10+ Year Old Account

New Recipes coming in 1.8

As we get closer to Update 1.8 some of the Master Craftsman Marks vendors have been stocking up with new goodies...

First up, the Artificer with a selection of rings, note some of the mats seem to suggest that they will only drop in Infernal Dawn?

The rings themselves...

An example of a new tanking sword...

Craftable "hexed" items? example is the cloth one, can also have Chain, Leather and Plate

Seems no new Apothecary or Runecrafting recipes, except that the Epic Seals recipes have been moved from the Hammerknell vendors and are now on the various Master Craftsman Marks ones...mats have been slightly changed as well

Nice stuff. Gief the rest of the weapons slacker! Or maybe I'll go look myself

Still curious what they are planning for mages, as we don't need crit anymore so as it stands every mage will be going for the cleric ring. Kinda silly.

Tbh the mage and cleric ones there are both worse than the ROTP ones apart from the focus so dunno why people would want them.

Given the frequency and quality of your news updates, have you considered starting your own website Slipmat?

Could anyone take a look into what other new outfitter items are coming please? With stats and mark prices - I really need to download the PTS again myself

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Given the frequency and quality of your news updates, have you considered starting your own website Slipmat?
    He is secretly planning to take over mmo-champ. ;p We've already gotten Boub on our side. ^_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    Could anyone take a look into what other new outfitter items are coming please?
    Easily done and screened

Prices are a bit steep for the upgradable items, 12 Master Craftsman Marks each, here's the 4 new items

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, i don't live on the PTS

I just happen to catch a few things now and then, but not too many

Thanks Slipmat! After looking at the artificer recipes I was worried I'd need 72 marks to get a full new load of outfitter stuff! Any idea what the upgrade items are used for? Also, do you think that is all they will add? If they are adding new rings I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't add some other stuff. Although I guess they didn't do any rings in the last round of crafted gear.

Tbh the mage and cleric ones there are both worse than the ROTP ones apart from the focus so dunno why people would want them.
    That's very untrue. Once you add Augments into the crafting process the Wisdom ring is far better than Dollin's Sorcerous Ring, the current BiS, in every way.
    The Int ring is trash though.

Most of these craftables require drops from Bouldergut, one of the 1.8 World Event quest bosses, as well as something from Gorlach and something from Muglak. My guess is that at least one of the latter two is a miniboss in Infernal Dawn.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 2012-03-28 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    That's very untrue. Once you add Augments into the crafting process the Wisdom ring is far better than Dollin's Sorcerous Ring, the current BiS, in every way.
    The Int ring is trash though.
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about augments!

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about augments!
    I did at first as well, it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a lot happening on the PTS over the weekend, but did come across a few new crafting dailies, mostly for Ember Isle but one or two for the Shimmersand faction..

First up a new Artificer daily in the pool

The mats are very straightforward, they even supply the 'awkward' mats

Similar dailies are available for all other profs, only have my Warrior alt on PTS also so just managed to check out Armorsmith and Weaponsmith

Seeing as Ember Isle now has a minimum level requirement of 48 and you get instantly ported out if summoned by Banners or anything, expect lots of QQing from level 20's maxed out