I don't feel like reading through this entire thread...

Has no one mentioned the possibility that Tarlokk is Amons brother, and that their father is Yakone from the flashbacks? Yakone could have seriously hurt Toph or Sokka or both, and Zuko could have stepped in and killed Yakone, being the "Firebender that took Amon's father away" ...

Tarlokks face when Korra compares him to Amon just screams brother to me...

PS: I don't consider The Promise actual canon. And I never will, even if the creators of ATLA ever state that they do...That book ruins the show for me if its real. And that's saying something, since I consider ATLA one of the greatest stories ever told.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatabala View Post

Has no one mentioned the possibility that Tarlokk is Amons brother, and that their father is Yakone from the flashbacks? Yakone could have seriously hurt Toph or Sokka or both, and Zuko could have stepped in and killed Yakone, being the "Firebender that took Amon's father away" ...

PS: I don't consider The Promise actual canon. And I never will, even if the creators of ATLA ever state that they do...That book ruins the show for me if its real. And that's saying something, since I consider ATLA one of the greatest stories ever told.
    Its canon. Deal with it.
    Just because you dont like something you cant just pretend it never happened.

I didnt like WW2 but I dont go around acting like it never happened.

Deleted
    I think I hate Tarrlok after watching episode 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatabala View Post

I get what you mean, I just finished rewatching the original series and afterwards I went and read the 2 graphic novels and they really did ruin the end of the series. If Aang ends up killing Zuko it would be so wrong. So far it's like all of the character progression Zuko went through in the original series has been erased and he's back to his Book One self. Also 100 Year War Part 2 is such a cop out in terms of story. I suppose we shouldn't judge since the third one isn't out yet but I thought they'd set up for Korra a bit more, maybe talk about the founding of Republic City instead of just bringing the threat of war back. Barring a really good ending I'm pretty disappointed with the story the novels chose to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Humpwing cares not for your feeble masonry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum View Post
    I was looking forward to see the "Skeleton in a Closet" episode on saturday, but I was not disappointed. This episode was intense.

That feel when impatiently waiting for the next episode.
    Not as bad as that soul destroying feel when Legend of Aang ended

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw episode 8...so far I've gotten the overwhelming feeling that Korra is an absolute idiot compared to Aang who was far, far wiser despite only being 13-14 during his time and Korra being 17. Yes she's hotheaded and reckless, but she still seems to make the dumbest decisions, everytime she talks I /facepalm because she just doesn't seem to know what to say or do.

This either means that the Airbenders were infinitely wiser than all the other nations...or Aang just happened to be possibly the wisest person to ever live....or that Korra is one of the stupidest people in the series. /scratches head.

Aang was pretty much shown to be an airbending genius who could win (or atleast escape) almost ANY situation. In a 1v1 he kicked Zuko's ass in every fight, someone who was older and had significantly more training in his element (fire).
    Meanwhile Korra can't seem to do shit-all even with 3 elements on her side. Overall the Avatar's power seems to have greatly diminished, in previous ages they were pretty much gods and when they put their foot down (esp. in avatar state) nobody would dare question them.

Finally I think this may have already been brought up in this thread. I'm a bit confused as to why Korra's avatar state hasn't kicked in. Don't tell me "well because her spiritual side is disconnected", the avatar state is an automatic defense mechanism that triggers during extreme anger/emotion or when in a life-threatning situation. Korra has managed to reach the age of 17 without EVER hitting the avatar state it seems...maybe because she's been kept safe this whole time...but still, she's in the city now and has had plenty of close calls. Meanwhile Aang pretty much slipped in and out of it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Oh fucking hell why did I have to click that link at work. I'm having to say "something went in eye" to the girl next to me whe she asked me if I'm okay. Makes me cry every fucking time, Iroh and the bone-crushing depth of sorrow expressed in his voice...seriously when I saw that ep I hadn't cried that much since I saw The Iron Giant.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-04 at 01:30 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I agree, Korra is pretty unintelligent for an Avatar.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I agree, Korra is pretty unintelligent for an Avatar.
    Unintelligent... hmm i wouldnt say that.
    Since all her life so far she was living in lockdown at south pole and was only training bending/combat, to me it seems more that she just dont know, fully understand, how world works, that ppl can be annoying sobs and can pretend to be something else for personal gain.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Just saw episode 8...so far I've gotten the overwhelming feeling that Korra is an absolute idiot compared to Aang who was far, far wiser despite only being 13-14 during his time and Korra being 17. Yes she's hotheaded and reckless, but she still seems to make the dumbest decisions, everytime she talks I /facepalm because she just doesn't seem to have a way with words like Aang did.

This either means that the Airbenders were infinitely wiser than all the other nations...or Aang just happened to be possibly the wisest person to ever live....or that Korra is one of the stupidest people in the series. /scratches head.

Aang was pretty much shown to be an airbending genius who could win (or atleast escape) almost ANY situation. In a 1v1 he kicked Zuko's ass in every fight, someone who was older and had significantly more training in his element (fire).
    Meanwhile Korra can't seem to do shit-all even with 3 elements on her side. Overall the Avatar's power seems to have greatly diminished, in previous ages they were pretty much gods and when they put their foot down (esp. in avatar state) nobody would dare question them.

