Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    As much as I loved the ending, after rewatching it, how good of an ending would it have been if Kuvira shot some metal into Korra's back just as she was energybending the cannon and killed her? Like, if Korra was in the Avatar state, that would've killed the line for good (and I guess Kuvira in the process).

But it would've given us a proper solid end to the franchise. Korra and Kuvira dead. No Avatar cycle. I doubt the the Earth Empire forces would have been able to handle Republic City without her/her mech giant.

Would've been an interesting twist, I guess.
    I was expecting when they went up to hug Korra they'd pass through her, and that they both died in the spiritsplosion. In the avatar state, so boom, no more avatar. Meh, happy endings all around. I don't think my heart could take if they had just ended on an incredibly depressing note, like if S3 had just been the end of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I described how Korra walked into the gun, in it's line of fire.

Gun on vines, gun swing with momentum. Simple enough for you?
    Gun swung before she fired. Pissy over cartoon? Umadbro?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    did you wonder why kuvira's face was like O.O when she poked her head through the vines? i thought it was because the spirits came back and were going to rip her a new one, but it's because she saw the barrel of that gun right in her face, and thus she lured korra there in hopes she would take the same path. that is how the gun was aimed at korra, it was already in place.
    I saw it differently but thank you for your civility.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Is it that hard to accept that Korra walked into the firing range of the gun ? Is it so damn hard for you to see that Kuvira did not aim the canon ? do you need a pair of glasses or are you just dense ?
    Life must be real boring if cartoons make you mega-emo-rage and hurl insults. You lonely? Need a hug?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. The only time it started moving was when Kuvira activated the gun, which is natural for something with that amount of fire power, especially when it's aimed against the ground (the air blast alone from firing that thing would have made the gun start swinging).

Also, the gun was hanging from a bunch of vines, so it would start pendling if fired off. There's really nothing extraordinary about it.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-12-24 at 01:08 PM.

I already explained this, it's camera angle (you know when your screen turns from the gun to the gun+korra) from the actual show not a actual camera in the show. Stop being purposely dense.

I explained this in black and white and you just deny it over and over but someone else said it and you accept it because you think they were nicer? Grow up.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Grow up.
    Blah blah...get a life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gun swung before she fired. Pissy over cartoon? UmadbroLife must be real boring if cartoons make you mega-emo-rage and hurl insults. You lonely? Need a hug?
    Not really. I'm just baffled at the fact that you can be this stubborn and pretend that you are discussing something, and completely reject all and every counter reaction without any further explanation or use of logic. It just surprises me how someone can be this ignorant, it's like discussing with a 5 year old, yessing and noing back and forth, lol.

Blah blah...get a life.
    Hate to say it, but you are proving my point here.
    Last edited by bloodkin; 2014-12-24 at 01:44 PM.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the finale when I was in Shanghai so I just got around to it and I thought it was decent.

I think the show's creators ruined it by confirming korrasami though, I think that tlok is going to fall into obscurity now because of it. Which is a real shame.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is such as shitfest lmao

Personally I love the ending of the series Mr. Sato's death scene was actually pretty sad. Also I'm glad they confirmed the Korra x Asami relationship, it wasn't something I had even considered untill it was mentioned in the thread and seeing that while I was starting season 4 I was pretty impressed with how they had to work it in through reactions and the way the two talked in the season.

Also I liked that the Earth Kingdom is going to become independent states. If nick ever does a sequel series in the future it will be interesting to see what the effects of the break up of the Earth Kingdom/Empire.

Life must be real boring if cartoons make you mega-emo-rage and hurl insults. You lonely? Need a hug?
    you're being hypocritical here, but that aside i already answered you. it's not that the cannon moved, it was simply animated from the "camera" angle, from one side of the gun, across the opposite side of the barrel, and then down the barrel, all very flashy and action like. why? well, dramatic effect. it looked cool. stuff like that. the cannon never actually moved. at this point you're being willfully obtuse about it or have an extreme lack of understanding in how points of views and angles are animated and extrapolating how that scene played out. i can go watch it for you and provide a timeline.

korra walks in, barrel pointed directly at her. scene changes to kuvira pulling the switch. cue animation scene, stylistic pan down the barrel of the cannon. this is where you think it's moving. cut away to side shot, still pointed at korra, cannon fires, overloads from spirit vine mumbo jumbo, actually moves.

what are you seeing differently? are you just going off memory? is there a different scene with the cannon moving? if everyone here is wrong then please adequately explain where kuvira is moving the gun around.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2014-12-25 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I last visited this thread people were debating about Korra and Asami; now they're arguing about the physics behind a make-believe gun powered by magic that was mounted on the arm of an impossibly huge robot mech?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    When I last visited this thread people were debating about Korra and Asami; now they're arguing about the physics behind a make-believe gun powered by magic that was mounted on the arm of an impossibly huge robot mech?
    fear not, the korrasami debate is alive and well. no shortage of people that want to bury their heads in the sand even post-confirmation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    fear not, the korrasami debate is alive and well. no shortage of people that want to bury their heads in the sand even post-confirmation.
    If the writers and showrunners say they're together, then they're together.

I just don't think they did a good job of relaying that. Why? First and foremost, because they needed to say whether they were or not. Korra and Asami's relationship never seemed to advance past them becoming best friends in book 3.

Like I said, it's up to the writers... but they should definitely have placed more importance on their romantic relationship. If you're going to end the entire series on it, it should be something you actually push throughout the series so that it has the proper impact and resolution.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Just finished the series after watching season 3 + 4 in one go today. Gotta say I absolutely loved those two seasons after the huge dissapointment that season 2 was. And I do agree on the romantic relation between Assami and Korra, I knew that it would happen before I watched season 3 + 4 and I paid attention to it, but I really didn't notice much was going on.

But overall good series and I kinda wish they did another one, as it didn't get stale after these 2x4 seasons and I think that they did an amazing job on making them both stand out together from each other and even making each season very different from the other before. I even wouldn't mind going back to Korra for another season or two.

Sadly I don't think that will happen.

Can't see why people are still going on about how they wanted Korra to die in the Avatar State. All that would do it piss people off and burn and potential for future stories they might make.

I just wish they had left the last scene open ended. Confirming it does absolutely nothing for the show and only kills the longevity of any discussion around it. Real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I just wish they had left the last scene open ended. Confirming it does absolutely nothing for the show and only kills the longevity of any discussion around it. Real shame.
    There really was no discussion to begin with if left open ended. If it's open ended it'll either be korrasami or just really really close friends that hold hands in the sunset...

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

There really was no discussion to begin with if left open ended. If it's open ended it'll either be korrasami or just really really close friends that hold hands in the sunset...
    At least that opens it to multiple interpretations as opposed to it being stale and devoid of any real meaning like it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    At least that opens it to multiple interpretations as opposed to it being stale and devoid of any real meaning like it is now.
    There is no multiple interpretations. There are only 2 but now since the creators confirmed there is only 1. Really what you are basically saying is you love the debate but now there isn't room to debate.

There is no multiple interpretations. There are only 2 but now since the creators confirmed there is only 1. Really what you are basically saying is you love the debate but now there isn't room to debate.
    No, I'm saying that story writers should present their themes and narratives in the actual story. Not later in interviews.