Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ...
22
30
31
32
33
34
42
... LastLast
  1. #621
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany (near Hamburg)
    Posts
    345
    Well as a shadow priest raiding together with a feral tank in a progress raid i guess i know who gets symbiosis by the feral ;-).

  2. #622
    Stood in the Fire WhoAmiSc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I am under the bed !
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I honestly couldn't care if the mage got seal form. It's my spell. Not yours.[COLOR="red"]


    you're so aggressive ...

    symbiosis, implies 2 parties working in harmony

    this is a discussion, not a " i can be more sarcastic than thou " proving ground

    like a hunter in here said, it's MY spell you're getting , NOT yours , afaik , druids don't have mirror images :P, mages do

    ~Is it Good to be Evil or is it Evil to be Good ? ~

  3. #623
    Leap.. of.. Faith...
    Demonic... Circle... Teleport...

    i'm definitely going with my druid at MoP!

  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post

    Re-read life tap. It's 30 rage for 20% health on a 15 second cooldown. It's pointless.
    Oh i read it. And if you don't see the possibilities that it can be useful then you are one of the players on the lower end of that skill gap i was talking about.

  5. #625
    Life Tap can be boss...like you sacrifice 20% of your health, but you gain 30 rage...with this rage you can use the "shield block bear version" and reduce a hard blow. The reduction of the hard blow ends up being higher than the 20% health loss. gg

  6. #626
    The Patient McWire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Life Tap can be boss...like you sacrifice 20% of your health, but you gain 30 rage...with this rage you can use the "shield block bear version" and reduce a hard blow. The reduction of the hard blow ends up being higher than the 20% health loss. gg
    Atm this is just wrong! We have 2 of your so called "shield block bear version" . The first one is Frenzied Regen which converts 3Rage into 1% HP (capped at 60 Rage). So we would loose 20% HP to heal for 10% . => meh
    The second one is Savage Defense which is not reducing the incoming dmg instead it increases our dodgechance by 40%. So if RNG is against us Lifetap wouldn't only not help, it could posibly kill us. I guess in 5mans it can be great since no boss will like kill you in 1-2 CDG's but in most raid encounters this will be way too risky. Also even if we have the rage Savage Defense cant have an uptime of 100% so why force this riskyrage. Instead we could also pop a CD and get back some rage and SD-stacks. (Well I have to admit that it can be great in transition-phases where there is no target to atack to get some rage for the next SD when the boss returns. )

    Also I like to ask you why you wrote such a post if didnt even look up the defensive posibilities a bear has. Looking it up would have costed you like 1 minute.
    Additionaly Beta is known for being undone , so give it a little time.

    BTT: I really like the function of symbioses. I just hope it wont be too strong. Also i'd like to see skilled players swaping simbioses in arenas while they left combat to turn the table with a nice supprise.
    Last edited by McWire; 2012-04-15 at 01:01 AM.
    "Pathes emerge , by walking them."

  7. #627
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    you're so aggressive ...

    symbiosis, implies 2 parties working in harmony

    this is a discussion, not a " i can be more sarcastic than thou " proving ground

    like a hunter in here said, it's MY spell you're getting , NOT yours , afaik , druids don't have mirror images :P, mages do
    Because people cry about the same stuff on every page of this post. It's a bit tiring to have to explain personally to everyone.

    Offtopic
    Symbiosis means "Leaving together" which includes: Mutualism, Parasitism and Commensalism
    Commensalism describes a relationship between two living organisms where one benefits and the other is not significantly harmed or helped.

    All transfers are (or will be) utility based. This is not like Dark Intent where all Haste/DoT classes were balanced around having it but only some would get it, making the rest suffer less dps.

    With Symbiosis you will benefit from having it but take not hit on dps/hps from not having it. And before a people start linking Tranquility mindlessly, they should read the first post about all Symbiosis-versions of the spells are watered down and weaker than the originals, so to be situational.

  8. #628
    Mechagnome Venteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    601
    As a side note, thank god that they took away the DPS cooldown trade-offs already. Dark intent really did ruin the game (PvE-wise) for some classes. Specifically shadow priests.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

    Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

  9. #629
    There is 0, I repeat 0% of this exact list making it to live. There is no way with their "bring the player not the class" philosophy that they allow druids to GIVE tanking cooldowns. While taking them could totally be balanced, giving them will REQUIRE every serious hardmode group to have at least 2 druids (unless one of the druids is already the tank) simply to make sure the tanks have the extra cooldowns.

  10. #630
    I wonder if Blizzard got Symbiosis from an idea I gave them a few years back on the WoW forums.
    Long story short. I thought it would be really cool to have Warlocks, when they drained the enemies soul and upon death they will get a warrior soul shard, mage, ect. Depending on spec up to a maximum of 6 stacks, the more stacks the stronger the effect. For example you'd cast an a Bladestorm Bolt if was from arms. You get the idea. Long story short.