Finally I think this may have already been brought up in this thread. I'm a bit confused as to why Korra's avatar state hasn't kicked in. Don't tell me "well because her spiritual side is disconnected", the avatar state is an automatic defense mechanism that triggers during extreme anger/emotion or when in a life-threatning situation. Korra has managed to reach the age of 17 without EVER hitting the avatar state it seems...maybe because she's been kept safe this whole time...but still, she's in the city now and has had plenty of close calls. Meanwhile Aang pretty much slipped in and out of it all the time.

Oh fucking hell why did I have to click that link at work. I'm having to say "something went in eye" to the girl next to me whe she asked me if I'm okay. Makes me cry every fucking time, Iroh and the bone-crushing depth of sorrow expressed in his voice...seriously when I saw that ep I hadn't cried that much since I saw The Iron Giant.
    Korra reminds me of Katara and Sokka combined for some reason. I agree that Aang was much wiser and I do think that has to do with the monks ways of life.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets just hope once she learns airbending and connects with the spiritual side, the wisdom of the previous avatars will flow through her and she'll shut her mouth and go back to the kitche-I mean think before acting.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Not necessarily. If his duty is to ensure balance and harmony between the nations then that's easier to accomplish in an open diplomatic forum like a United Nations (or the republic council as it were). It can be argued that a total separation of nations would make true balance impossible since there'd be very little cooperation, occasional hostilities, and manipulative tyrants who wield full power over their nation.
    And I agree with you, but the spirit(s) responsible for Amon's behavior might think otherwise. It was after all stated by Roku sometime in the first season, that the Avatar has to keep the nations within their physical borders, as a means of achieving balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanoran View Post
    I get what you mean, I just finished rewatching the original series and afterwards I went and read the 2 graphic novels and they really did ruin the end of the series. If Aang ends up killing Zuko it would be so wrong. So far it's like all of the character progression Zuko went through in the original series has been erased and he's back to his Book One self. Also 100 Year War Part 2 is such a cop out in terms of story. I suppose we shouldn't judge since the third one isn't out yet but I thought they'd set up for Korra a bit more, maybe talk about the founding of Republic City instead of just bringing the threat of war back. Barring a really good ending I'm pretty disappointed with the story the novels chose to tell.
    Really? Zuko is more like his book 3 self, and now that he is fire lord he is probably more confused than ever. He was just thrust into leader of a whole country after being a banished prince. And what do you think Yu Dao is? It is Republic City, or at least what will be Republic City. Earth King Kuei has grown too, and is doing what he thinks is best for his country now that he is really in charge, I think its really well done since its done by the original creators.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    And I agree with you, but the spirit(s) responsible for Amon's behavior might think otherwise. It was after all stated by Roku sometime in the first season, that the Avatar has to keep the nations within their physical borders, as a means of achieving balance.
    I always had this question... Does that mean other's from other nations can't live in other nations because Iroh set up his tea shop again and he is fire nation or does it simply mean it is kept under and earth kingdom rule with a earth kingdom commoner (by commoner I mean anyone who is naturally from the earth kingdom).

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Really? Zuko is more like his book 3 self, and now that he is fire lord he is probably more confused than ever. He was just thrust into leader of a whole country after being a banished prince. And what do you think Yu Dao is? It is Republic City, or at least what will be Republic City. Earth King Kuei has grown too, and is doing what he thinks is best for his country now that he is really in charge, I think its really well done since its done by the original creators.
    It's more with how the person writing doesn't understand that Aang is a pacifist.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I always had this question... Does that mean other's from other nations can't live in other nations because Iroh set up his tea shop again and he is fire nation or does it simply mean it is kept under and earth kingdom rule with a earth kingdom commoner (by commoner I mean anyone who is naturally from the earth kingdom).

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 10:34 AM ----------

It's more with how the person writing doesn't understand that Aang is a pacifist.
    Pretty sure Aang hasn't used any violence in the Promise so whats the deal?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    When is the skeleton in the closet episode coming then? Any speculations?
    Proberbly Season 2 or ?? Cuzz in the list on Wiki I dont see it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    When is the skeleton in the closet episode coming then? Any speculations?
    Proberbly Season 2 or ?? Cuzz in the list on Wiki I dont see it yet.
    Its season 1 after the first 10
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    /Shrug

I suppose it's against the "rules" for Iroh to of have set up his coffee shop. But then again I'm not exactly clear on the entire guidelines for the avatar's job in balancing the four nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Pretty sure Aang hasn't used any violence in the Promise so whats the deal?
    Probally upset about the whole
    "If I turn evil End me"

Which Aang VERY reluctantly agreed to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Muahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Probally upset about the whole
    "If I turn evil End me"

Which Aang VERY reluctantly agreed to.
    Aang probably very much hopes that he never has to go through with his Promise.
    Gamdwelf the Mage