Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I used 54 keybinds on my holy paladin. It is impossible to heal with competence and do everything else required of you at the higher tiers and click.

Quote Originally Posted by mdnsiper7 View Post
    if not how do u change that. Break the clicker habit
    Back in Vanilla when I first started, I to was a clicker. The difficulty was fairly difficult back then (figuring I was still a hardcore noob! :P). Anyways, what I personally did to get away from clicking is to either make a new character and force yourself to use your keyboard for every one of your abilities or on your main character, set up some easy keybinds and practice practice practice. Can't stress enough that practice is the largest part. If you don't, you'll wanna go back to a clicker in a heartbeat. Start off with the basic 1-7 (however far your hands can reach) and then you can add in a modifier, such as shift. Basically meaning you can do Shift + 1-7. Not very much for keybinding, but its a place to start. I would also suggest getting a multi-button mouse. It works wonders, litterly!

Another suggestion is to head over to Youtube and check out some tutorial and more in-depth videos there.

Best of luck to you!

Should go to skill-capped or arenajunkies and ask them and see what kinda advice they give.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    If a clicker is 2.4k he is carried in some way or the other. I don't see anyone preforming decently at that lvl of play by clicking. They would be to be in 5s boxing or something to hit that rating.
    never said he wasn't carried. sure he is skilled, but he plays with two other very skilled people. if i found myself a couple of competent geared binders who didn't flake, i may be at that rating too!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker View Post
    It's like taking a shit without toilet paper
    nice analogy lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are aiming to be the best you can be you keybind plain and simple. If you are doing it for fun or just going for 2k click all you want and enjoy. I don't seem to recall during Blizzcon arena games people clicking, neither do I recall watching top end arena teams (top end, not 2k or 2.2k) clicking. I am sure there are people who do it, but for everyone ONE clicker there is going to be roughly 9 times as many keybinds (number made up but you get the point).

I have gotten to 2.2k and I click as a healer Not abilities on my bars but I click for my healing addon:3

10+ Year Old Account
    Should go to skill-capped or arenajunkies and ask them and see what kinda advice they give.
    AJ'd probably instaban him.

Clicking's perfectly fine if you're fast enough. But seeing as the stock UI facilitates binding 1-5 and can be modified to add F1-F4 (as well as R, F, T and G, with Q and E if you don't want to have keyboard turning), it's good to have at least some buttons bound.

I've got 1-8 and F1-F4 bound, and am probably going to add T and G soon. Take it slowly.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what faction you're playing. If you on the faction opposite to me then sure, be a clicker! Hell, be a back paddler and keyboard turner while you're at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    never said he wasn't carried. sure he is skilled, but he plays with two other very skilled people. if i found myself a couple of competent geared binders who didn't flake, i may be at that rating too!
    Then the person who clicks isnt competitive at all he is being carried why the players who are carrying him are doing most of the work.
    Last season blood dks where soloing 2s to 2200. These arena partner wasnt competitive at all. Trying to be competitive wouldnt be holding your team mates back. Or having them carry you up the ladder. Thats getting help to get T2 through friends or paying pros.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    AJ'd probably instaban him.

Clicking's perfectly fine if you're fast enough. But seeing as the stock UI facilitates binding 1-5 and can be modified to add F1-F4 (as well as R, F, T and G, with Q and E if you don't want to have keyboard turning), it's good to have at least some buttons bound.

I've got 1-8 and F1-F4 bound, and am probably going to add T and G soon. Take it slowly.
    Right, just take it slow.. Its like learning a new UI you have to keep at it till it feels right. Would you play old SNES fighting games by clicking buttons on a screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    If you are aiming to be the best you can be you keybind plain and simple. If you are doing it for fun or just going for 2k click all you want and enjoy. I don't seem to recall during Blizzcon arena games people clicking, neither do I recall watching top end arena teams (top end, not 2k or 2.2k) clicking. I am sure there are people who do it, but for everyone ONE clicker there is going to be roughly 9 times as many keybinds (number made up but you get the point).

I have gotten to 2.2k and I click as a healer Not abilities on my bars but I click for my healing addon:3
    agreed and i think getting 2.2k as a clicker, in most seasons at least, is about as good as it gets unless you are being carried.

btw what healing add on do you use? i should probably get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clicker vs. Keybinder in duel, they are both equally geared, skilled and have the exact same mindset. Who do you think wins?

