Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melpo View Post
    Well, when I look at a prospective employee, I prefer someone with some focus. Make up your mind first as to what you want to do.
    Psychology? Network Engineering?

How exactly do you intend to apply for any position regarding psychology without an appropriate degree?
    Same as to Network Engineering.

Graphic Design seems to be your best bet. Focus on that.
    This is a College Application, the 6th form I am applying to requires a subject to be picked for each section. There are 5 sections, this is not a University application and I don't have a Degree, best I have is a GCSE and a A level as well as DoE Award.

I am looking to do CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) and general ICT as those are going to be my backups. If for example I am not going to lets say ''mark it'' in the Graphics Industry I have a backup plan to follow (CCNA, ICT). In terms of Psychology, well it sounds fairly interesting might as well give it a go and see how it goes (id say explain why I am choosing Psychology indepth but that would rather waste time).

Need a backup plan as I have said, hence why studying both IT and Graphic Design (or at least I am hoping to). Both subjects interest me deeply (unless there would be some sort of Kiteboarding Course, id be on it! xD), hence why I chose those. Studying one thing only does not seem logical to me incase something goes wrong, there would be no backup plan.

Like anything in life, you need to sell yourself. How do you sell something? You find something that people need or convince them that they need it.
    Yep, il try to promote my self as best as I can and why I would be ideal for the courses that I have chosen.

EDIT: oh yeah, sell me on the first page. Not in an essay. I have hundreds of CV's I'm looking through
    Of course, the first page is something I want to have clear, easy to read information which describes my achievements, what I am trying to achieve and why I would be the ideal candidate. I guess if I was a Reviewer and seen a giant block of text, id probably turn around and bin it. Something inbetween sounds ideal, not too much writing but not boring or too flashy either.

My English teacher always told me, try to keep everything small, descriptive and giant blocks of text as that turns many people off, whether you are writing a CV/Resume or creating a Poster.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2012-03-26 at 04:59 PM.
    -K