Deleted

Does fire mage need a Dot protect system?

Fire mages have ridiculous ammounts of pressure and CC IF played very well.. BUT.. all of that goes out the window if a healer on there team has found his dispell button. Instant lb - dispell. Pyroblast. Dispell. combustion pretty much your only way to score a kill.. dispell.

All other DOT classes have some sort of prevention or protection for there dot's, from locks unstable affliction and the shadow priest talent Sin and Punishment.

All the dot classes rely hevaily on there dot's staying on the target. Surely it won't take much effort to have a specced ability like, "if your combustion is dispelled it deals 50% of its total damage instantly"

Deleted
    Or just play with a warlock and get dispel protect form UA.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, there's already 1 stupidly op spec for Mages, why should they get 2 that are catered for whilst Warriors have nothing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No, there's already 1 stupidly op spec for Mages, why should they get 2 that are catered for whilst Warriors have nothing?
    This man is so right. Could not agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    So your excuse to not fix a horribly broken specc atm is to leave it alone because another specc is OP? Oh no, someone QQing about a hard counter. Play with a dispeller next time since PvP isn't balanced 1v1 (because that'd be impossible)

OT: Yes. We need a DoT protection, but it won't matter now because MoP is almost here anyways and it seems like they want to break us away from being mostly DoTs.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    So your excuse to not fix a horribly broken specc atm is to leave it alone because another specc is OP? Oh no, someone QQing about a hard counter. Play with a dispeller next time since PvP isn't balanced 1v1 (because that'd be impossible)

OT: Yes. We need a DoT protection, but it won't matter now because MoP is almost here anyways and it seems like they want to break us away from being mostly DoTs.
    Shock of the century you play a Mage, why am I not surprised? Oh and horribly broken? nowhere near sorry champ, Fire is even viable over 2.2k, seems fine to me for a broken spec and when you can switch specs and suddenly become glad viable with ease, yeah you definitely need *fixing*.

Deleted
    Dispell will have a cooldown in MoP, won't it? Then again fire mage dots are much stronger than the spriest and locks if you use combust in it aswell. It would be a bit too much if you weren't able to take them away. You can put them up on the healer, and ring of frost & dragons breathe him so he cant dispell them before they have done some major dmg.

Deleted
    You are more than welcome to my Sin and Punishment if I can have your Combustion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they add this, fire mages may as well auto-win when they get lucky with pyro crits to set up combustion. No, if anything reduce fire damage by about 10% to bring it in line with other dps specs in pve, make the instant pyro unable to crit in pvp, and then add something like 30% damage on dispel.

Edit: Hopefully in MoP they'll do something with fire to reduce the potential damage greatly, so they can start working on spell reliability through dispel resistance or consequences instead of having the 2 extremes of you either do ridiculous damage, or nearly no damage.
    Last edited by mea; 2012-03-25 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Make sure the healer is in CC before you use your big CD's. If you're not doing that anyway as a mage, no dot protection will help you get better anyway. Incidentally, the only class that has real dot protection is afflic locks, VT horror and flameshock don't do shit.

Play with a Warlock next time...

Deleted
    Why is the fire mage in PvP to start with? Go frost.

Fire is broken? Okay...

OT: maybe on combustion or ignite but not on LB, Fire is already very good and widely popular, really no need to buff is like that.

Deleted
    Thread instantly took a turn for the worse - some people think fire mages should be as viable as frost mages (which, in my honest opinion, they are, even when not playing with dispel protection), others think they're disgustingly overpowered, others think they're shit.

Nothing much to constructively discuss, really.