distinct enough. And really, Korra's played off as kinda stupid here.

From the first Book, she would have at least learned how reliable of a mentor Tenzin was, how just jumping into a fight doesn't always work, or how she's not as strong as she thinks she is (considering she's lost most of her fights and only beat Amon through dumb luck and deus ex machinAang). But already, she's dropped Tenzin without a second thought, and is acting like she took on Amon and his army single-handed. (and not totally the fact that Amon's makeup wasn't water-proof...)

And as the third episode has shown, all it apparently takes is to stroke her ego a bit and she'll listen to you, and possibly ignore your blatantly obvious tyranical-ness.
    Honestly, I am fine with all that, if it's leading into an epic storyline. For instance, it would be amazing if they showed what happens when a foolhardy Avatar lets himself be manipulated. The story of Roku and Sozin retold from a different angle. Have the Avatar be the bad guy, then show his way to redemption. But that's probably not going to happen. Next episode it will be revealed that Tonraq is a psychotic dictator, who was molested by penguins in his childhood, Korra will charge in yelling things about being betrayed, and everything will work itself out :P

Oh god its so bad . All of the problems or situations just feel so forced. If this wasn't a 'sequel' it wouldn't be able to stand on its own legs.
    Hi Sephurik

i dont know why all you guys are complaining. so far this season is like a million times better than season 1.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know why all you guys are complaining. so far this season is like a million times better than season 1.
    not a problem, but something i am concerned about moving forward with the season is the dichotomy that is being created. as of now the line is really clearly drawn as to who the bad guys are and who the good guys are. Not only that, but it almost comical how extreme they are making it. for example, the way that ep. 3 ended with buddy getting arrested while not being involved at all, they are going way too hard trying to make bad guys be hateable.

the main worry i have is that they will turn bolin into the brock of korra. i hope bolin and the twins work out
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

the main worry i have is that they will turn bolin into the brock of korra. i hope bolin and the twins work out
    I'm pretty sure they're going to put him with Asami at some point. Then, send the 2 off to the wonderful land of "Only Exist When the Plot Calls For Them"-ia

i wanna know what the hell happened to sokka

Someone brought up an interesting point to me today about why Korra trusts Unalaq despite him seeming so evil. He hasn't actually DONE much that is overtly evil. Before bringing troops down, he had done nothing evil. It was simply in how he was presented to us that makes him seem evil. She should have been tipped off by the army, but he did explain it "logically" and she was too angry at Tenzin and her father by that point to really change her opinion of Unalaq.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Someone brought up an interesting point to me today about why Korra trusts Unalaq despite him seeming so evil. He hasn't actually DONE much that is overtly evil. Before bringing troops down, he had done nothing evil. It was simply in how he was presented to us that makes him seem evil. She should have been tipped off by the army, but he did explain it "logically" and she was too angry at Tenzin and her father by that point to really change her opinion of Unalaq.
    Pretty much this. We the viewers see Unalaq as the villain because we're experienced TV watchers and well, duh. The characters in the show though have no reason to think that though. Not at first anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Pretty much this. We the viewers see Unalaq as the villain because we're experienced TV watchers and well, duh. The characters in the show though have no reason to think that though. Not at first anyway.
    Sure, while the subtlty is completely lost to the audience, it's not like a character can see the world in a God's perspective. So it's not like Korra would be like, "Hm, the evil shadows that seem to always cover your face seem rather suspicious..."

That still doesn't excuse her to ignore what he and his army are doing. Usurping the South's leadership, creating a blockade, forcing the citizens away etc. She's completely fine with all of it, but when the Southern people are talking about going against these obviously tyranical movements? She goes off on how they need to "stay together."

Let's not forget how she was all for allowing the attempted-assassins go when she thought her father was one of them. The moment she realizes he isn't, she wants them sent off to prison... It's nice to see that she'll only actually act when Unalag is effecting her and her family.

I don't know... before I said they were treating her as if she was stupid... Maybe she's just an asshole? Only looking after herself and the people in her own little circle...

And his "excuse" really isn't a good one. Sure, he might want to protect the portal, but they already showed it's a long distance away from the pole. Really wouldn't be hard to set up an outpost to do so. But nah, let's invade half a nation.
    Last edited by Zonas; 2013-09-23 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm i just watched the first 3 episodes of season two and I'm kinda let down compared with the previous seasons..like in the first season there was so many unanswered questions about amon, how they managed to take away the bending etc... Can't really see any big mysterious plots in the second season yet

i really hate to keep watching this, but 3 episodes so far really isn't enough to judge on. but EVERY episode so far has got on my every last nerve. if i wanted to watch teenagers act like teenagers i'd watch degrassi. i still hope it gets better, but it's not looking good imo.

I liked this recent episode actually. I do hope they don't make Northern Brother Uncle Guy I Can't Remember Weird Name On into an obvious villain like they did with Amon. Both books has shown a(n) plot/issue that's pretty gray, where it can be discussed whether or not it's right or wrong, mature like they promised. They just killed it in Season 1 when Amon really just was a bad guy and his whole anti bending thing was a hypocritical piece of junk. I still think Aang being Amon would have been interesting, even more so now when they're discussing whether or not he was actually a good father.

korras gonna be cancelled if its ratings dont go up

10+ Year Old Account
    korras gonna be cancelled if its ratings dont go up
    Where are the ratings?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze