Monk Preperation

I love achievements as do most of you I'd assume since this is the achievement forums, and it's more likely than not that ill be switching to the Monk for MoP.

I'm also not going to hold my breath for account wide achievements anytime soon. Even though my main has 14.2k and 14.5k is easily achieveable before MoP, I almost hope for them not to make it as I'd really like to start fresh on a Monk on a day one and see how quickly I can hit 9k for the FoS and then back to where I currently am.

All that aside, I'm currently saving a lot of stuff that will help in this little quest and was wondering if anyone could think of something I've forgotten.

Enough Arcane Tomes/Fel Arms to hit exalted with both factions with enough Dampscale Basilisk Eye to make the switch for Hero of Shattrath

Currently enough Satchels from LFD to hit the 25k gold achievement within minutes of making the Monk, would like to get up to 50k but I'm starting to really hate the 4.3 5 mans

Enough Twilight Texts to be exalted with CC.

Tons of random BoE pets/mounts.

Enough locked boxes for Exalted with Ravenholdt

Two bank tabs of food and drink including the annoying stuff from Hyjal for those achievements.

Any ideas that I've missed? Give me something to do in this incredibly boring time please.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2012-03-26 at 05:10 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is such an insane project but I support you 100% lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marken View Post
    That is such an insane project but I support you 100% lol
    Yeah I agree. I'm still reeling from thinking about what you have ready for your monk, I'd need to think for a bit to come up with ideas.

Thanks guys. It gives me something to do right now and as the GM of a small raiding guild, I like to be online for at least a little bit each day. Friend of mine suggested a battered hilt as I'm sure Pandas will get attached to that, so that's on the agenda next.

mats for professions, herbs, ore, jewels, enchanting mats etc
    mats for first aid, bandages
    mats for cooking
    keystones for archaeology

As someone who enjoys achievement hunting I'd like to say good luck and keep us posted on your progress in preparation and when it goes live. The only thing I've thought of so far would be enough Waterlogged Recipes from the fishing rewards to get your Chef's Hat fast for the cooking meta achievement. If I think of more I'll post it here.

Don't forget all the boe recipes for your chosen professions for quick leveling - especially for cooking since you get the achievements for those.

Any fishing gear/lures you may need to knock out as many fishing achievements as possible quickly (will need the lures for non-pool fish).

I'll try to think of more and get back to you.

Oh, line up a friend with the Sandstone Drake mount to ferry you around to get the Explorer/Frostbitten/Medium Rare stuff quickly.
    "I have a hard on for Alexstrasza and I don't want her to die before I can make her my personal mount in both of her forms"* Jet Zeppelin
    "give Paragon o kick in their face with your fist "

Deleted
    These are the things I farmed so far for my monk:

- Mats for engineering & blacksmithing 525
    - Alot of flasks / potions / foodbuffs for the questing
    - Next week i'll have my shadowmourne so I'll have nice shinies like the tabard & the mount on my monk

And Dakhath thanks for the nice farming tips. Gonna get me farming some rep items too