Poll: Raids! Single size, dual size with shared, or dual size with seperate content?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Raids! Single size, dual size with shared, or dual size with seperate content?

As the tittle says:
    Would you prefer for MoP
    1) Single size raids
    2) Dual size raids with shared content or
    3) Dual size raids with seperate content?
    4) More than 2 sizes? Plz specify.

Would be nice to share your thoughts on why you believe your prefered option would be better.

Plz refrain from actually mentioning size options as this should be the content of a different poll.

Edit: Typo for 3rd option of the poll. Thanks to the moderators it is fixed . Cheers!
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2012-03-27 at 08:58 AM.

One size, one difficulty, hardmodes activated like in Ulduar. Make it 15 man. Atleast 14 bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    One size, 20man would be perfect.

Totally separate content is the only way 10man and 25man will ever be balanced.

I personally would like to see them scrap everything and just go to 20man-only. It would be easy for both guild sizes to adapt, and solve so many problems.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Single size, single lockout.

BUT - Separate lockout for heroics. With linear progression, meaning no skipping heroic bosses just to down the easiest ones. So you can full clear normal modes, and then progress on heroics.

Deleted
    Agree with Stevoman, separate raids for 10 and 25 mens were just better - if nothing else, how can i explain it, you simply had a different feeling back then - if you want it, you can say it raid and the enviorment was made for certain number of players.

Issue though is there're far too many 10men guilds to go back to that. But on other hand, with people coming back in MoP, getting solid 25men guild running shouldn't be that hard.

I think the way Ulduar had it was perfect:

- 10/25 modes, with 10 being easier and 25 harder
    - 10/25 modes also having entirely different loot, 25 gives better loot than 10. That way people still like to raid both modes
    - activating hard modes for the better raid groups to get extra loot
    - no shared lockout
    - boss kills still feel very epic

Two sizes each dependent on the raid. 25 or 10 man depending on the lore surrounding the instance. Like how it was in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    I think the chance that they'll change the Cata/WoTLK model is extremely low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolisa View Post
    I think the chance that they'll change the Cata/WoTLK model is extremely low.

There is no such thing as a "Cata/WoTLK" model, as you claim. The models of Cataclysm and Lick King were fundamentally different.
    As was TBC's model.
    As was Vanilla's model.

So, not only does such "model" not exist, but the chances of it changing are extremely high, rather than low as you claim, if we look at the Developer's past practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like how it is set up now. Sure, I miss the days of 40/20man raids, but let's be honest...getting 40 people to show up for raid is a ridiculous request at this point. If you have the ability to pull together 25 raiders week in and week out, then there you go. But 10 man is still there for people that don't feel like trying to have to get that many people on the same schedule. I've raided 10 and 25 in Cata. Both have their ups and downs. Leave it as is.

Plus, it would be a real shame to see it shaved down from 25, and have good guilds have to drop raiders (most likely dps) just to refit in the new design of ??-man raidng, whatever that number may be.

Deleted
    double size double lockout same loot
    who cares about balance

Lol it's obvious they won't make single size,they would lose even more subs...

Quote Originally Posted by mikkio View Post
    double size double lockout same loot
    who cares about balance
    I like this post. It shows cumulative community spirit. Balance? Raid size? Who cares? Just give us loot.

Deleted
    one size 20 people+, ulduar like hardmode (you dont need hardmodes for every boss, and make them triggered by ingame actions not because your raidlead pushed a button(mimirons button of course doesn't count)). More fun mechanics and possibilites for 3 tank fights or alternative tank(mages warlocks or priest mind control) fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Two sizes each dependent on the raid. 25 or 10 man depending on the lore surrounding the instance. Like how it was in TBC.
    I'll go even further than that and say raids should be separate sizes/difficulties altogether.

Smaller size raids have their own set of bosses, are easier, drop lower level loot, and chronologically come before the 40man.
    Larger size raids have their own set of bosses, are harder, drop a higher level of loot, and are the end of that chapter.

Make it balanced such that a guild recruits for the large size, but can split evenly in half for the smaller size.

Purely from a lore standpoint, an enemy that requires more people to defeat is inherently harder.

(Yes, I realized that I just described the Vanilla raiding model. Let the flames commence.)

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

One size with the raid finder, normal, and heroic on the same lockout.

My main problem with 10m is the less people you have, the less interesting mechanics you get. You won't get Lady vashj or Kael'thas type mechanics anymore. Fights will never require more than 2 tanks with current model. Halfus 10m heroic was easier with 3 tanks and they changed it so would just use 2. That proves we will never need more and it sucks imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcfeegan View Post
    One size with the raid finder, normal, and heroic on the same lockout.
    God, I don't normally flame other people's idea...and I get it, this is your opinion for what they should do...

But seriously....this idea would limit the content available to people each week by SUCH a severe amount....I would pray this NEVER happens.

How would it limit content? I only raid heroics and nothing else. Come MoP ill have to do LFR and heroics which i'd rather not. Killing boss a second time on an easier setting isnt more content. It's you being fooled by blizzard.