Thread: Dragon roar

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragon roar

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=118000
    New Warrior talent.. the name and the Effect?

FUS DO RAH? anyone?

it's awsome tho..
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    cant dodge it, its perfect. throwdown is so retarded vs rogues/ferals/parry-knights

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 OMG BLIZZ HOW DO U EXPECT ME 2 CACHE MAGEZ WITH A KNOCKBACK, U GUYS SUCK DONKEY ASSHOLE

I think that it's in just for shits and giggles at the moment, but it's going to be nice against some melee classes and probably RBGs too. I wonder if the knockback works when the stun is on DR, though?

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    Dragon Roar.
    Is probably the best ability in the game. No joke.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Is probably the best ability in the game. No joke.
    So Warriors can be Dovahkiin. how many people would Macro FUS RO DAH to it?

But yeah, will be amazing a stun. but the knockback effect can be nice or well not, if you're slowed alot.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Roar... reminds me of the ridiculously strong ability in Star Ocean: The Last Hope.
    This one seems to be almost as good!

I wonder how far back it knocks people, it's potentially even better to knock people off edges than thunderstorm/typhoon since mages and priests can't slow fall/levitate it and druids can't shift into cat since they're all unable to take actions at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Dragon Roar... reminds me of the ridiculously strong ability in Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

I wonder how far back it knocks people, it's potentially even better to knock people off edges than thunderstorm/typhoon since mages and priests can't slow fall/levitate it and druids can't shift into cat since they're all unable to take actions at the time.
    It looks to be about 10yards, or less

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post

Swifty's new MoP video showcases it quite well.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    I would say that it's a bit less than 10 yards. Unless they are a bit far already they don't really leave melee range.

Thinking of RBG scenarios, it will most probably get nerfed so hard that it will be as much exciting as... Inner Rage.

On a second thought, maybe it doesn't get nerfed that hard since it is at the same tier as bladestorm and shockwave, which at least one of them is pretty useful in pvp.
    Last edited by Angy; 2012-03-25 at 02:43 PM.

Aoe unavoidable aoe throwdown that hits for 60k....

This ability is awesome. I'm sure you will be able to catch people onto walls and do insane damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Aoe unavoidable aoe throwdown that hits for 60k....
    Hits for nowhere near that much in the actual swifty video. The reason it deals damage at all is because it's on the same tier as shockwave and Bladestorm, both those provide damage and additional utility, either through a stun or Freedom effect.

Definitely macroing "FUS RO DAH!" to it when MoP hits. And no, I'm never gonna give this ability up.

After that, it's to BWL, BWD, or DS to steal their souls.

Sadly I can see this being a beta-only ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Hits for nowhere near that much in the actual swifty video. The reason it deals damage at all is because it's on the same tier as shockwave and Bladestorm, both those provide damage and additional utility, either through a stun or Freedom effect.
    It didn't on players with res which as we saw res is massively broken atm but it did on dummys.

I don't think bladestorm is gonna see a lot of love in its current state. Dragon Roar and Shockwave are both obviously better picks since they can be used while disarmed, give warrior much needed control and provide major aoe damage as well.

While bladestorm is a great anti-control tool, its cd and disarm vulnerability greatly diminish its usefulness in comparison to the other two abilities in its tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

hmm wonder how big the knockback is. Warriors might OWN the flag in EOTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm wonder how big the knockback is. Warriors might OWN the flag in EOTS.
    10 yards.

I wish they actually scrapped the stun part, but kept the 1s knockdown when landing, and instead, made it a 15y frontal knockback.
    Like a shockwave that pushes people away, but with a lower "stun".
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    10 yards.

I wish they actually scrapped the stun part, but kept the 1s knockdown when landing, and instead, made it a 15y frontal knockback.
    Like a shockwave that pushes people away, but with a lower "stun".
    Why would you want to push people away as a warrior?