Please do not add a ton of "what if" scenarios or over complicate it. My opinion is the keybinder wins every time but if a clicker can say otherwise please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    agreed and i think getting 2.2k as a clicker, in most seasons at least, is about as good as it gets unless you are being carried.

btw what healing add on do you use? i should probably get one.
    I have swapped between Healbot and Vuhdo (chose this one to get above 2k). Aggressive holy paladin, watch out for my Rebukes and HoJ (unless you are a good priest who enjoys fear, MC and mana burn).
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2012-03-24 at 10:49 PM.

You can be a clicker and get a high rating. But not the top rating.

Deleted
    Yes, you can click in arena but it's only going to take you so far and it won't be as effective as keybinding. I'm not going to claim that I'm among the best at PvP, or even close, but when I moved from clicking to binding my performance increased drastically, and more to the point, after a while it just felt more natural and responsive. But starting threads like these are never a good idea as you're just going to attract people who claim that clickers, rather than just players who aren't playing at their full potential, are the devil's spawn. I recommend binding as after a while it just gives you so much more freedom playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, just take it slow.. Its like learning a new UI you have to keep at it till it feels right. Would you play old SNES fighting games by clicking buttons on a screen?
    I don't think old SNES fighting games had a mouse and button interface.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

I don't think old SNES fighting games had a mouse and button interface.
    You were just playing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    You were just playing it wrong.
    No, I had a Sega Mega Drive and played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 instead.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

No, I had a Sega Mega Drive and played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 instead.
    You were definitely playing it wrong then. Nintendo was only legit in its SNES days. Now it's all about bleeding dry the 3-11 year old market.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Clicker vs. Keybinder in duel, they are both equally geared, skilled and have the exact same mindset. Who do you think wins?

Please do not add a ton of "what if" scenarios or over complicate it. My opinion is the keybinder wins every time but if a clicker can say otherwise please explain.

I have swapped between Healbot and Vuhdo (chose this one to get above 2k). Aggressive holy paladin, watch out for my Rebukes and HoJ (unless you are a good priest who enjoys fear, MC and mana burn).
    oh how i enjoy mc. i won't even bother to mana burn until mc is on dr. otherwise, what is the point of fearing a healer out into the open to burn him once? come on, cc is where it is at. people should fear that over burns. xD and i always juke a rebuke into a mind freeze or stun by something.

about your question. factors come into play, like what are the classes, cause some classes totally counter others. if you say for instance they are both the same class in the duel. clearly the keybinder has the upperhand and will most often win. though say the keybinder makes a mistake and the clicker capitalizes on it. the clicker will win. yeah, binding helps your response time via spells and abilities, but it doesn't make you smarter; by knowing how to play your class or what other classes are capable of and how to counter them.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2012-03-24 at 11:01 PM.

Simple thing just bind your abilitys. And no you can no do well inn arena as a clicker. And 2k aint a good rating, if you get 2k as a clicker your 110% a healer and your partner is rly good. easyest way to bind abilitys if u play multiple chars is to have similar binds. Like my binds have a cupple of overlapping like i use G as silence/interupt on everychar exept for lock where i use V since thats my pet ability bind C for pet atack etc
    As well as F for cc Sheep fear blind etc and main dps abilitys on Q E 1 2 3 4 and "5 on some chars" and also use shift 1 2 3 4 if its needed for dps.
    And to add this. Clicker wont be able to do quick things like say your a rogue. and your healer is getting train and needs peels badly everyone have trinks. You dance cheap shot the warrior then the rogue, rogue and warr trinks and rogue blinds you. So you trink blind rogue and shadwostep ambush and kidny warrior into dismantle.
    Now a good player with keybinds could do this 8 ish sec if GCD is 1 sec. while a clicker would have used 14 sec and their healer would have died. cuz a keybinder could you /target arena1 -3 etc so binder saves his healer and clicker lets his healer die
    Last edited by Tonoko; 2012-03-24 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    You were definitely playing it wrong then. Nintendo was only legit in its SNES days. Now it's all about bleeding dry the 3-11 year old market.
    Didn't mean that SEGA was bad, except for releasing that console after everyone had a SNES already, and then trying to keep Sonic going for the next three decades...

Maybe it was. But, on topic, if you want to get out of clicking, get an emulator and play some old SNES/Mega Drive games which force you to bind keys in place of a mouse interface. That'll help.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)