Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If the reapers were real currently they would leave us be.

We have yet to reach our Apex and follow their guidelines for an organic life.

We haven't even found the Citadel or the Mass Relays yet.

Hell we cant even get a MAN to mars yet.
    Hail Lord Bjor!

If the reapers and all the other stuff from ME is real, then I would go to Citadel and bang some Asari. Huaaah!

We wouldnt stand a chance because we dont wear absurd amount of plot armor.

Indefinitely...we haven't developed an AI so they aren't interested in us.

If reapers came in an hour, well... we would never see them. They would never come to Solar System because we do not fill their target parameters. They wipe out sentient spacefaring races. We hardly qualify. The galaxy would be cleaned out of anything that filled those qualifications, and we would never even know that was happening. Then we'd happily live ever after, until year 52012...

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MythDanish View Post
    Hell we cant even get a MAN to mars yet.
    At the current level of technology it is completely possible, but dat price tag... in the worst case scenario it'll reach the size of a yearly budget of an medium european nation. No-one will put that much money on it until tech advances from "yes we can" to "yes we can afford it". I higly doubt the planned deadline of 2030 will come to pass. The economic crisis might delay the flight by even decades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    At the current level of technology it is completely possible, but dat price tag... in the worst case scenario it'll reach the size of a yearly budget of an medium european nation. No-one will put that much money on it until tech advances from "yes we can" to "yes we can afford it". I higly doubt the planned deadline of 2030 will come to pass. The economic crisis might delay the flight by even decades.
    Actually currently it is highly unlikely we could successfully get a man to Mars. Recent medical research has shown incredible amounts of brainstem and visual degradation in people who have been subject to low/zero gravity for prolonged periods of time (6months+) in addition to the degredation of the muscles and skeleton which we already know about. In the 4 years it would take for a Mars expedition to take place it is almost certain that the astronauts would have died before they even reached the planet.

Deleted
    Oh dont worry they are real and they are watching you always watching and waiting until you are ready to be harvested.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2012-03-26 at 10:48 PM.

I dont think we qualify for space-faring, hence we would be spared and probably lead the next cycle.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    mmm... harvest me....

10+ Year Old Account
    We'd get dominated. Not even a competition. However, it'd probably be the most epic battle ever. Humans are really scrappy, and it'd be really amazing to see (as an observer) humanity using ever last resource on the planet in a mad dash to accomplish literally anything. I've heard stories of ship crews who staid behind to keep the cannons firing even after the ship was half-submerged. Imagine an entire planet doing that! We'd be building and firing missiles as fast as we possibly could while the world was being ripped apart around us.

We've got a remote chance, and we'll try out of spite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    We'd get dominated. Not even a competition. However, it'd probably be the most epic battle ever. Humans are really scrappy.
    Don't forget to take in account the human will to survive.

I would just ask them for that funky stuff and zombie for them until I get rolled up by them. The rest of you guys wouldn't last so long.. sucks to be you guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    just show the reapers the kardashians, jersey shore and beiber... we are to primitive and will be spared, not that is a good thing

maybe a day or so
    Last edited by nutty323; 2012-03-27 at 01:50 AM.

I thought they only attack species who have discovered ftl drive or whatever it's called. But yeah if they did attack us for fun etc then we'd last a year at best.
    Now that I think about it...it'd be quit a sight to see a 2km Reaper:O

edit: I say a year because they don't seem to use mass destruction weapons/biological weapons so it might take a while.
    Last edited by Mortezu; 2012-03-27 at 02:08 AM.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

We would be totally screwed. None of our weapons are capable of penetrating either the ships or the ground troops shields. The reason why the bullets penetrate the shields in ME is because they are almost atom sized for penetration purposes and are fired at a fraction of the speed of light by a mass effect field, also increasing the mass of the bullet when fired for power. We have nothing that would come close to doing that. I doubt our bullets would even penetrate husk armor. It would be a limitless army of terminators that can me made from humans on the ground in minutes(husk spikes), running around killing and harvesting people at will 24/7.

What a nightmare.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-27 at 07:21 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Actually currently it is highly unlikely we could successfully get a man to Mars. Recent medical research has shown incredible amounts of brainstem and visual degradation in people who have been subject to low/zero gravity for prolonged periods of time (6months+) in addition to the degredation of the muscles and skeleton which we already know about. In the 4 years it would take for a Mars expedition to take place it is almost certain that the astronauts would have died before they even reached the planet.
    Hence the need for a massive and colossally expensive ship capable of simulating gravity via centrifuge. Completely possible, insanely expensive.

real question is why dont they carry nukes or an equivlant to glass planets
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    real question is why dont they carry nukes or an equivlant to glass planets
    They don't wish to destroy or permanently damage planets. The bulk of the Reaper technology advantage seems to be defensive in nature, as they're not shown to have weapons of mass destruction, but have extremely powerful kinetic barriers.

Pretty long, we are not advanced enough to be considered a threat. We would last at least untill the next cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Only it doesn't take 4 years to reach Mars, just 6-9 months. And people have been on the ISS for 6 months in zero gravity with no deaths. The planet has gravity so once they've landed, they're "safe".

But OT, I'd go with the others, the Reapers wouldn't care about Earth, we haven't even reached the Citadel yet:P Besides, I think I heard some comments in ME3, about the yahg that the Reapers have left them alone and that they are likely to become the next leading council race in the next cycle and the codex says that they have 20th century technology but have nearly completed their first space ship.

But if they did come to Earth now, we would last for months, possible even years or decades before the last human is killed. Since Earth is huge and full of people and the Reapers don't use viruses or poison the atmosphere and similar things, I'm sure resistance and survivors could live in sewers, bunkers or just migrating and looting for quite a while.