10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Its hard to teach someone when you cant show them how to do it. I imagine the training sessions must have been frustrating as hell.
    Meh, teaching someone to bend blood would be the same as just teaching them waterbending. A bloodbender is merely a waterbender who has become powerful enough to control the water locked within other stuff, exactly like an earthbender who can become powerful enough to bend the impurities (i.e. earth) locked within metals.

Someone has asked earlier what is the "elite" airbending form and a couple of theories popped up including making vacuums and controlling sound. Since we have only seen 2 actual master airbenders (Aang and Tenzin), it's really hard to say what a master airbender can do that a regula airbender cannot. Simply more tricks like bigger air scooters?

For water and earth, the elite level both involves controlling smaller amounts of the element spread out through other materials/objects. For Fire...well, lightning has absolutely nothing to do with fire. Iroh's lightning lesson didn't even REMOTELY explain how or why a firebender posesses the ability to seperate yin and yang energies. So airbending's elite form may have nothing to do with air.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-12 at 05:57 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Meh, teaching someone to bend blood would be the same as just teaching them waterbending. A bloodbender is merely a waterbender who has become powerful enough to control the water locked within other stuff, exactly like an earthbender who can become powerful enough to bend the impurities (i.e. earth) locked within metals.

Someone has asked earlier what is the "elite" airbending form and a couple of theories popped up including making vacuums and controlling sound. Since we have only seen 2 actual master airbenders (Aang and Tenzin), it's really hard to say what a master airbender can do that a regula airbender cannot. Simply more tricks like bigger air scooters?

For water and earth, the elite level both involves controlling smaller amounts of it spread out through other materials/objects. For Fire...well, lightning has absolutely nothing to do with fire. Iroh's lightning lesson didn't even REMOTELY explain how or why a firebender posesses the ability to seperate yin and yang energies. So airbending's elite form may have nothing to do with air.
    Well fire burns, lightning burns. I think that is what they were getting at?

Airbending doesnt really need a secondary ability. Its pretty versatile as it is.

Well fire burns, lightning burns. I think that is what they were getting at?

Airbending doesnt really need a secondary ability. Its pretty versatile as it is.
    its cause they're both energy.

Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    Me has idea.

Maybe after Aang 'died' from Azula's Lightning, another Avatar was born, but when he was revived, he maintained Avatar Status, making 2 Avatars. Bear with me here.. Maybe that second Avatar is Amon. :OOO
    Buffy the vampire slayer did something like that with buffy dying for a second and a new slayer was chosen. but she came back to life shortly after.

New theory: masked man dude is aang somehow

Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    Me has idea.

Maybe after Aang 'died' from Azula's Lightning, another Avatar was born, but when he was revived, he maintained Avatar Status, making 2 Avatars. Bear with me here.. Maybe that second Avatar is Amon. :OOO
    Naw. Aang was "killed" in the Avatar state. If he had stayed dead the avatar wouldnt exist anymore. The cycle only continued with Korra because he came back.

I think Amon cant actually remove bending. Hes paying everyone off to pretend to lose their power (They lose it but its only temp). And the ones that will be an issue he is locking up. (He would have taken Korra and he took Tarlokk instead of leaving them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw. Aang was "killed" in the Avatar state. If he had stayed dead the avatar wouldnt exist anymore. The cycle only continued with Korra because he came back.
    What exactly happened when Aang got hammered in the avatar state is still a mystery, episode 40.5 only raised more questions. We were told that the Avatar spirit (or was it Aang's spirit?) had lost it's connection with the spirit world and he had to go around the spirit world talking to his past lives to "reconnect". I can't relate this to what happened when Katara used the oasis water to heal him - did she just heal his body, or healed his avatar spirit as well? If she had failed to heal his body BUT Aang had successfully reconnected to the spirits later on, does that mean the Avatar spirit would simply be reborn into another nation?
    Remember the avatar spirit doesn't need the physical body to survive in order to live on, it simply reincarnates.

What exactly happened when Aang got hammered in the avatar state is still a mystery, episode 40.5 only raised more questions. We were told that the Avatar spirit (or was it Aang's spirit?) had lost it's connection with the spirit world and he had to go around the spirit world talking to his past lives to "reconnect". I can't relate this to what happened when Katara used the oasis water to heal him - did she just heal his body, or healed his avatar spirit as well? If she had failed to heal his body BUT Aang had successfully reconnected to the spirits later on, does that mean the Avatar spirit would simply be reborn into another nation?
    Remember the avatar spirit doesn't need the physical body to survive in order to live on, it simply reincarnates.
    Didnt Aang lose his ability to use the Avatar State when he got zapped? He went to the spirit world to try to get it back.?

At least thats what i remember, its been a while since i watched TLA.

If another avatar had been born, Aang wouldn't have been able to enter the avatar state during the finale. Remember, he can only access those past lives because he has the avatar spirit.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Look the second Avatar theory can't work. Broku (yes I like to call him that) said that when in the Avatar State the Avatar is at it's most powerful but also at its most vulnerable. See if the Avatar dies while in the Avatar State, the cycle ends and there cannot be another Avatar but in Aang's case the special properties of spirit water plus a waterbender who could heal quite well he was brought back to life with Avatar spirit inside him as well brought back to life.

No, just no about that second Avatar theories referring to Amon being the second Avatar.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt Aang lose his ability to use the Avatar State when he got zapped? He went to the spirit world to try to get it back.?

At least thats what i remember, its been a while since i watched TLA.
    You're correct about losing his ability to shift into avatar state when he got zapped. You're wrong about going to the spirit world to try and get it back - at the end of his spirit world journey, Yangchen told him that he had successfully "reconnected" his Avatar spirit but his physical body needed time to heal and unfortunately he would no longer be able to go into the avatar state, he would need his friends to succeed. She said this very conclusively and she was right. Aang would've been stuck in his normal form forever and would've lost to the firelord, had it not been for the accidental piercing of his spine by that jagged rock unlocking his Earth chakra.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-12 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're correct about losing his ability to shift into avatar state when he got zapped. You're wrong about going to the spirit world to try and get it back - at the end of his spirit world journey, Yangchen told him that he had successfully "reconnected" his Avatar spirit but his physical body needed time to heal and unfortunately he would no longer be able to go into the avatar state, he would need his friends to succeed. She said this very conclusively and she was right. Aang would've been stuck in his normal form forever and would've lost to the firelord, had it not been for the accidental piercing of his spine by that jagged rock unlocking his Earth chakra.
    Well I think if Aang actually stood up to the Firelord instead of running away being a pacifist he would have rolfstomped his ass.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Well I think if Aang actually stood up to the Firelord instead of running away being a pacifist he would have rolfstomped his ass.
    Standing up to people would change his very character, in that case he would also have to stand up to everyone else before the firelord and it would've been a completely different story :P

Aang had pretty much lost after his defense-ball-thing fell to pieces and he faced the full blast of Ozai's fire. I would say that Aang's body had actually passed out just before the avatar state took over - had it not been for the jagged rock, he would've just lay there under the rubble and Ozai would've finished him. Instead the avatar state took over and Aang went completely BERSERK on Ozai, he seemed to care about nothing else - this is more proof that Aang was still unconcious, rather than what most people believe ("you pissed off Aang lol, now face his wrath"). He spoke in the voice of his previous lives combined and was a fraction of a second from destroying Ozai before Aang finally regained control...I would say he regained conciousness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Standing up to people would change his very character, in that case he would also have to stand up to everyone else before the firelord and it would've been a completely different story :P

Aang had pretty much lost after his defense-ball-thing fell to pieces and he faced the full blast of Ozai's fire. I would say that Aang's body had actually passed out just before the avatar state took over - had it not been for the jagged rock, he would've just lay there under the rubble and Ozai would've finished him. Instead the avatar state took over and Aang went completely BERSERK on Ozai, he seemed to care about nothing else - this is more proof that Aang was still unconcious, rather than what most people believe ("you pissed off Aang lol, now face his wrath"). He spoke in the voice of his previous lives combined and was a fraction of a second from destroying Ozai before Aang finally regained control...I would say he regained conciousness.
    It just hurts to think that a jagged rock saved his life, I mean he was screwed and it just seems like that for some reason released it. I still have no clue why it released the chakra.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by scormac View Post
    New theory: masked man dude is aang somehow
    Would be a let down if that was the case.

Personally I like the alternative theory that Amon is that scholar (or perhaps a descendent or another to find the desert library) from the desert, who got stuck in the library when it collapsed. He then under went training by the Wan Shi Tong (Owl spirit) to destroy/stop all the benders given his extensive knowledge of past wars and events along with the roles played by benders in them.

A recap of the owl spirit stuff for those who may have forgotten:

1) The Owl spirit is called "Wan Shi Tong" meaning "He who knows ten thousand things". He also directly refers to himself as "all-knowing" when he tells Sokka "If you're going to lie to an all-knowing spirit being, you should at least put some effort into it." In the series he is referred to as the "Knowledge spirit".

2) Wan Shi Tong moved his library from the Spirit World in to the physical world. Using knowledge-seeking foxes, he set about collecting knowledge from all over the world. He put it all on display in his library for humanity to read and hopefully better itself from this knowledge and later he later became angry at humankind when he saw that apparently they used knowledge as something purely for its own sake (i.e. Wars and personal power gains).

3) The scholar is called Professor Zei and he was taken at the end of the episode to the spirit world when Wan Shi Tong "packed up" his library to take it back to the spirit world Zei was allowed to go there too and thus currently is in the spirit world.

This stuff is supported when they first visited the library they learned of Wan Shi Tong's dislike at people using knowledge to wage war and destruction. This was a particularly strong point as he had learned of Zhao using knowledge obtained in his library to cause serious damage and many deaths. It is in fact such an important matter for Wan Shi Tong he makes it a condition of entry into his library and it soon becomes the reason for Aang and friends expulsion from the library.

The fact that Amon claims that "the spirits" had chosen him to act in this role could in fact be true and may explain the source of his bending removal powers as being Wan Shi Tong who has decided to stop wars in some manner or another. Just my two cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    New theory: Amon is Flopsie.

Now we're getting somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    New theory: Amon is Flopsie.

Now we're getting somewhere.
    It would make sense completely. The badassery of Flopsie can only mean that Amon who is equal in badassery would have to be Flopsie. You genius.
    Hey everyone

I like it when we get back to these theories like My original proposed theory that Amon is Momo.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I like it when we get back to these theories like My original proposed theory that Amon is Momo.
    Makes perfect sense. I just want it now =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Now character development... It's to rushed and it's not the creators fault because Nick has forced them to do less episodes meaning not enough time to completely develop the characters. To be honest the only character I think that has been developed well is Amon. He feels mysterious and maintains that image of being epic. The two brothers seem to be crappy benders who can't bend worth a shit.

Lin is great as a bender and her character development is actually not to bad but again there isn't enough time.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Now character development... It's to rushed and it's not the creators fault because Nick has forced them to do less episodes meaning not enough time to completely develop the characters. To be honest the only character I think that has been developed well is Amon. He feels mysterious and maintains that image of being epic. The two brothers seem to be crappy benders who can't bend worth a shit.

Lin is great as a bender and her character development is actually not to bad but again there isn't enough time.
    At the same time I kinda hope that Nick is just using the first two books as a test run to see if it's worth them continuing the series for another 2 books. :/