Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Bookmarked, made my life easier, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Bookmarked, made my life easier, thank you!
    Thank you! I'm glad you like it! Tell your friends :P
    Haste Breakpoint Calculator! -------- CTC Calculator!

Sig by Elyaan | My Work | Que: 3 | PMs: OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboMog123 View Post
    What are your current issues? What I usually do is open chardev and maximize Mastery through reforging, then gem for socket bonuses, then put in my lowest CTC trinkets I plan to use, add in buffs and then try to balance Dodge/Parry. Run any CTC tool, like the one in the OP (I've been using a separate spreadsheet), then change gems accordingly, then reforging (it should be trivial to see where reforging gives you the best avoidance/DPS per CTC lost), then gear (this would be the hardest part, but I'm sure a list could be made).
    My tank is my alt, so I don't have many options to choose from, but I don't see what else could be done to min/max and this shouldn't take too long. I could probably write a program to this despite being rather inexperienced, since the "formula" seems pretty simple. Am I wrong?

You don't really need to run a secondary site if you're using CharDev, it has CtC already calculated out. I really like CharDev and will be sad to see it go once MoP hits. It's been quite an invaluable tool as it is a one stop shop for someone as OCD as me about my character's stats and optimizing it for raid times.

AMR had potential...but they're neglecting a lot of the glaring bugs that huge number crunchers such as Theck has tried to help them with. It may be better once MoP hits due to CtC being removed, but who knows.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboMog123 View Post
    What are your current issues? What I usually do is open chardev and maximize Mastery through reforging, then gem for socket bonuses, then put in my lowest CTC trinkets I plan to use, add in buffs and then try to balance Dodge/Parry. Run any CTC tool, like the one in the OP (I've been using a separate spreadsheet), then change gems accordingly, then reforging (it should be trivial to see where reforging gives you the best avoidance/DPS per CTC lost), then gear (this would be the hardest part, but I'm sure a list could be made).
    My tank is my alt, so I don't have many options to choose from, but I don't see what else could be done to min/max and this shouldn't take too long. I could probably write a program to this despite being rather inexperienced, since the "formula" seems pretty simple. Am I wrong?
    No, you're right. I mentioned I do something similar just by throwing up numbers in excel and trying to tweak them manually and I eventually reach the same point.

The problem is that a 20 minute process by hand (which is too complex for the vast majority of players - try explaining Stam per CTC lost to them) could be a 20 second process if there was a program for it. It's a huge waste of time to do it every time you get a new piece of gear when the process doesn't need to be done at all.
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-04-02 at 06:02 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with the removal of CTC cap, will this still be something that needs to be adjusted for?
    Haste Breakpoint Calculator! -------- CTC Calculator!

Sig by Elyaan | My Work | Que: 3 | PMs: OPEN