Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    ''Nearly invincible'' but not overpowered? I don't think that mixes very well, Honestly the outburst from this and backlash of this is going to get massive nerfs or even the glyph being removed.
    Not overpowered on the assumption that most classes will be as nearly invincible in MoP as well *

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 05:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    So you are somehow all 3 specs?
    With the exception of Metamorphosis, Burning Embers, Curse of Exhaustion and Soul Burn, the other abilities are not mutually exclusive and you can have them all together at once (check the MoP Talent Calculator if you do not believe).*

10+ Year Old Account
    And disc priests can attack people and heal themselves and others, whats op about being able to heal ourselves?
    dictated but not read.

You seemed to be hopping between specs with that list.
    Try splitting them up if you really want to try and prove a point.
    List the primary tools of your opponent and how the warlock has hard counters or at least a tool to fight back for each spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creamie123 View Post
    Here is a hypothetical scenario to illustrate the near indestructible state of our beloved warlock class in MOP (though they are NOT overpowered since all classes will be getting their buffs as well):

Note: All this is assuming the worst possible scenario of being damaged to the bone without much chance of retaliation.

A Shadow Priest or Death Knight or Holy Paladin or Monk or Affliction Warlock meets a Warlock (with the following specs):

1) Warlock casts Twilight Ward to absorb Holy and Shadow damage. Shield gets destroyed by a powerful spell or two.

2) Warlock gets stunned/feared/horrified etc. but uses Voidwalker Sacrifice to create a shield to absorb more shadow damage while being CCed.

3) Shield breaks. Warlock summons 2nd Voidwalker using Grimoire of Service and casts a second Voidwalker Sacrifice shield.

4) 2nd Voidwalker shield breaks. Warlock uses Sacrificial Pact to summon ANOTHER even more powerful shield.

5) Shield breaks again. By then, Twilight Ward is ready and is cast to absorb more Shadow and Holy damage.

6) Shield breaks once more. Archimonde's Vengence is activated and enemy takes 30% of all damage dealt to Warlock.

7) Demonology Warlock uses Metamorphosis (Demonology only) to get a 600% armor buff and -6% critical chance for physical attacks, effectively reducing all physical damage by around 50%.

8) Warlock is down to 50% HP, but casts Dark Regeneration to regain 50% HP (55% with Fel Armor on).

9) Warlock's HP still goes down, but casts Mortal Coil to instantly regenerate 25% HP.

10) Not enough health? Warlock uses Blood Fear and then uses Soul Burn + Drain life (Affliction only) to drain 24% (26.4% with Fel Armor) over 3 seconds.

11) Still need HP? Pop a Healthstone (which is 3 charges now) with the Glyph of Healthstone on. Add a combat portion into the equation.

12) Have the Glyph of Felhunter on? Good job. All this while, your Devour Magic was healing you and your pet for X amount of HP every 8 seconds using the 4 buffs on the enemy.

13) Oh wait, I forgot about the 10 Burning Embers (Destruction only). Tap for instant 25% HP heal!*

14) Still need more HP? Fear target and bandage.

15) Uh oh, enemy is still damaging you? Using Unending Resolve and reduce all HP dealt to you by 50% for 12 seconds.

16) Twilight Armor, Voidwalker Sacrifice, Sacrificial Pact are all up again. Rinse and repeat.

17) Finally decided to give up? About time. Cast a glyphed Curse of Exhaustion (Affliction only), Demonic Circle out using the portal and run away.

18) What? A rogue suddenly ambushes you at the Demonic Circle? No fear, that's what the new Demonic Portal is for.

19) Now what? 10,000 orcs now surround you. Hearthstone time!

20) Unknown rogue stunlocks you after you hearthstone to inn and kills you. You wait a while ... Soulstone time!

Good times are ahead of our beloved warlock class
    Time for warlocks to rule again like the Soul Link Felhunter days at lvl 60.

