Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how everyone in this thread is proficient enough at archery to pick people off from cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    use feces to make shots to any body part a lethal wound ... ewwww

Deleted
    I'd kill without problem, the thing is gathering food and a place to sleep. I'm in pretty good shape and I'm strong, I'm not dumb like some of the people in the book and I don't have a problem eating 'gross' things, like bugs. The problem isn't that some random guy would kill me, I think I would die of not sleeping or perhaps walk in to a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Real Hunger Games would be boring. Half the people would dig holes and just wait, hoping to outlast the rest.
    No, if that were the case, the Gamemakers would throw something at you that would force you out of your hiding place. The audience wants a show.

I would win. Because, in order to win something like that you gotta be... sneaky! "Yeah, Charlie you gotta be sneaky!" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexdominus View Post
    I would win. Because, in order to win something like that you gotta be... sneaky! "Yeah, Charlie you gotta be sneaky!" :P
    This guy has the right idea, "kill people in their sleep" is the correct answer.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    No, if that were the case, the Gamemakers would throw something at you that would force you out of your hiding place. The audience wants a show.
    what he said. anyone read the book knows that you cant just hide from everyone else the entire time, the gamemakers would create a situation that would force you back towards the other tributes duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Legevia View Post
    One problem with this. There are only 2 rules in the arena. Rule 1 dont step off your platform in the first 60 seconds and rule 2 no cannibalism. This is covered in one of the first two books. If its in the first book then it wasnt included in the movie but i dont remember off the top of my head as ive gone through the first two books and most of the way through the third in the last week.

edited: Also this isnt covered in the movies but they collect the bodies after you kill someone.
    I have no intention of eating them.

--------------------
    I'm no good at archery. I'd rate myself at a -4. I do know how to put the pointy end of a stick into your lung so you don't make noises while you choke on your own blood though. I'm a +8 at that.

*daydreams about Hunger Games* ahhhh : )
    Last edited by Ooldoong; 2012-03-26 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I like how everyone in this thread is proficient enough at archery to pick people off from cover.
    I have played Skyrim at least 3 times in a row with archery. I think I know what I am doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    I have played Skyrim at least 3 times in a row with archery. I think I know what I am doing.
    I'm assuming this is sarcasm, but in case it isn't...

LOL

Deleted
    i would kill everyone in the game then i prob would go batshit mental on the ones that put me in the game

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I'm assuming this is sarcasm, but in case it isn't...

LOL
    Did I mention it was on Master Difficulty?

Also I have been hunting northern and lower Michigan IRL for quite a few years if that answers your question.
    Last edited by Drofu; 2012-03-26 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    Did I mention it was on Master Difficulty?
    lookoutwegotabadassoverhere.jpg

Ya, I switched my sneaky archer over to master and it's still trivial difficulty =/ I wish I hadn't gone and done all that OP crafting stuff...

I'd probably die before the game even gets going. While I may have some basic survival skills and could probably overpower some of the weaker competitors, the simple fact is I have no ability to run long distances. Even though I have the energy to do so, I get nasty runner's cramp very quickly and wouldn't be able to outrun all but the slowest opponent.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    And if so, how would you do it? What would be your strategy?

I don't I could ever get the nerve to kill someone, but I may be able to survive on my own and hope everyone kills everyone else.

If you're over the age limit, just imagine that you are 18.
    You forget that they will train you in the art of survival when you get picked. I wouldn't choose my strategy until after that.