We've all run into "that guy" at least once, the guy who says something like "just let them win, faster honor". When this mentality began to exist, I'm not entirely sure, but what I am sure about is that I don't like it.
Many PVP games give rewards for victory, but this is the only one I know of where the rewards eclipse the game itself for a large group of people, you'd think they were giving away real money for battleground participation looking at some of the crafty shit people will do just to get their daily honor.
This may be due, at least in part, to people thinking of the honor grind as long and somewhat tedious; it is, kinda, but only relative to the comparatively much smoother PvE gearing cycle. It doesn't seem bad enough, at least to me, that one would have to resort to morally dubious measures to attain it, especially if one enjoys PVP, and if they don't, praytell, why are they there to begin with? Perhaps the crux of the problem is people who are generally uninterested in PVP feeling as if they are "forced" to pursue it?

Do you think people take their honor gains a little too seriously? Furthermore, do you have any idea where, when, and most importantly why this mentality began to emerge?