Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It doesn't say that the spells are exchanged. The "In exchange" means the same as "In return": the druid gets a new spell, you get a new spell

Okay thank god^^, then it doesnt suck at all.

My druid's perspective: As Resto, my Warlock and SPriest buddies are going to be my best friend, unless the guild demands I give it to a tank (in which case, probably prefer to hit a DK). As Balance, I was actively drooling over pretty much the entire list of spells (but I'll be giving mages big fluffy hugs).

From other-class POVs: My Resto Shaman was disappointed, though my Holy Priest does PvP so that wasn't bad. Arcane Mage didn't really want a heal THAT badly, Holy Paladin is dancing for joy, though.

We clarified that both partners of Symbiosis get an additional spell....some 26 pages ago.

Damn you front side article!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    We clarified that both partners of Symbiosis get an additional spell....some 26 pages ago.

Damn you front side article!
    Kids will be kids... raging over slightest change in their optics...

Deleted
    How does this appear for the target ? If a druid cast this on my priest were does the new ability appear ? Is it on its own button somewere or does it replace something on my bars ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    How does this appear for the target ? If a druid cast this on my priest were does the new ability appear ? Is it on its own button somewere or does it replace something on my bars ?
    You get symbiosis in your spell book, and it changes depending on the spec, to match it.

Deleted
    Ahh so it appears in everyones spellbook but only becomes active when its cast. Thats cool then. Had horrible visions of me having to change around my bars/keybinds every time a druid wanted to use this on me. Pretty cool idea tbh if a little underwhelming for my dps priest (although i am sure my RL wont agree ).

Deleted
    As far as i could see you dont actually get a placeholder "symbiosis" spell in your spellbook if youre not a druid, but if you put a spell gained through symbiosis on your bars and then lose the symbiosis buff, the spell on your bar changes into the unusable generic "symbiosis" spell icon.

Deleted
    Um, were does it appear then when you first get it ?

Deleted
    In your spellbook. Ill try to clarify a bit better. If a druid casts symbiosis on you, you get an extra spell in your spellbook. You can drag this spell to your bars. If you then lose the symbiosis buff from the druid, the spell you dragged to your bars changes to a generic symbiosis icon that doesnt do anything, and the spell you gained disappears from your spellbook.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-04-14 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Exactly. I've read classes claiming they should get even value in return. I fail to see why since it *is* a Druid spell. I'm all for a proper return skill, but we should get the most benefit from this bargain, or else all other classes basically get an extra 85+ skill, granting them a superior Druid spell.

Either that, or I want a decent 85+ skill that adds something significant to my Druid.
    Sorry but from my Resto Shammy you gain Spiritwalker's Grace. Very powerfull and unique Shaman cooldown. Yeah I know we barely used it in Cata but things might change in MoP. In return I get prowl from you... Do you think it's even trade? I do not. Prowl is not even situational for my Resto like SG is.

As I said this spell is a big bullshit. I bet it will be one of those that are to hard to balance and in the end will be to op or to shitty.

Deleted
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/110499-symbiosis
    Here's an example of a spell a non-druid would have.
    This spell you will always have in your spellbook and can put on your bars all the time. When you get Symbiosis cast on you, this will then activate the specific ability you get through it when cast.

At least that's how i understood it so far.

Deleted
    No.. you never see that one in your spellbook, only on your bars if you had a real symbiosis spell there and you lost the symbiosis buff.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmefisto View Post
    Sorry but from my Resto Shammy you gain Spiritwalker's Grace. Very powerfull and unique Shaman cooldown. Yeah I know we barely used it in Cata but things might change in MoP. In return I get prowl from you... Do you think it's even trade? I do not. Prowl is not even situational for my Resto like SG is.

As I said this spell is a big bullshit. I bet it will be one of those that are to hard to balance and in the end will be to op or to shitty.
    Druids get powerful utility because it's DRUID spell. Why can't people get over themselves and be glad they get something for free? You don't even have to do anything. Just stand still and *poof* new spell.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmefisto View Post

Where's the problem in gaining an additional spell? You don't lose anything!
    But the part "SG is barely used but still omg qq" was hilarious, ty...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noruk View Post
    it says exchange how you know we wont loose those spells?
    Maybe because it's been advertised as such since day one, and you know, we've logged into beta and actually used it.

And honestly, I don't care if you get Seal Form out of the trade. I'm just greedy.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    No.. you never see that one in your spellbook, only on your bars if you had a real symbiosis spell there and you lost the symbiosis buff.
    Just to clarify: For the target class, the spell will be listed as it's name. If you're a mage, it'll show up as Healing Touch in your spellbook.

The spell I get will remain as 'Symbiosis' in my spellbook, but the icon will change to Mirror Images, and linking it in chat will display [Mirror Image]. When symbiosis breaks, the icon reverts back to 'Symbiosis'. You can leave it on your bars, and the next time Symbiosis is cast on you it will re-activate it's ability.

And since it took me a few seconds to realize this: The way you break Symbiosis to re-target someone else is to click off the 'Symbiosis' buff. Not sure if your target can click it off and cancel it for both of you.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-04-14 at 12:48 PM.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Alright, thanks for the clarification. I haven't transferd a non-druid to the beta yet so i wasn't to sure and based it on the datamined spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Druids get powerful utility because it's DRUID spell. Why can't people get over themselves and be glad they get something for free? You don't even have to do anything. Just stand still and *poof* new spell.
    To powerfull. This spell should be called prasitism at least for Resto Shamans. Getting a spell in exchange is only half truth. Spell I will gain is useless for me. What will I do with Prowl in raid? Show off? People can't get over it because some trades are simply unfair. Simple. It is supposed to be exchange not 'u get shit I get uber' thing - tooltip clearly indicates that. It rather looks like stealing. Exchange means that I get something equal in power in return. That is what symbiosis is.

And I really do not see any reason for any class to have such ability. Like I said this thing should not make it live in ANY shape or form on ANY class. It is simply not needed.

Want to have SG roll a Shammy. Want to have Bone Shield roll a DK. Want to have Consecration roll a Paladin. This crap is the one of the most strange things Blizzard came out with.
    Last edited by greatmefisto; 2012-04-14 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Reminds me of a Dark Intent, people fighting over it.