  11. #631
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    Well as a shadow priest raiding together with a feral tank in a progress raid i guess i know who gets symbiosis by the feral ;-).
    Only if he REALLY wants fear ward. I'm betting you thought you gave him dispersion, didn't you? You forgot that they're splitting Guardian/Feral next expansion. In reality he's more likely to go to a DK (Dmg Reduc) or Paladin (AoE aggro generation). All the others, including yours, are rather situational in a raid.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 01:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Howard View Post
    There is 0, I repeat 0% of this exact list making it to live. There is no way with their "bring the player not the class" philosophy that they allow druids to GIVE tanking cooldowns. While taking them could totally be balanced, giving them will REQUIRE every serious hardmode group to have at least 2 druids (unless one of the druids is already the tank) simply to make sure the tanks have the extra cooldowns.
    Just because some of this is subject to change doesn't mean that ALL of it WILL change. You pulled that number outta your ass.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 01:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    /snip

    BTT: I really like the function of symbioses. I just hope it wont be too strong. Also i'd like to see skilled players swaping simbioses in arenas while they left combat to turn the table with a nice supprise.
    Not likely. Any decent player would have a mod that would let them know who the Druid cast Symbiosis on. They'll know what's coming.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2012-04-15 at 04:02 AM.

  12. #632
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Only if he REALLY wants fear ward. I'm betting you thought you gave him dispersion, didn't you? You forgot that they're splitting Guardian/Feral next expansion. In reality he's more likely to go to a DK (Dmg Reduc) or Paladin (AoE aggro generation). All the others, including yours, are rather situational in a raid.
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to him getting tranquility, not the druid getting fear ward.

  13. #633
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was refering to him getting tranquility, not the druid getting fear ward.
    You're quite right about that. That is more likely to be what he meant. However, the druid would STILL be more likely to go to a DK simply to get the tanking cd. That would be especially true since they're watering down strong effects so as not to make this ability too good.

    And if they're in progression, getting AoE threat from the paladin has the side benefit of another combat Rez given to them, if they're Holy.

  14. #634
    lol@other classes whining
    this spell is a druid spell,it may be called symbiosis but every class already has their new spells,this is a new spell for druids
    it doesnt matter what you get as long as the druid class gets something out of it

  15. #635
    Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    BTT: I really like the function of symbioses. I just hope it wont be too strong. Also i'd like to see skilled players swaping simbioses in arenas while they left combat to turn the table with a nice supprise.
    Its a 6 sec cast so the chance of that happening is borderline impossible. Youd have to be pretty terrible to let someone not only escape combat but finish a 6 second cast. It was made that length just so people wouldnt change it constantly in pvp settings id imagine.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-04-15 at 06:23 AM.

  16. #636
    Quote Originally Posted by greatmefisto View Post
    K Resto Shaman will chain heal his target to death from behind after breaking Prowl. Very powerful indeed.
    you know... chances are it could be changed

  17. #637
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Just because some of this is subject to change doesn't mean that ALL of it WILL change. You pulled that number outta your ass.[COLOR="red"]
    Lol what? When did I say all of that would change? I said a 0% chance that it will be that exact list, as in some of it will change 100% of the time. l2reading comprehension bro.

  18. #638
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Howard View Post
    Lol what? When did I say all of that would change? I said a 0% chance that it will be that exact list, as in some of it will change 100% of the time. l2reading comprehension bro.
    To be fair, your post could be read two different ways, with the way you phrased it. I only understood what you actually meant because of the second part of the post. And even then it was mostly deduction, because implying none of the spells of the list would make it to live would be pretty ridiculous.

    PS: I also don't like the fact that tank specs get tanking cds, even watered down, it doesn't fit with the rest of the spells that are given, which never directly improve a class role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't really get how Bloodlust fits Shamans...

    "I need to calm the elements, and through our sacred bond we will - wait, is that a fucking boss? I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! NO, WAIT! I'M GOING TO RAPE HIM THEN KILL HIM! WITH SPOONS! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!"

  19. #639

    Hunter idea

    Hunter : Dash

    This is a dumb idea. Really. . .dash is the best you can come up with? Why not prowl or the pet gets Solar Beam?

  20. #640
    Stood in the Fire Xanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    L'Aquila
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahless72 View Post
    Hunter : Dash

    This is a dumb idea. Really. . .dash is the best you can come up with? Why not prowl or the pet gets Solar Beam?
    As a enhancement shaman, i'd gladly trade Solar Beam for dash.
    "Man knows- he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •