Archeology leveling

So I was thinking a little bit. If for all the races available you would get the maximum amount of archeology fragments. would that give alot of xp after the release of Mists of Pandaria. Anybody has any idea about this

xx Sora.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Deleted
    As it stands now that would certainly be the case. But that really is not the only problem. Also the Realm First 600 Archaeology achievement will be earned within minutes of release.

That said, I highly doubt Blizzard would leave it, but for now there is nothing that would combat this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    So I was thinking a little bit. If for all the races available you would get the maximum amount of archeology fragments. would that give alot of xp after the release of Mists of Pandaria. Anybody has any idea about this

xx Sora.
    This has been my idea since MoP was announced at Blizzcon. I'm currently sitting on 200 of each racial fragment and pile of keystones.

Even if Blizzard does something to stop me from reach 600 Arch in the first 5 minutes of the expansion through solves, I'll still end up with a load of vendor trash to tell and maybe some of the rares I have still yet to unlock. So win win for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Yeah, if you do Archaeology anyway and you're aiming for server first 600 Archy, there's no harm in staying close to the cap for races that you have unlocked all rares for. Even an average of 40 fragments per solve means you can craft 4-5 pieces for each race. Currently that would give you 20-25 skill points per race, more than enough to cap out Archy. I doubt they'll let that happen though, but you won't be losing out on anything.

Suspect they'll limit skill-ups in the 525 to 600 range to solves from the new MoP races. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    Suspect they'll limit skill-ups in the 525 to 600 range to solves from the new MoP races. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case.
    Why would they do that?
    Out of the 3 available sec. professions on cata release, both cooking and fishing could be capped without ever leaving your capital city.
    (Matter of fact, my cousin did both, server first cooking and fishing)

I'm not saying they won´t change archaeology skill gains in a way to ensure people have to do "new content" to actually cap, but thats not what they did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulb View Post
    Why would they do that?
    Out of the 3 available sec. professions on cata release, both cooking and fishing could be capped without ever leaving your capital city.

I'm not saying they won´t change archaeology skill gains in a way to ensure people have to do "new content" to actually cap, but thats not what they did in the past.
    The Cata server first cooking was a joke with the way they let you stockpile the cooking badges for recipes AND meats for a month in advance. Don't expect cooking to be capped in the first 5 minutes again.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Ulb View Post
    Why would they do that?

Why would they do it? Because if they didn't there'll be several hundred (thousand?) people hitting 600 within seconds of logging on after the expansion launches. Yes some people did this with cooking in Cata, but that at least required Cata mats and recipes; you couldn't hit 600 by stocking up on Wrath and earlier mats. It is only a guess but I don't think they'll allow anyone to cap archaeology by stocking up on solves so they only have 15 or so buttons to click when they log in.

By the way, fishing was bugged when Cata went live, granting a guaranteed skill-up for every cast between 500 and 525, even if fishing in Stormwind.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Deleted
    You dont gain XP for the solves, you gain XP for the digs, so pre-digging would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanmg View Post
    You dont gain XP for the solves, you gain XP for the digs, so pre-digging would be pointless.
    Please read the OP...

OT: No idea, I guess they could make change it so you can only use Pandarian solves to cap 600. But then they'd have to do the same for fishing tbh, only get 525+ by leveling in Pandarian water or something.

I honestly don't think Blizz is too concerned with the secondary professions, let alone archaeology in itself, as has been said it's digging not solving that gives XP, so players will hit 600 archaeology in minutes, then what? They still have to go to Pandaria and dig there to get the new items...