Edit: Added Burning Embers, Devour Magic and made a few amendments for Destruction, Affliction and Demonology Warlock scenarios.*
    Invinsible=overpowered. And that's not even getting into the damage they're putting out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a hypothetical scenario to illustrate the near indestructible state of our beloved warlock class in MOP (though they are NOT overpowered since all classes will be getting their buffs as well):

Note: All this is assuming the worst possible scenario of being damaged to the bone without much chance of retaliation.

A Shadow Priest or Death Knight or Holy Paladin or Monk or Affliction Warlock meets a Warlock (with the following specs):

1) Warlock casts Twilight Ward to absorb Holy and Shadow damage. Shield gets destroyed by a powerful spell or two.

2) Warlock gets stunned/feared/horrified etc. but uses Voidwalker Sacrifice to create a shield to absorb more shadow damage while being CCed.

3) Shield breaks. Warlock summons 2nd Voidwalker using Grimoire of Service and casts a second Voidwalker Sacrifice shield.

4) 2nd Voidwalker shield breaks. Warlock uses Sacrificial Pact to summon ANOTHER even more powerful shield.

5) Shield breaks again. By then, Twilight Ward is ready and is cast to absorb more Shadow and Holy damage.

6) Shield breaks once more. Archimonde's Vengence is activated and enemy takes 30% of all damage dealt to Warlock.

7) Demonology Warlock uses Metamorphosis (Demonology only) to get a 600% armor buff and -6% critical chance for physical attacks, effectively reducing all physical damage by around 50%.

8) Warlock is down to 50% HP, but casts Dark Regeneration to regain 50% HP (55% with Fel Armor on).

9) Warlock's HP still goes down, but casts Mortal Coil to instantly regenerate 25% HP.

10) Not enough health? Warlock uses Blood Fear and then uses Soul Burn + Drain life (Affliction only) to drain 24% (26.4% with Fel Armor) over 3 seconds.

11) Still need HP? Pop a Healthstone (which is 3 charges now) with the Glyph of Healthstone on. Add a combat portion into the equation.

12) Have the Glyph of Felhunter on? Good job. All this while, your Devour Magic was healing you and your pet for X amount of HP every 8 seconds using the 4 buffs on the enemy.

13) Oh wait, I forgot about the 10 Burning Embers (Destruction only). Tap for instant 25% HP heal!*

14) Still need more HP? Fear target and bandage.

15) Uh oh, enemy is still damaging you? Using Unending Resolve and reduce all HP dealt to you by 50% for 12 seconds.

16) Twilight Armor, Voidwalker Sacrifice, Sacrificial Pact are all up again. Rinse and repeat.

17) Finally decided to give up? About time. Cast a glyphed Curse of Exhaustion (Affliction only), Demonic Circle out using the portal and run away.

18) What? A rogue suddenly ambushes you at the Demonic Circle? No fear, that's what the new Demonic Portal is for.

19) Now what? 10,000 orcs now surround you. Hearthstone time!

20) Unknown rogue stunlocks you after you hearthstone to inn and kills you. You wait a while ... Soulstone time!

Good times are ahead of our beloved warlock class
    Time for warlocks to rule again like the Soul Link Felhunter days at lvl 60.

Edit: Added Burning Embers, Devour Magic and made a few amendments for Destruction, Affliction and Demonology Warlock scenarios.*

Wow, this guy is a pretty disgruntled shadow Priest. He has 8 posts under his name and all of them are Warlock rage and QQ.

Did someone send him the memo that the expansion is still in its early phase of beta? Because I don't think he got it.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2012-03-26 at 05:34 AM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

i doubt you will be able to instant summon pets if you can just sacrifice them like that for a huge shield

also why would you have a felhunter out if you were using the voidwalker for shields -_-

This just in: Tanks can be OP in PVP. Also see: Protribution and/or Blood DK.

Yeah, lots of things to stay alive. They'll make good FCers in PVP and thank 'god' for that. Other than that, not a big deal.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

*Snip*
    ill bite again i guess;
    #1 is lolnotgood at all ofc or so id guess, look at mage ward and that..
    #2 A voidwalkers sacrifice is 10k hp..
    #3 It will share a cd im guessing so.. even then 20k dmg = 1hit if crit easy, 2 normal if maybe even 1.
    #4 Sacrifical pact is actually gonna be the biggest bubble, maybe the biggest QQ and actually is a decent reason for 'invincible'
    #5 See #1
    #6 They can go defensive, meaning that ability is useless and or CC you. Not invicible again yayayaya.
    #7 i doubt itd reduce 50% physical dmg, melee would whine like a bitch before that, meaning yet again they won't be invincible.
    #8 50% Hp, OVER 20 SECONDS yet again NOT INVICIBLE AND NOT THAT THAT LOLHEAL50%
    #9 this is actually ridicly op, it would have to be nerfed with a 45 sec and 25% hp heal =/ but here yes thats actually more invincible xd
    #10 Why would they risk a 10% hp dmg for a fear that WOULD get trinketed..? then interupted..
    #11 Yup normal HS with a 2? min cd. Yay. Not really 'invicible'
    #12 2400 hp isnt alot.. at all
    #13 pretty good but then again whose gonna be destro in pvp? lmfao or even invincible as one.
    #14 You cant bandage with dots on you which most of them will have, and they can trinklet, HURRAY!
    #15 Defensive cd like most classes have.. ohohoho not invincible..
    #16 you think you'd be in a 1v1 for that long and be able to do EVERYTHING you've said, without anything screwing that up? cmon
    #17 no idea what the point of that is
    #18 rogue will still probably get you.
    #19 lol?
    #20 your saying you SS'd randomly?

Seriously is it just me or was there maybe 1-2 valid points of how locks can be invincible? 0.o

Edit;
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Wow, this guy is a pretty disgruntled shadow Priest. He has 8 posts under his name and all of them are Warlock rage and QQ.

Did someone send him the memo that the expansion is still in its early phase of beta? Because I don't think he got it.
    No he did not, he might have now.
    Last edited by artem123; 2012-03-26 at 06:12 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not worried about warlocks being too powerful with the glyph. They will just be balanced to do terrible damage with the glyph on. It's like fighting a prot warrior. He might not die... but he won't do crap for damage either.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, are you people really discussing balance at this point? Like for real?

The current beta is in a near-alpha state, which means mechanic testing, number tweakings are for the final months of a beta...

This thread is just outrageously pointless

How is invincible not overpowered?

Also this is still pretty much alpha and I would't expect things to stay as is.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    btw, your wotlk is showing, I think you meant to say the 23/38 sl/sl spec from TBC as warlocks were pretty weak in vanilla.
    Locks weak in Vanilla? I'd say YOUR "wotlk is showing". You know, THIS image was made in vanilla, and for a reason.

You're forgetting something. Beta. Subject to change.

Angry I have a Warlock as a Main Character right now

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

Disgruntled Shadow Priest? At the release of Cataclysm, yeah, I was.

That was why I re-rolled to a Warlock as my new main at Cataclysm.

Right now? I am still loyal to my new favorite Warlock class, and still am. Though I still play my Shadow Priest at times for variety. However, between the 2, I still view my current warlock as being the one with the greater potential in MoP.

The situation would be different if the poster currently has a Shadow Priest main, got constantly owned by Warlocks, and does not have a Warlock as another character. So I guess, you misunderstand my intentions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who read this and assumed the intention of the OP was to entertain, and thus, smirked all the way through?
    My goodness, people are way too mad nowadays.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

>Invincible
    >"NOT overpowered"

Okay.jpeg

15+ Year Old Account
    they need to nerf warlocks now, bc according to ur rant they can play all 3 specs at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    Am I the only one who read this and assumed the intention of the OP was to entertain, and thus, smirked all the way through?
    My goodness, people are way too mad nowadays.
    Thank you. Finally someone who is reasonable, intelligent and empathic.

10+ Year Old Account
    keep in mind that most of all classes dont use holy and shadow spells ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    Paladins get Bubble and Hearth back, gl beating that Warlocks
    Our upgraded imp gets mass dispel I think